Hip Hop

Aren't hunches defined as wild speculation?

I'm not sorry I bought it because what's the point, the $ is spent, but IF they just altered the skits and the mix isn't at all different how exactly is that a "director's cut"? and worth more than double the MSRP of the standard release?

The artwork is dope and maybe that makes it different enough / worth it - I dunno - but the Rappcats description could've been more explicit about what "director's cut" meant.

They are definitely similar. Wild speculation just sounds more ridiculous.

My point is I don't have any reason to believe one way or the other about how different this version is because the people bitching about it seem to have been expecting new beats. I agree that they could definitely have provided a better description of what you were getting. But let's be honest, most of us would have bought it even if they did do that.

Uhh.. hasn't North Star literally been on every single pressing other than the original press?

Also, you can play it off however you want but that Director's Cut Bandana is some bullshit bait and switch. I'm actually cancelling my order because of how bullshit this is and I'm cc'ing Egon to let him know what a big fuck you to their fans this release is.

Also, you can play it off however you want but that Director's Cut Bandana is some bullshit bait and switch. I'm actually cancelling my order because of how bullshit this is and I'm cc'ing Egon to let him know what a big fuck you to their fans this release is.

At this point, I just wish they'd send me my album or at least tell me where the hell it is. I mean, I'm less than 30 mins away from the store, I'll just go pick it up if they'd ever reply to my damn email.

View attachment 9494

At this point, I just wish they'd send me my album or at least tell me where the hell it is. I mean, I'm less than 30 mins away from the store, I'll just go pick it up if they'd ever reply to my damn email.

Mine just showed up today in the heartland, no idea what’s up with yours.

This just seems like wild speculation. I don't know what led anyone to believe that the Director's Cut was going to have different beats on it, nothing like that was ever mentioned in the description as far as I know. My assumption was that it was just going to be a more raw mix than the digital version so I'm not gonna take anyone's opinion seriously who thinks it sucks because there aren't different beats.
though it was never described as such it's not all that crazy to think that there could have been remixed beats on the Rappcats version. Madlib has done a bunch of remixes in the past, I don't think that it was too far fetched to think that a version, priced double the single LP, would have some significant changes other than the cover. it's not even a more raw mix of the retail.

I never bitched about what I got, as a matter of fact I stated that I prefer the Rappcats version over the retail version, but to say that it's even 10% different is pretty generous unless we're counting the cover art in that 10%.

Last edited:
View attachment 9494

Thank God I paid with PayPal who gives about 0 shits about Rappcats terrible return policy.

Back