Hip Hop

A$AP Rocky’s albums have just been getting worse and worse! His breakthrough mixtape - Live.Love.A$AP, was amazing and I can’t see A$AP ever getting back to that kind of level of innovation/creativity.

I can imagine himself and Tyler, The Creator doing an amazing collaborative album though!

A better combo would be Joey Bada$$ and A$AP Rocky.

Testing is a masterpiece smh
MASTERPIECE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek:😅❌

That track that heavily samples Moby is boring as f*** and FKA Twigs even sounds bored on the track she is on. Testing is very inconsistent unfortunately. I think the album is bloated and I cannot sit through it the whole way through.

MASTERPIECE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek:😅❌

That track that heavily samples Moby is boring as f*** and FKA Twigs even sounds bored on the track she is on. Testing is very inconsistent unfortunately. I think the album is bloated and I cannot sit through it the whole way through.

I think he just trolling ya lol poor a$ap copped alot of hate over that album. It wasnt really deserved but I could see why.

I think he just trolling ya lol poor a$ap copped alot of hate over that album. It wasnt really deserved but I could see why.
No, he's being serious. Nothing wrong with him thinking it's masterpiece. It's all subjective opinions in the end, but I think that album is not even close to being a masterpiece. It's a mediocre album with a only a few highlights.

I love mellowed out hip hop so its completely for me. I dont think theres a single track on that shit that isnt great.
The weakest would be "A$AP FOREVER Remix" cause Cudi's voice doesnt blend with the beat well, but I still fuck with his verse.

Its absolutely far from inconsistent since it maintains the same style throughout the whole thing.

FKA Twigs is meant to sound nonchalant cause that's how Rocky was sounding. If she had come in hype itd fuck the vibe up. I also love the mezzanine-type trip hop vibe she contributes to the song.

The whole album is perfect early morning music.

I'd be sad if Rocky never goes back to this style cause of how split the opinion is on it, but at least we got a really incredible album out of it.

How is that "Praise The Lord (Da Shine)" a perfect morning song? Is it because it has an oriental undertone sound with that flute? 😂

I do really enjoy the track "Buck Shots"! It's a trippy, hazy banger!

I think A$AP Rocky was trying too hard on this album and ended up sounding bland. A lot of the tracks feel like they go on for way too long! The production feels drab, sleepy, stark and drab on most of the tracks. A$AP just sounds unenthusiastic and jaded on that album, but not in an artistic way. I dunno, this album was just a miss for me.

Reactions: oak

I forget people here don't visit the pre-order thread lol!! Good looks!

iegk4ctqzej31.jpg

I only really visit this site on my phone and I can never open this thread without accidentally clicking Woob’s profile. Doesn’t happen with any other thread.

Universe is trying to tell me something

I have same problem and at one point accidentally “unfollowed” him and could no longer find this thread. Chalked it up to fat fingers

Drake straight stole those bars from Freddie... haven't seen people talking about this one.

"Incense, burning, smoking out to my own shit
Got black wood in my white Range, I'm taking off when that light change"

"Incense burning, smoking out to my own shit
Got black wood in my white Range
I'm taking off when that light change"

Edit to add: So this Drake track is a leak from 2011 that just officially got released? That throws a wrench in my theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: oak
Back