Hip Hop

On the other hand, I was listening to the new Benny the Butcher EP today, and Rj Payne had one of the best features I’ve heard in a while.
Some of the lyrics had me laughing uncontrollably.

“Brains hanging out your wig, You a fig Newton.”

“Benny said clean (people) up, I’m George Jefferson.”

“Bars hit you like finding out your daughter a lesbian.”

Yeah I don't see the big deal. Every verse on that track is great.

Chris Rock on the other hand..
When you're in for the whole album his 'skit' is fine, but I never listen to Blame Game by itself because of it.

If kid rock wasnt in that blame game it would take away from that song. I loved it.

And i normally find him annoying (chris rock)

What are some dope songs ruined by guest verses?
I'll start with this one

View attachment 12487

What was OME thinking!?!? This shit would've easily been my favorite Milo track if his shit was just replaced or cut

Madeintyo absolutely kills the vibe on Hot Shower, it pretty much ruins it. DaBaby tries to make up for it afterward, but its almost impossible to get to him because that verse is just insufferable.

Also a classic for me is Rick Ross on Devil in a New Dress. He sounds cool enough that it doesnt kill the song but the actual verse is just trash. I try to guve him a pass since kanye made him write it in a matter of hours but that doesnt make it better.

That is genuinely my favorite verse on the album, and one of my all time fav guest verses. The energy on that shit combined with the beat having come back in is insaaaaane. I've never had any problem with the lyrics either.

Ok I guess I probably shouldn't call it trash but for me its just a servicable verse. I think my issue is that it doesn't match the amount of depth as ye's verses did, nor does it have anything to do with the theme of the song. It undoubtedly sounds fantastic, his voice and cadence really sound perfect at that point in the song. And there are even some nice lines in there, but they are just typical Ross lines to me. I mean Its 10x better than that Madeintyo garbage I mentioned, its just a flat spot for me on one of the most epic albums ever.

So it's been a minute. How are people feeling about Flygod... now? And any word on when the wax drops?
I definitely like it a lot and like it the more I listen to it. definitely am looking forward to a vinyl drop and fully expect it to happen but haven't heard any word on when it will happen. I am also wondering if he will release multiple covers again, since a lot of the Flygod is an Awesome God merch has that stained glass design which I could see him releasing as a separate cover like he did with Blientele.

I definitely like it a lot and like it the more I listen to it. definitely am looking forward to a vinyl drop and fully expect it to happen but haven't heard any word on when it will happen. I am also wondering if he will release multiple covers again, since a lot of the Flygod is an Awesome God merch has that stained glass design which I could see him releasing as a separate cover like he did with Blientele.

Also.. where the eff is WWCD?

Back