Hip Hop

Man, I love that yall are digging Boldy but I can't for the life of me get into him. He sounds like a bored Earl Sweatshirt (even boreder? more bored? more boring?) to me. Is there some non-Alchemist project I'm missing cause that EP does nathan for me.

Man, I love that yall are digging Boldy but I can't for the life of me get into him. He sounds like a bored Earl Sweatshirt (even boreder? more bored? more boring?) to me. Is there some non-Alchemist project I'm missing cause that EP does nathan for me.
I listened to the Boldface EP when it first dropped basically because it was an Alchemist project and it didn't do much for me at all. additionally his guest spots on HWH7 and Yacht Rock 2 didn't really grab me much either. after all that not sure what made me check out The Price Of Tea, probably it was the Benny feature, but I found the whole thing to be really good.

knowing Boldface is getting released this week I listened to it again yesterday, and while I probably liked it more than the first time I listened I don't think I'm going to grab that. Price Of Tea is the one I want.

Last edited:
Gesundheit
Prost. 🍻
giphy.gif

Man I really like the EP and the China album. I tried listening to his other stuff but couldn’t get into it. I’m so hyped to cop the EP tomorrow and I can’t wait for Al to drop TPOTIC on vinyl. I get why y’all aren’t feeling it tho. I think his flow is real smooth but can see how it can get monotonous to some.

Man I really like the EP and the China album. I tried listening to his other stuff but couldn’t get into it. I’m so hyped to cop the EP tomorrow and I can’t wait for Al to drop TPOTIC on vinyl. I get why y’all aren’t feeling it tho. I think his flow is real smooth but can see how it can get monotonous to some.
I found Boldy to sound way more animated and exciting on Price Of Tea, which caught me off guard because on everything else I found him less than interesting.

also, I like what Alchemist did more on Tea than Boldface.

Add me to the list of Price of Tea in China caught my attention but that’s about it. Sometimes I let boring rappers get a pass if the production is slick. Not always and not saying that is what is happening here. I haven’t really listened enough to have a strong opinion on the album.

Back