Hip Hop

If it doesnt fund will you drop some of the fancy stuff and retry ? Or pay the remainder yourself and just sell the excess ?

Or is this campaign going to be do or die ?

Sadly, if this doesn't fund, this is probably the end. If it gets much closer I may pay the remainder and sell the excess, but at this point it would be unfeasible. As mentioned, I'm not making any money off this and don't plan to.

The fancy stuff isn't what made it expensive. It's a long album and wouldn't fit on one disk, so it had to be two disks which made quantity need to shoot up to have the price be reasonable.

You could fund the remainder of the current project and mark that up to you "getting it pressed"

I could, but as I’ve said multiple times, I’m not making any money from this endeavor. It’s just a fun thing that has turned out quite well the past 3 times and I plan to continue it as long as my Community will support me. most labels or artists count on a profit from a pressing. I’m endeavoring to put music on wax in a fun, collectible, high quality way so that artists can have physicals of something they may not have done on their own at no cost to them.

I could, but as I’ve said multiple times, I’m not making any money from this endeavor. It’s just a fun thing that has turned out quite well the past 3 times and I plan to continue it as long as my Community will support me. most labels or artists count on a profit from a pressing. I’m endeavoring to put music on wax in a fun, collectible, high quality way so that artists can have physicals of something they may not have done on their own at no cost to them.

Yeh but it would sell at cost easily (as you pointed out earlier when you was promoting it).
So it would be no real loss to you it would just require your faith.
Im just a fan of seeing fresh music put on vinyl and it be a shame to all the people who followed you miss out on this
Especially if your capable of funding it then offloading yourself.

You got the money, The followers and the faith. Whats the problem?

On a whole other level and not really necessarily rap related, but my homey Moss (who has produced a bunch of rap and discovered Obie Trice) just put out this incredible 3LP reissue of this rare as fuck South African Psych Folk record. Highly recommended you grab a copy (they're really dope) and are probably going to go for crazy loot once they sell out.

Yeh but it would sell at cost easily (as you pointed out earlier when you was promoting it).
So it would be no real loss to you it would just require your faith.
Im just a fan of seeing fresh music put on vinyl and it be a shame to all the people who followed you miss out on this
Especially if your capable of funding it then offloading yourself.

You got the money, The followers and the faith. Whats the problem?

I believe in this project but ultimately it’s just a side hobby to my side hobby. It would cost me over 3.5 grand to fund the rest of the project assuming it didn’t have any other pledges. I don’t have that kind of cash sitting around waiting to sell 100 copies independently of a campaign, nor do I have space for those records or time to logistically promote and ship them out. I have a full time job and I spend another full time job’s worth of time creating and promoting my content. if this doesn’t fund with my full effort and the support of BSBD and Nacho reaching out to their audience, maybe it isn’t meant to be. All I can do is believe in the project and try to share it in a relevant area of the internet. Which I tried to do on r/hiphopvinyl and Clint deleted it. And I tried to do on here and got shit on for literally no reason.

I love hip hop but maybe I won’t do any more hip hop releases with my label. My first release was a small indie folk band and sold out 360 copies at the same price point easily. Between the ludicrous pricing of the hip hop community and the vitriolic members within it, maybe I’m meant to appreciate it from afar. I guess we’ll see.

not going to post the project in this thread again, but if anyone wants to support, the link is on the other page or you can check Qrates :)

I believe in this project but ultimately it’s just a side hobby to my side hobby. It would cost me over 3.5 grand to fund the rest of the project assuming it didn’t have any other pledges. I don’t have that kind of cash sitting around waiting to sell 100 copies independently of a campaign, nor do I have space for those records or time to logistically promote and ship them out. I have a full time job and I spend another full time job’s worth of time creating and promoting my content. if this doesn’t fund with my full effort and the support of BSBD and Nacho reaching out to their audience, maybe it isn’t meant to be. All I can do is believe in the project and try to share it in a relevant area of the internet. Which I tried to do on r/hiphopvinyl and Clint deleted it. And I tried to do on here and got shit on for literally no reason.

I love hip hop but maybe I won’t do any more hip hop releases with my label. My first release was a small indie folk band and sold out 360 copies at the same price point easily. Between the ludicrous pricing of the hip hop community and the vitriolic members within it, maybe I’m meant to appreciate it from afar. I guess we’ll see.

not going to post the project in this thread again, but if anyone wants to support, the link is on the other page or you can check Qrates :)

I can see why clint deletes it tbh do you know how many failed qrate projects are done over n over?
Sure it be a different story if it was the actual vinyl drop not another crowd fund. But guess ud have to ask him lol
I dont mind you posting here. Feel free.

Reactions: oak
This is pointless to post for obvious reasons but in case anyone wanted a really expensive variant of this have at it

This song is nice

Honestly, I stand by like 99% of the reissues Moss has done on his label, Strawberry Rain. And even the ones I don't stand by are merely a personal preference kind of thing. Dude puts in work and these are true labours of love where the original artists are finally getting paid for their amazing work. Can't champion him and his label enough and highly recommend it for anyone looking for dope as fuck 60s-80s funk, rock, psych, etc, etc.

Also if you grabbed any of those like Thai or African rock comps from Now-Again, odds are Moss had his hands heavily involved in those as well.

Back