Hip Hop

If you're talking vinyl, you're going to need a lot of that fun $$$ if you want any billy woods vinyl besides Hiding Places and Shrines at the moment. :ROFLMAO:

There's been some rumblings about some back catalogue reissues that I hope come to fruition. Seems like they should, but I'm not sure what the hold up is.

You are in for a treat on Can Ox. Nothing like it. Incredible production by El-P as well. billy is/was friends with Vordul Mega and I think he helped him get some traction at his start. Hope you dig it.

I know this was lucky as f**k but I was able to grab a copy of Billy Woods 'Today I Wrote Nothing' 2XLP on Amazon for around $40 shipped mid-January. Included the free auto-rip so that was probably my 'lottery win' for '20. It's good. Not on par with Hiding Places or Terror Management (IMHO) but damn, Billy Woods can write some insightful lyrics. Dig it.

Again, thanks for everyone for the tips. Much appreciated! (y) 🔥 (y)

Mach’s Hard Lemonade – Tracklist
  1. SBTM (Sweeney Been Told Me)
  2. Soon Jah Due (Feat. Earl Sweatshirt)
  3. Marshmallow Test
  4. Smoked Maldon (Feat. Tha God Fahim)
  5. Photocpy Sloppy (Dump Fraud)
  6. Pour House (Feat. Your Old Droog)
  7. Clout Dracula (Remix) (Feat. Navy Blue, Tvoy & YoungQueenz)
  8. Squeaky Hinge
  9. NJ Ultra

In case anyone else slept on the fatbeats exclusive, you can still get the gold wax direct from the label here.

Somebody commented the other day that Mello Music Group had been having a big year, any recommendations? I'm an oddisee stan but that's about it from that label so far and they have a ton of artists

Last edited:

In case anyone else slept on the fatbeats exclusive, you can still get the gold wax direct from the label here.

Somebody commented the other day that Mello Music Group had been having a big year, any recommendations? I'm an oddisee stan but that's about it from that label so far and they have a ton of artists
Finally listening to this project and now regretting that I spent so much in vinyl lately as this is pretty great

Quelle Chris & Chris Keys - Innocent Country 2

That's my favorite this year, or do you mean other years too?

Quelle Chris & Chris Keys - Innocent Country 2

That's my favorite this year, or do you mean other years too?
Other years are definitely fine as well if you've got more to recommend. I was not ready for this Innocent Country album, what a ride! Crazy production.
L'Orange & Jeremiah Jae - The Night Took Us In Like Family this is a old project i believe it came out in 2014 if you haven't already checked it out i would highly recommend it.
Thanks, Ill check this out now!

Mach’s Hard Lemonade – Tracklist
  1. SBTM (Sweeney Been Told Me)
  2. Soon Jah Due (Feat. Earl Sweatshirt)
  3. Marshmallow Test
  4. Smoked Maldon (Feat. Tha God Fahim)
  5. Photocpy Sloppy (Dump Fraud)
  6. Pour House (Feat. Your Old Droog)
  7. Clout Dracula (Remix) (Feat. Navy Blue, Tvoy & YoungQueenz)
  8. Squeaky Hinge
  9. NJ Ultra

Is this confirmed? I know this was the Amazon listed tracklist which had the other cover art, but that has been removed

Other years are definitely fine as well if you've got more to recommend. I was not ready for this Innocent Country album, what a ride! Crazy production.

Thanks, Ill check this out now!
Glad you like it!

Obviously everything isn't for everyone but here are my other favorites:

Open Mike Eagle - Dark Comedy/Brick Body Kids/A Special Episode Of
Quelle Chris - Guns/Everything's Fine (with Jean Grae)

I agree on that L'Orange & Jeremiah Jae, and the newer one, Complicate Your Life With Violence is pretty great too.

Lots of other good stuff on there that I should dig into more.

Last edited:
I also really like the MC Paul Barman record they did but I think saying he isn't for everyone is an understatement. 😂 Still, I think he deserves more widespread recognition. Seems like he gets a lot of respect from great rappers and producers though, which is something.

This looks good

I still need a copy of Champion Sound but I only want the OG with the original samples, especially since "The Red" is one of my all time favorite Dilla beats and I can't stand to listen to the newer version.

🤯
Pretty sure Stove God Cooks is Aaron Cooks. (If this was known, awh well, haha)

Edit to add:Fried me remembered there’s such thing as google to help

yup.
he seems to have gone by a couple of variations of the name Cooks, but the same dude. finally gave Reasonable Drought a listen this weekend, it's really good! I said it when I first listened to Flygod is an Awesome God 2 that I think he had the best features on it... definitely am going to keep an eye on this dude!

Back