Guitar Players Thread

Gear pics incoming! (Sorry, had to use Imgur and couldn't figure out how to shrink them. The screenshot trick didn't even work!)

5LhKOX9.jpg

E9xu7LD.jpg

74x12JQ.jpg

Anybody have any experience with micro amps? I saw a Marshall and an Orange the other week and it got me pining for my electric guitar, figure I might be able to play in my apartment, even with headphones.

Anybody have any experience with micro amps? I saw a Marshall and an Orange the other week and it got me pining for my electric guitar, figure I might be able to play in my apartment, even with headphones.
Never had a micro Amp but I had a Vox VT15 when I lived in my apartment and it was super playable at bedroom levels and had a headphone jack as well. I'm not sure if the new VT series has the headphone jack or not though.

My board currently goes Mooer Yellow Comp, Caline Pure Sky (Timmy clone), OCD, Caline Crazy Cacti (Fulldrive clone), Rat, Ernie Ball VPJ, TC Flashback, Nemesis Delay, TC HOF2.

Play a lot of indie and Brit pop at home and go for a lot of reverb and delay at church.

I love my Crazy Cacti! Haven't been using it as much since I got my Op-Amp Big Muff Pi though.

I have the Orange Micro Terror, absolutely love it. It does want to go above bedroom levels though. I know some guys who gig with a Micro Terror head driving a 4x12 and get all the volume they need out of it. It also doesn't do clean sounds very well, so when I'm recording stuff and want clean I just go DI in to my interface and use a software-based amp sim.

I love my Crazy Cacti! Haven't been using it as much since I got my Op-Amp Big Muff Pi though.

I have the Orange Micro Terror, absolutely love it. It does want to go above bedroom levels though. I know some guys who gig with a Micro Terror head driving a 4x12 and get all the volume they need out of it. It also doesn't do clean sounds very well, so when I'm recording stuff and want clean I just go DI in to my interface and use a software-based amp sim.
Oo, that thing is sexy!

What settings do you use your Crazy Cacti on?

I'm convinced my FM setting is wacky because it sounds just terrible.

What settings do you use your Crazy Cacti on?

I'm convinced my FM setting is wacky because it sounds just terrible.
I honestly can't remember off the top of my head. I know that I don't use FM either, I think I stick to Vintage. Almost never play through it without the boost off, and usually have the tone on the higher end to add the little bit of sparkle that my other dirt pedals don't provide.

I honestly can't remember off the top of my head. I know that I don't use FM either, I think I stick to Vintage. Almost never play through it without the boost off, and usually have the tone on the higher end to add the little bit of sparkle that my other dirt pedals don't provide.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I do. I actually use that and my OCD the same way just for different flavors of overdrive.

Does anyone have a ZVEX Fuzz Factory here? I just got a hand painted one off eBay that’s from 2000. I’ve been wanting one for YEARS and finally took the plunge.

Anyway, I’ve never tried one before. Does anyone have some sound advice using this thing? Seems like it’s pretty sensitive and can be quite a beast.

Also, is there any different between the older ones and the newer ones?

Does anyone have a ZVEX Fuzz Factory here? I just got a hand painted one off eBay that’s from 2000. I’ve been wanting one for YEARS and finally took the plunge.

Anyway, I’ve never tried one before. Does anyone have some sound advice using this thing? Seems like it’s pretty sensitive and can be quite a beast.

I never actually got much into fuzz pedals so I'm not going to be much help. Should be pretty fun to mess around with though.

I had one for a while but ended up selling it for one that I was able to find more useful. They're suuuuuper configurable, but it can be hard to find the sound you're looking for. No clue about old vs. new. There are a couple of guides online that have "presets" for specific sounds.

What kind of stuff are you looking to play with the fuzz? I believe a Fuzz Factory is what Matthew Bellamy from Muse has built into his guitar so that should give you an idea of what flavor of fuzz to expect.

Guitarist here as well. Also know bass and drums.

Anyone play in a different tuning?

I have my acoustic in D and my electric in E

Guitarist here as well. Also know bass and drums.

Anyone play in a different tuning?

I have my acoustic in D and my electric in E
Sometimes I get adventurous and go Drop D! But mainly standard or Eb (if I'm playing some live U2 stuff)

I once was a guitarist, now I'm a middle-aged man who owns a few guitars and occasionally plays one, with considerably less precision and agility than I did as a youngster. I still love them though, love looking at all your pics. This American standard Strat is probably still the most exciting thing I ever bought. I sold a very cool mountain bike and did a lot of work to get this when I was 15. I added the Seymour Duncan humbucker and the tortoiseshell scratchplate and black hardware. It's the guitar that most felt like an extension of me - like it was my sound. The Maton Mastersound is another beauty, Australian made with lovely tone. PSX_20190605_122330.jpg

So, YouTube recommended this guy, Dovydas, a while back based on me watching guitarists. He is a gigging musician based out of FL and he documents his career. His channel is actually pretty awesome. He is very talented and often just plays by himself (guitar/synth/looper/drum pad/etc) or with some combo of bassist, saxophonist, drummer, etc. He takes requests and whether or not he knows the song just wings it. Much respect and figured I'd share it since I've been enjoying the channel.

Back