Hip Hop

I for one found the back and forth mostly enjoyable, other than the ad-hominems, y'all remember it's not that serious and we are all here for a shared love of hip hop. This was a better place than YouTube comments to hear takes on the feud, so I was glad to be able to hear y'all's takes.

Putting aside for the moment whether any of the allegations are true (the least interesting part of this imo)... My scorecard has Drake winning on bangers, and I might even ultimately listen to Pushups and Family Matters more than any of Kendrick's tracks. BUT Kendrick absolutely decimated Drake in his display of technical skills, his rhymes were incredibly scathing and packed with puns and hidden meanings. It was like listening to DOOMSDAY or certain Eminem tracks for the first time or trying to unpack all the wordplay tricks, jokes, and references in the writing. Euphoria is everything I love about hip hop songwriting but I do wish the beat and delivery were more enjoyable. It does the job it was intended for, lighting up Drake, but it doesn't do double-service as something I can "bump in the whip"

Pretty big release day tomorrow. New Ghost dropping. Vinyl up at GOD already

Also, new Future mixtape and Chief Keef Almighty So part 2 if you rock with them. I think Gunna has a new one too.

Just a recap... CERTIFIED LOVA BOY CERTIFIED PDF-FILE 🤣

First person shooter (Drake and Cole)
Like that (Kendrick)
7 minute drill (Cole)
Pushups (Drake)
Taylor Made freestyle (Drake)
Champagne Moments (Ross)
Euphoria (Kendrick)
6:16 in LA (Kendrick)
Family matters (Drake)
Meet the grahams (Kendrick)
Not Like Us (Kendrick)