Hip Hop

another random restock at drw ... "ooops , we found 20+ copies of something thats been long sold out and was limited to 500 "

Still not as bad as Near Mint who overprint everything and then numbers accordingly, only to have more copies pop up indefinitely. At least DRW is shutting down operations, so it would make sense that they'd be clearing things out. Especially if they have extra copies designated for potential replacements.

Still not as bad as Near Mint who overprint everything and then numbers accordingly, only to have more copies pop up indefinitely. At least DRW is shutting down operations, so it would make sense that they'd be clearing things out. Especially if they have extra copies designated for potential replacements.
Nowhere near as bad, wouldnt even call em bad at all. Its just funny sometimes. The amount of restocks he did on the Mavi stuff is odd too.
Ive never had to replace any record i bought from derapwinkel either.
I hope he keeps his store open, i still havent managed to go yet.

Nowhere near as bad, wouldnt even call em bad at all. Its just funny sometimes. The amount of restocks he did on the Mavi stuff is odd too.
Ive never had to replace any record i bought from derapwinkel either.
I hope he keeps his store open, i still havent managed to go yet.
NM are shite but tuff kong/rrc flipping their own records on Discogs under soulcraft is scummy. Love DRW’s attention to detail, great packaging and never had a warp or dink. Did get a pressing error/skip on the Devils Reject picture disc but he happily replaced it with another with the same defect so at least I got a copy for cheap.
With you on the leaky Let The Sun Talk tap. 💧💧💧

Edit: While I’m on a moan about labels can I add a special mention for HHV who have yet again let me down with backwoodz preorders. Given up with them now, cancelled my outstanding orders, waiting for refunds and when they’ve come through I’ll be deleting my account and never looking back. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Last edited:
I asked hhv to seperate my Backwoodz records from the other stuff i bought. Hopefully they can do that.
🤞for you. I have given up completely, the last straw is Shrines getting delayed until the 19th of April. I checked and it’s now sold out on backwoodz but was in stock there when I emailed them a week or so ago and got the ‘our dates don’t coincide with release dates’ nonsense. If I was calmer then I would have asked the same as you and still might have got Metal Lung for cheap and How To Capture Playful from them but hey.
Rush Hour have both Shrines and The Aux in stock for similar money and will hopefully be arriving on Thursday so I really don’t understand how hhv aren’t getting their copies.

Single and a few snippets here. I copped off the album cover alone lol. Already had a real good feeling about it. Snippets and single helped ease that immediate buyers remorse a bit 😆

My rap and hip hop crew —

My Music League round this week is rap and hip hop. Preferably rap and hip hop from lesser known artists that the average person hasn’t heard via radio, “best of new music podcasts/playlists”, etc.

What’s the one or two songs you’d pick to try and win the league? Think newer “old school” sounding hip hop rather than the new mumble shit that I cannot stand.

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if you guys are aware of this. This shits amazing and theres a few on Discogs in the US and Europe. Confucius MC is a protege of the legend that is Jehst.

This finally arrived . Did i mention that i discovered the Chelsea Carmichael record by checking out the label. I havent found that in a store over here yet. Probably picking it up next Bandcamp friday otherwise. I really like that album.

This finally arrived . Did i mention that i discovered the Chelsea Carmichael record by checking out the label. I havent found that in a store over here yet. Probably picking it up next Bandcamp friday otherwise. I really like that album.
It’s such a dope project, wish it had a Moor Mother feature. Thanks for the recommendation for The River Doesn’t Like Strangers it’s got a great dark atmosphere, I like it a lot and I’ve been thinking about the vinyl as well but my collection is getting a bit out of hand.

My Music League round this week is rap and hip hop. Preferably rap and hip hop from lesser known artists that the average person hasn’t heard via radio, “best of new music podcasts/playlists”, etc.

What’s the one or two songs you’d pick to try and win the league? Think newer “old school” sounding hip hop rather than the new mumble shit that I cannot stand.

Thanks in advance!
This has to be my favourite track of the last year but I am high on their product right now so might be a bit biased.

Thanks in advance!

Back