Hip Hop

That's a tough one. I've been thinking about this for the last 10 minutes and I honestly dont know which way I'd go. They both are my favorites

I vote Fredie because I prefer Push with his brother more than anything he's done solo, and I've found his recent output more repetitive than Gibbs... that being said he's still great and Coke rap is a pretty repetitive topic. Pinata is better than any Clipse or Push output.

I vote Fredie because I prefer Push with his brother more than anything he's done solo, and I've found his recent output more repetitive than Gibbs... that being said he's still great and Coke rap is a pretty repetitive topic. Pinata is better than any Clipse or Push output.
I don't think its controversial to say Gibbs has a more impressive discography at this point. From midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik to Cold Day in Hell to BFK and Shadow of a Doubt. And now two "modern classics" in Pinata and Bandana. That's not even mentioning the sprinklings of little offseason throwaways like Freddie, Only Live Twice, Pronto - EP and all his mixtapes. Don't get me wrong. I LOOOOOOVE Push but Gibbs has him beat. More versatile and more consistent. Nos(e)talgia is the only thing keeping Terrence in the conversation.

I don't think its controversial to say Gibbs has a more impressive discography at this point. From midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik to Cold Day in Hell to BFK and Shadow of a Doubt. And now two "modern classics" in Pinata and Bandana. That's not even mentioning the sprinklings of little offseason throwaways like Freddie, Only Live Twice, Pronto - EP and all his mixtapes. Don't get me wrong. I LOOOOOOVE Push but Gibbs has him beat. More versatile and more consistent. Nos(e)talgia is the only thing keeping Terrence in the conversation.

I don't know about all of that. Push was / is probably the better story teller, but I know I'd rather listen to Pinanta and Shadow of a Doubt on most days

Yes.

As part of a group, Pusha released several classic albums. Nearing the end of their tenure together, they released a grip of mixtapes that set the mixtape world on fire. Then Pusha went on a solo career and has released nothing but fire since.

Gibbs has released maybe one classic record? A bunch of decent mixtapes.. but they're nowhere near on the same level in terms of discographies. Like.. it's not even close.

Yes.

As part of a group, Pusha released several classic albums. Nearing the end of their tenure together, they released a grip of mixtapes that set the mixtape world on fire. Then Pusha went on a solo career and has released nothing but fire since.

Gibbs has released maybe one classic record? A bunch of decent mixtapes.. but they're nowhere near on the same level in terms of discographies. Like.. it's not even close.

Hard disagree. I mean like what you like but calling it absurd is absolute hyperbole

My name is my name is the only solo Pusha work that is fire
Daytona is extremely overrated

and I love the Clipse but I wouldn't call any of their albums "classic" - maybe Lord Wilin' and personally I prefer the last two albums

Last edited:
BRUH. MY GOD this would be incredible. Who we gettin on the boards?

Something, someone new. One of the things that makes the early Clipse special is that electro Neptunes production. I love the soul thing that’s been going on forever but I want to hear people rhyme over something more abstract and disjointed sometimes.

BRUH. MY GOD this would be incredible. Who we gettin on the boards?
Mainly some Madlib & Muggs and a few tracks with Organized Noize production features just no kanye in my opinion his production has been boring to me for a good a while now Fu*k it also a DJ Paul produced track.

Back