Hip Hop

My rap and hip hop crew —

My Music League round this week is rap and hip hop. Preferably rap and hip hop from lesser known artists that the average person hasn’t heard via radio, “best of new music podcasts/playlists”, etc.

What’s the one or two songs you’d pick to try and win the league? Think newer “old school” sounding hip hop rather than the new mumble shit that I cannot stand.

Thanks in advance!

This finally arrived . Did i mention that i discovered the Chelsea Carmichael record by checking out the label. I havent found that in a store over here yet. Probably picking it up next Bandcamp friday otherwise. I really like that album.

It’s such a dope project, wish it had a Moor Mother feature. Thanks for the recommendation for The River Doesn’t Like Strangers it’s got a great dark atmosphere, I like it a lot and I’ve been thinking about the vinyl as well but my collection is getting a bit out of hand.

That Chelsea Carmichael record is my favourite thing Shabaka has put out with Native Rebel. Kofi Flexxx comes next. Wish all of it were a bit easier to get outside the UK, but I have then all so far anyway, except the latest (ganavya) which is slated to be out on wax next month.

Soul Assassins

Muggs x Mooch is live

Hopefully copies last until i can hear the full thing.

They're good with cancellations if you don't want to chance it. Order and cancel that shit if you end up not liking it. It probably won't be shipping for a few weeks at least.

@BazookaTooth actually the black doesn't look to be limited so you're probably good either way.

You had a chance to check it yet @BazookaTooth? I had/have no clue who Mooch is, but checked it out earlier today because I try and check out most things Muggs has done (though his 2002-2020 output is still a blindspot I haven't backtracked). Anyway, I really dug it. Good stuff!

You had a chance to check it yet @BazookaTooth? I had/have no clue who Mooch is, but checked it out earlier today because I try and check out most things Muggs has done (though his 2002-2020 output is still a blindspot I haven't backtracked). Anyway, I really dug it. Good stuff!
Muggs really blessed him on this one. The production is crazy and Mooch didn't waste any of it imo.

I still have to ! Great to hear that you enjoy this one.

Back