Hip Hop

I'm also just personally genuinely surprised that these are her feelings. to be fair I don't really listen to her music, so these feelings may be completely evident to those who listen, but watching videos of live performances she seemed to have more of a chill, fun vibe.
Yeah, I find it surprising too. She's usually pretty negative about her art on Twitter though and this definitely isn't the first time she's said she's done with music, but usually it isn't clear what her motivations are. She seems to be really positive about her book club/podcast she started recently, so it's cool that she wants to focus on that more.

Anyone see any of Noname going off on Twitter last night? Kind of all over the place and some of the tweets have been deleted but she quit music and is focusing on her book club.

Setlist:

Calls out black people for not showing up at her shows > Mix of support and “we don’t want to hear your slam poetry” from fans > She is quitting music because she no longer wants to perform for white people / the audience makes her uncomfortable

I am just so far out of touch with this cause I feel humans are humans.. skin color be damned we all human.
If someone feels a particular shade of human can do something better then another shade of human then fuck em.
But in saying that I understand why some artist want to relate more to certain groups and not reaching this goal would be demoralizing.

has that ever happened with a Daupe! release?
Nope and I don’t think we have that to worry about that from the way The Purist has talked before. Think we would have seen some of those earlier Griselda projects by now if that was the case.
It has.

It has.

My bad, meant with any of the Griselda projects, I had forgot they did Wet Dirt with the OG cover art (Though Crime has had represses/variants with different labels before, Gunn and Conway haven’t) Assuming Crime and Skizz had a different deal set up but that’s me speaking out of my ass. Suppose we will see, just going to assume they aren’t going to switch it up now with West.

Czarface - "Call Me" 7- inch, exclusive to DJ 7L's brick and mortar record shop on Black Friday. He just threw them online. Numbered out of 300

I forgot about a bill that was coming out today. So unless there is another variant release later in the week I am going to miss out on this unfortunately :( Come on Vinyl Digital lol

It's ok though!! I am currently working on getting a copy of 4th Rope for a decent price!! If anyone has any extra copies laying around let me know!! I would love to buy one from you all first!

Last edited:
Back