Hip Hop

So here's one for errbody.. most underrated rapper of all time and why?

I think DOOM and Fabolous are two of the most underrated for different reasons in different circles. I think the mainstream/average hip hop fan has no idea the depth of DOOMs discography with his alter egos and such. One of the top lyricists ever. Fabolous should have blown up bigger at a mainstream level, different than DOOM, he had a moment in the mid 00s when he was huge, then died down a little, then fell back and became a mixtape guy from like 2009 to 2019. I think his stuff only got better tho! Which is why i say him......Soul Tapes and There is No Competition series are amazing though

I think DOOM and Fabolous are two of the most underrated for different reasons in different circles. I think the mainstream/average hip hop head has no idea the depth of DOOMs discography with his alter egos and such. One of the top lyricists ever. Fabolous should have blown up bigger at a mainstream level, he had a moment in the mid 00s then fell back and became a mixtape guy from like 2009 to 2019. Soul Tapes and There is No Competition series are amazing though

I think doom gets alot of love and respect.

But fabolous? yeh u might be right on that one lol no one talks about him ever xD

I think doom gets alot of love and respect.

But fabolous? yeh u might be right on that one lol no one talks about him ever xD
DOOM does among hip hop heads. Some of my friends who love hip hop dont really know who he is tho. One of my boys came over and I had on King geedorah. He was like who tf is that. I said MF DOOM. He said never heard him. Hes 26 too

That's not necessarily underrated though. Anyone who hears the name and recognizes it places him as one of the all time greats. An example of someone truly underrated is E-40 - everyone knows the name for the most part but not many understand his legacy, influence, unbelievable lexicon of slang, incredible flows and expansive discography.

Tyler 9PM

I haven’t enjoyed a Tyler album since Bastard and I haven’t listened to that in ages. Maybe this’ll be different but I’ve always just been more on the Earl, Domo and Hodgy train when it came to wolf gang.

Edit: I will say I have enjoyed songs here and there. Just can’t say I’ve been excited for him to release anything in years now.

Last edited:
Back