Hip Hop

Do you reckon as a HipHop community we could accurately come up with the must have hiphop list on vinyl?
Hiphop that didnt necessary sell big numbers but was key in helping push the cause/foundations/best of the best.
I realize such a list couldnt really be numbered because that would make it impossible as no one would agree on the same rankings but a non numbered list?

Or does personal taste/geography and other personal biases prevent us from coming up with something definitive?
I was remembering that crazy hiphop artist list a while back and it got me thinking.

• Gravediggaz ‎– 6 Feet Deep
  • Fugees ‎– The Score
  • Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
  • Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, Maad City
  • N.W.A ‎– Straight Outta Compton
  • 2pac - Me Against The World
  • Dr. Dre - The Chronic
  • Beastie Boys - Pauls Boutique
  • Outkast - ATLiens
  • Nas - Illmatic
  • Biggie - Ready To Die
  • MF Doom - Operation Doomsday
  • Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
  • Eminem - Slim Shady
  • Digital Underground - Sex Packets
  • Kanye - Late Registration
  • DJ Shadow - Endtroducing…
  • Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
  • Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang
  • Mobb Deep - The Infamous
  • Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
  • GZA - Liquid Swords
  • Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
  • Slick Rick - The Great Adventures of Slick Rick

This isn't the list but titles that instantly come to mind. Its missing a lot of music but can even this starter shortlist be agreed upon?

personal taste would cause problems for me as I instantly want Eminem off the list. It’s not a bad list though. There are other things to consider if this list is albums you should own vinyl copies of. For example, Enter the 36 Chambers and Illmatic sound like garbage on vinyl

personal taste would cause problems for me as I instantly want Eminem off the list. It’s not a bad list though. There are other things to consider if this list is albums you should own vinyl copies of. For example, Enter the 36 Chambers and Illmatic sound like garbage on vinyl

Im not a huge fan of eminem either tbh but he is one of the biggest names so having atleast 1 album on that list regardless of how I feel makes sense. Slim Shady LP being one of the nicer albums he did.

But yeah its a rough one to build lol Glad you only found 1 real issue with it tho so thats something.

To update my billy woods saga, I ended up ordering the Terror Management vinyl 😂. I've been listening to it a lot since my mini discussion in this topic. I'm still not sure how I feel on the entire album as a whole, but there's enough there to keep me interested in figuring it out. And over time there's enough of it that I like. There were only 5 copies left of the white (4 now). I didn't want it to be something that I eventually want later but then it's super expensive. Decided to just bite the bullet and go for it.

I’m trying to hold off on ordering a few from Lowtech (Soul Dust and Synchro) that would probably end up costing almost the same. At least with those I know for sure I like the albums. I’ll do some digging online to try and hear this one but I can’t blindly spend $65 on an album. It’s likely I’ll enjoy it but just to be safe.

Only 26 Soul Dust left!! Im hoping they last til Friday

I’m trying to hold off on ordering a few from Lowtech (Soul Dust and Synchro) that would probably end up costing almost the same. At least with those I know for sure I like the albums. I’ll do some digging online to try and hear this one but I can’t blindly spend $65 on an album. It’s likely I’ll enjoy it but just to be safe.
Not trying to make you spend $65 but this is probably Fahim’s best project (this or Adamantium Dojo). It was made right after he and Mach split from Griselda. I’m not happy about the cost but it was an instacop for me.

You can check it out here:

Not trying to make you spend $65 but this is probably Fahim’s best project (this or Adamantium Dojo). It was made right after he and Mach split from Griselda. I’m not happy about the cost but it was an instacop for me.

Yea I just listened to the rest of it this morning! Zero buyers remorse

Now Frank Ocean dropping 2 7"! I need to logout of the internet entirely lol

lol I found this like 5 minutes before I saw you posting it here. I realized "digging on the internet for it" just meant a quick google search. for some reason I tthought this was a new release. I think I've heard it before and yeah it's pretty good so far. unfortunate for my wallet. I almost grabbed a cassette of Adamantium Dojo a while back but I didn't and I'm pretty sure they finally sold out.

I've been checking out Estee Nack more. Digging this one a lot. Vinyl coming on Copenhagen Crates

Also just got an email about a long overdue Flee Lord Loyalty or Death. The coral snake variant looks a lot better (to me) than the splatter it was sold as. Siked that these are finally shipping

View attachment 20217

Big fan of Nack. He has two albums that he did with Al.Divino dropping on Fxck Rxp next month too. Also check out the joint dropped with RLX recently if you haven’t heard it. It’s flames!

