Hip Hop

View attachment 7599

Can't remember who was discussing this with me, but we got over half right!!!

Tierra
Rico
Megan
Gunna
Blueface
Cordae
DaBaby
I actually think this is a pretty solid although I will say Comethazine is the lowest common denominator of modern hip hop.

I love Megan, Tierra Whack and Rico.

Blueface has some fun songs but I don’t see much longevity. Would have been shocked if he didn’t make it based off hype though.

DaBaby obviously another easy choice - I think he’s hilarious and makes great shit talk rap that has a very distinct sound.

Gunna is like a senior at this point but he deserves it lol. For those that are skeptical:

Lil Mosey is the only me I’ve never listened to. And YK Osiris I guess just scratches the itch for another crossover singing rapper on the cover.

YBN Cordae doesn’t surprise me at all but he’s approaching Logic and Eminem levels of corniness. He’s really not the incredible lyricist everyone says. He gets overrated by people who say shit like “Like this comment if Lil Uzi Pump is the worst rapper ever. Fuck mumble rap, YBN Cordae and Kendrick are true lyric mans!!!”

Yasiin Bey & Talib Kweli Already Recorded Eight Tracks For Madlib-Produced Black Star Reunion Album

The upcoming album follows their 1998 release, ‘Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star.’
Black Star just dropped a massive breadcrumb in the run-up to their highly anticipated sophomore album. The superduo consisting of Yasiin Bey (fka Mos Def) and Talib Kweli have already recorded eight tracks with producer Madlib.
The detail was revealed at the tail end of Entertainment Weekly’s recent feature on the Oxnard DJ and Freddie Gibbs.
Bey and Kweli have been teasing a followup to their 1998 release Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star since last year. Following a February 2018 performance as Black Star, Bey announced an album was in the works with Madlib.
“New Black Star with Madlib, Talib Kweli, Yasiin, coming soon!” the Brooklyn rapper said at the time. “All Madlib, all day. 2018, Madlib, Black Star. Madlib Black Star.”
Later that month, he crashed Madlib’s DJ set at the Noise Pop Festival in San Francisco, where he debuted a verse from the upcoming album.
Back in 2011, Black Star announced an Aretha Franklin tribute mixtape. Although that project was never released, the duo performed the Madlib-produced “Fix Up” on The Colbert Report.
Earlier this year, Bey unveiled new music in the form of a traveling sound installation called Negus, which won’t be released digitally or physically. Kweli released his last full-length, Radio Silence, in 2017.

I actually think this is a pretty solid although I will say Comethazine is the lowest common denominator of modern hip hop.

I love Megan, Tierra Whack and Rico.

Blueface has some fun songs but I don’t see much longevity. Would have been shocked if he didn’t make it based off hype though.

DaBaby obviously another easy choice - I think he’s hilarious and makes great shit talk rap that has a very distinct sound.

Gunna is like a senior at this point but he deserves it lol. For those that are skeptical:

Lil Mosey is the only me I’ve never listened to. And YK Osiris I guess just scratches the itch for another crossover singing rapper on the cover.

YBN Cordae doesn’t surprise me at all but he’s approaching Logic and Eminem levels of corniness. He’s really not the incredible lyricist everyone says. He gets overrated by people who say shit like “Like this comment if Lil Uzi Pump is the worst rapper ever. Fuck mumble rap, YBN Cordae and Kendrick are true lyric mans!!!”

I mostly agree with you on all of this. I'm not as much of a fan of Megan as others but I do think she deserves to be on here. And its nice to see them feature 3 ladies. I personally love DaBaby, dude is entertaining as hell and his music gets me hyped. I've thought the same thing as you about Cordae for a while too, I think he gets acclaim for being better than most soundcloud rappers with letters in front of their names, but he kinda just sounds like J.Cole Jr to me.

:unsure: I disagree with almost everything on this 🤷‍♂️

That Bmike is actually pretty good.. Australia has a Hopsin clone.
Think I wrote him off as shit years ago but im digging this new stuff.

Dunno why he using so much american visuals in these videos tho lol and selling a California branded jacket.
Seems so fake to me.. Your in fkin melbourne show it. Respect the US scene dont pretend your in it xD

Does anyone remember the amazing mixtape run XV had at the beginning of this decade? He finally dropped an album today:

I have very low expectations but Zero Heroes and Popular Culture will always have a special place in my heart

Does anyone remember the amazing mixtape run XV had at the beginning of this decade? He finally dropped an album today:

I have very low expectations but Zero Heroes and Popular Culture will always have a special place in my heart

Yes!!! So happy to see him back! Vizzy Zone was a fire mixtape!

Back