Hip Hop

If any of you all need to reach me hit me in my PM’s. Don’t really feel comfortable contributing here right now. I’m baffled by this whole situation and some of the things people have publicly stated. Honestly I’m just fucking sad.

Feeling the same way. Thread on ignore now. If anyone wants to talk hip hop or anything else PM is the way.

I feel sorry for Clint. I'm sure he lent money out of the goodness of his heart. I

It's also wholly unacceptable to weaponize someone's addiction and try to get people to "shame" a person. That's no way to help them get better and it's no way to actually get what you want out of them, which is to right the situation (your $ in this case).

It should have never been made public here. It was no one's business other than the party's involved and it's cowardly to try to get the internet to fight your battles for you.

What's worse is insinuating you have "local people" that can get your money for you aka tacitly threatening someone Hip Hop and then coming back a month later and melting down when a mod asks you to stop posting about it.

Not only that dude had to go cry about it in the VMP reddit and tried to get people to gang up on mods here.

The behavior is gross.

Sad to have to leave this thread but c'est la vie

Last edited:
Everything that should and should not have been said has been said and we can’t press undo, but if y’all lovely folks are now staying away from this thread or even the whole forum it would make the whole situation even more absurd - and let the bad emotions win.

I’ve always felt like this is about sharing the things that we love.
Every now and then all of us might find ourselves in struggling situations and it’s good to communicate and trying to find help - because that’s what friends are for as well.
But as bad as the circumstances might be, you should always respect each other - we’re all just people trying to get by and look out for each other.

There’s only so much time left in this crazy world.

I wish I could get into these guys because everyone else seems to really love them. I have tried a bunch of times and it just never clicks for me.

Billy Woods hasn’t totally clicked for me yet. I like a few things here and there. I checked out a few Quelle chris videos on YouTube back in the day and was definitely feeling them so I looked up some albums. Ghost at the Finish Line had just dropped at the time and I just could not get into it. It’s still his one album that just doesn’t do anything for me. Shotgun & Sleek Rifle did grab my attention though so I kept listening and watching for new music/production from him. His last three projects were easily in my top albums for those years. That’s just me though! There have been plenty of artists that just didn’t click with me, but sometimes you’re in the right mood or a song just grabs you

Quelle and Woods are 2 of the best, most consistent, original voices in hip hop. I enjoyed Guns, but thought it was a lesser album from Quelle than his past few, while Woods probably put out my favorite album of 2019 with Hiding Places and another very good album with Terror Management. Both have been on a hell of a run these past few years

Back