Agree on that snakeskin too. Stoked to get those and the Loyalty or Death tee.

I made a thread dedicated to Frank Ocean and I aint even post in it today cause I knew no one else would smh

Not what I was talkin about lol but yeah I didnt mind that track it was decent.
Im not a ocean crazy like most people on here tho

Reactions: oak
Do you reckon as a HipHop community we could accurately come up with the must have hiphop list on vinyl?
Hiphop that didnt necessary sell big numbers but was key in helping push the cause/foundations/best of the best.
I realize such a list couldnt really be numbered because that would make it impossible as no one would agree on the same rankings but a non numbered list?

Or does personal taste/geography and other personal biases prevent us from coming up with something definitive?
I was remembering that crazy hiphop artist list a while back and it got me thinking.

• Gravediggaz ‎– 6 Feet Deep
  • Fugees ‎– The Score
  • Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
  • Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, Maad City
  • N.W.A ‎– Straight Outta Compton
  • 2pac - Me Against The World
  • Dr. Dre - The Chronic
  • Beastie Boys - Pauls Boutique
  • Outkast - ATLiens
  • Nas - Illmatic
  • Biggie - Ready To Die
  • MF Doom - Operation Doomsday
  • Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
  • Eminem - Slim Shady
  • Digital Underground - Sex Packets
  • Kanye - Late Registration
  • DJ Shadow - Endtroducing…
  • Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
  • Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang
  • Mobb Deep - The Infamous
  • Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
  • GZA - Liquid Swords
  • Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
  • Slick Rick - The Great Adventures of Slick Rick

This isn't the list but titles that instantly come to mind. Its missing a lot of music but can even this starter shortlist be agreed upon?

Are you just looking to make a best hip-hop albums of all time list?

"Must have on vinyl" lists are always wack to me. If you don't enjoy it or it doesn't connect with you, you dont need it in your collection. I don't enjoy the Lauryn album. I'd never pick it out to put it on.

Are you just looking to make a best hip-hop albums of all time list?

"Must have on vinyl" lists are always wack to me. If you don't enjoy it or it doesn't connect with you, you dont need it in your collection. I don't enjoy the Lauryn album. I'd never pick it out to put it on.

I just wanted to see what we could come up with.
At best I have a list of vinyl I need to buy for the library.
At worst I learn people in here have shit taste.

Just a interesting fun lil experiment.
Which releases would u personally feel is in?

I just wanted to see what we could come up with.
At best I have a list of vinyl I need to buy for the library.
At worst I learn people in here have shit taste.

Just a interesting fun lil experiment.
Which releases would u personally feel is in?

Again, why would you want other people tell you what is a must-buy? If you don't personally like something...

Also, what is shit taste? It may not be for you, but no reason to shit on what people do get enjoyment from. If your favorite album of all time is Iggy Azalea "The New Classic" then good for you, I'm not going to shit on your enjoyment of it.

Again, why would you want other people tell you what is a must-buy? If you don't personally like something...

Also, what is shit taste? It may not be for you, but no reason to shit on what people do get enjoyment from. If your favorite album of all time is Iggy Azalea "The New Classic" then good for you, I'm not going to shit on your enjoyment of it.

Endless music out there.
Easy to forget a release or to not give a release the play it deserves.
20 years go by and you never even hear about the release then some excellent human being does up a nice list and you go back and try the ones you missed and you fall in love and wonder how it is you forgot/missed that release.

Its a harmless thing.

I meant the shit taste thing more in jest.

Endless music out there.
Easy to forget a release or to not give a release the play it deserves.
20 years go by and you never even hear about the release then some excellent human being does up a nice list and you go back and try the ones you missed and you fall in love and wonder how it is you forgot/missed that release.

Its a harmless thing.

I meant the shit taste thing more in jest.

I didn't have a problem with listing, just didn't know what direction you were trying to go, "Must Haves" or "Best of all time".

I feel like "Best Rap Albums" is beaten to death across the internet and society. Illmatic. Reasonable Doubt, Chronic..etc...zzzz

How about a "most overlooked" albums list?

I didn't have a problem with listing, just didn't know what direction you were trying to go, "Must Haves" or "Best of all time".

I feel like "Best Rap Albums" is beaten to death across the internet and society. Illmatic. Reasonable Doubt, Chronic..etc...zzzz

How about a "most overlooked" albums list?

Yeh that would be cool!

Harder but still a great idea.
How would you start that one off?

Back