Hip Hop

I haven't given Coloring Book any repeat listens since a few weeks after it released, I knew he had moved on from the person he was when he made 10 Day and Acid Rap and I'm happy for him but the music just didn't interest me. So The Big Day is mostly an extension of that, and I don't have much interest in a wedding concept album so can't see myself going back to it much either.

I liked the other projects. It wasnt like godlike material but it was real good. When the 3 records arrive ill play them FAR FAR more then I ever did before.

How can you hate chance? Without his presence we wouldnt of got Ultra Light Beam

Chance is definitely the kind of dude who will hop on twitter and enthusiastically guarantee us that he'll do better on his next project after seeing the reactions to this one.
I feel like the initial backlash is either going to be validated once Pitchfork gives it a 5.6 or invalidated once Pitchfork gives it an 8.1. That's how much power they somehow have. As far as how much p4k buys into fan influence, I'm not too sure.

I feel like the initial backlash is either going to be validated once Pitchfork gives it a 5.6 or invalidated once Pitchfork gives it an 8.1. That's how much power they somehow have. As far as how much p4k buys into fan influence, I'm not too sure.

Fuck pitchfork.
But I dont even see them giving this album anything more then a 5.

Do Pitchfork still have that much influence? I don't pay any attention to web or YouTube music reviewers so don't know what they're pushing and dissing

I actually thought groupthink had more influence on music these days, people see others comments
on social media and let it influence what they think, but maybe those comments are already being influenced by reviewers and I didn't realise it

Fuck pitchfork.
But I dont even see them giving this album anything more then a 5.
They could always go for the Pitchfork PIS (play it safe) mode and give it a 6.8-7.1 so as to not really anger either side.
Do Pitchfork still have that much influence? I don't pay any attention to web or YouTube music reviewers so don't know what they're pushing and dissing
Based on popular culture it really feels like they do, whether people want to admit it or not. I've seen limited albums sit on shelves (online) until they came out and gave it a glowing review, and then they're immediately sold out. Then people online comment "I'm done with you Pitchfork" when they release a scathing review about their favorite band, but they're never actually done with them.

asdaYVC.png

Brutal AF lol

You know, maybe I was wrong to think that reddit is a terrible place.

They could always go for the Pitchfork PIS (play it safe) mode and give it a 6.8-7.1 so as to not really anger either side.

Based on popular culture it really feels like they do, whether people want to admit it or not. I've seen limited albums sit on shelves (online) until they came out and gave it a glowing review, and then they're immediately sold out. Then people online comment "I'm done with you Pitchfork" when they release a scathing review about their favorite band, but they're never actually done with them.

This is why alot of places dont do number reviews anymore.
TBH my time is precious I scan for a number and move on lol so no numbers no website click from me haha

Didn’t see this one posted earlier today. Released on all streaming platforms today is Rome Streetz, Noise Kandy Vol. 3. Vinyl coming soon from Fxck Rxp...

This was posted up to YouTube like a week ago or something and I dug it. Thanks for letting me know its on Spotify now.

What did u think of it legend? Better then the chance drop?
Lol, legend 😅. I feel like it’s a different kind of project then Chances. If you want bars/spooky/minimalistic beats id say yes it is better BUT it’s not a concept album or experimental (if that’s what the new Chance could be described as) imo. Think it just depends on what ticks those boxes, know what I mean?

Lol, legend 😅. I feel like it’s a different kind of project then Chances. If you want bars/spooky/minimalistic beats id say yes it is better BUT it’s not a concept album or experimental (if that’s what the new Chance could be described as) imo. Think it just depends on what ticks those boxes, know what I mean?

I have seen alot of people say this new chance album is some big getting married concept album which explains why its on such a high mood the entire time lol but yeah I understand.

Brockhampton dropping ginger in august confirmed :D

When is the backlash against “The Big Day” is trash backlash gonna start? I think I could jump on the “Well, actually it’s not that bad” bandwagon. I mean there is a lot of stuff going on in this record and not all of it works but there are certainly things that grab my attention too. It might not be a stone classic but there are some nice moments and it certainly isn’t an embarrassment that some corners of the interweb are painting it as. I mean just because it’s not “Acid Rap” doesn’t mean it bad. In a way it reminds me of TLOP in that that album took me a while to warm up to but it was intriguing enough that it kept pulling me back in and ended up one on my favorites of that year. I am not saying it will end up being as well regarded as TLOP but it wouldn’t surprise me if it ended up with a nice healthy number next to my play count once the year ends. Time will tell.

Back