Hip Hop

it's pretty obviously just banter.
See the bottom of his other post.

View attachment 20282

It was "in jest" after it was called-out. There's a track-record of lame af behavior here imo, but to each their own. I personally don't think calling people's taste in music "shit" is just banter. I certainly have opinions about how good that person's taste in music is, but i don't share them because i'm not here to tell people what they should and shouldn't listen to. This place has always been about sharing what we like and letting each other know about upcoming releases, pressings, artists, etc.

We're not all going to like each other and that's fine. What's not fine is spam posting and calling everyone in the thread's taste in music "shit" because you feel attacked. If the desire for conversation is real then why say something like that. It's lame and it makes people not want to post here.

I hate lists and I will tell you why

1. it's all subjective
2. lists are annoying
3. the time spent making a list could be better used
4. it's okay to have different taste in music*
5. wantlist is okay
6. lists are all about showing off how much you know and letting everyone know that you are not a poser (you require validation)
7. be yourself
8. stop making lists

*but I will still secretly judge you if you have a musical preference which I find to be poor even though I listen to some objectively bad music

I hate lists and I will tell you why

1. it's all subjective
2. lists are annoying
3. the time spent making a list could be better used
4. it's okay to have different taste in music*
5. wantlist is okay
6. lists are all about showing off how much you know and letting everyone know that you are not a poser (you require validation)
7. be yourself
8. stop making lists

*but I will still secretly judge you if you have a musical preference which I find to be poor even though I listen to some objectively bad music
I love lists, especially end-of-year and decade-end album lists because it’s cool to see how people feel about albums overtime!

It is all subjective, but I like seeing people’s albums list!

I love lists, especially end-of-year and decade-end album lists because it’s cool to see how people feel about albums overtime!

I don't think anything is wrong with lists by themselves, but I would agree that trying to make an objective list is doomed to fail. Like a publication trying to make a general list of "Top Ten Best Rappers" is never going to be agreeable to everyone, while a random person's list of their top ten personal favorite rappers is fine since they aren't claiming to say anything beyond "these are the rappers I like the most and think are the best"

I don't think anything is wrong with lists by themselves, but I would agree that trying to make an objective list is doomed to fail. Like a publication trying to make a general list of "Top Ten Best Rappers" is never going to be agreeable to everyone, while a random person's list of their top ten personal favorite rappers is fine since they aren't claiming to say anything beyond "these are the rappers I like the most and think are the best"
Mmmmmmm exactly! It’s so true! It’s all with how you word it! Like saying, “I think these are the 20 best albums of 2019” of “Here are my favourite 20 albums of 2019” would be good. But saying “These are the top albums of 2019” sounds more stubborn, even if you don’t mean to.

I love the yearly list bigquint does! Always find some gems I missed in that.

Its strange he did that when we has ignored vinyl for most of his career.
Im going to laugh hysterically if its a vinyl only release lol

For sure, I'm very curious why he changed his mind. I liked his vinyl releases last year, actually cheap but maintaining as much quality as you need by being as simple as possible.

We just need Graduation, Yeezus, and TLOP. So less than half his albums?

For sure, I'm very curious why he changed his mind. I liked his vinyl releases last year, actually cheap but maintaining as much quality as you need by being as simple as possible.

Yeezus cover art was supposed to resemble the death of the CD, TLOP was all digital, now vinyl has passed CDs for the first time in total sales in a year, so maybe that is why he's been doing vinyl with each new drop

Back