Hip Hop

As if they didn’t know discogs resell would be up. Also, re: that whole only 250 (and then upped to 350) pieces would EVER be produced BS...they must be using the brand new artwork to shift around that announcement. It might sound like I’m bitter but I’d just appreciate more transparency from the get go.
I feel ya. As someone who got in on the first order, I'm not too bothered though, since I don't put a lot of value on scarcity, personally. I don't like artists hamstringing themselves when they could make more money putting music into the hands of fans.

I do agree that since obviously there are people who did factor in the scarcity to this purchase, they were blatantly misleading. I think the way billy woods just presses pretty low amounts without really advertising the numbers is better.

Mostly I shared this because I'm happy that more people who want to will be able to pick it up.

I actually don't think he expected it to resell for much, or to even sell out within a week of release for that matter. As a solo artist, Hemlock didn't even have a project out prior to Back At The House, and the majority of his fame as a rapper comes from features on Milo and Busdriver songs.
It honestly doesn't even resell for that much. The cheapest copy of it is $55 on discogs, and the price was probably going to drop even further until it evened out for a while at like $40.

They're clearly doing this for money, as you thought, but it's not that egregious. There were a lot of people didn't start listening to Hemlock until a while after the initial vinyl drops, so, at the end of the day, this will benefit them as well. I'd personally much rather take a repress of a sought-after album, at the cost of FOMO-buyers being manipulated, than leave great music rare.

tbh i'm mad that he's repressing this album before any of the Milo projects, tho
Yeah, I hope Rory changes his mind about the Milo albums.

Reactions: oak
Today I FINALLY got links to the last 2 Mach Hommy projects I have been in search of. Luh Hertz and The G.A.T. (Link Below)

Mach-Hommy - 2017 - Luh Hertz & The G.A.T. (The Gospel According To...)

Also, below is the motherload of his EPs, Mixtapes, and Albums for MP3 download in case you're interested

Man, thank you!!! I've been searching for The G.A.T. for ages. It's the only Mach project I've never heard. Cheers! 🍻

Has anyone received a notice about Rare Chandeliers yet? Haven't heard anything since I purchased it, but it sounded like Alc already had them on-hand (could be wrong though).
I got my "shipping notice" last night, but it's still in the pre-shipment phase when checking the tracking. if this is anything like the shipping for Yacht Rock 2 went it will be a couple of weeks before it actually hits my front porch.

I got my "shipping notice" last night, but it's still in the pre-shipment phase when checking the tracking. if this is anything like the shipping for Yacht Rock 2 went it will be a couple of weeks before it actually hits my front porch.

Well this is slightly concerning. Someone else messaged me saying they received their record already. The bandcamp site says "ships within 7 days" so I just sent them a message asking what the status is.

WSG responded to a tweet asking about records with a somewhat cryptic post about how major labels don't do physicals anymore, which didn't seem to make sense.

Yea, any major label release with decent numbers has a vinyl preorder available. That will be REALLY disappointing if they never do a drop

WSG responded to a tweet asking about records with a somewhat cryptic post about how major labels don't do physicals anymore, which didn't seem to make sense.

Which sadly sounds like they're going to let DRW or Daupe do it :(

On an amazing note, my Mach showed up today.. big shouts to the homey @jaycee for making this happen

Back