Guitar Players Thread

A Tele it is

Also a kitten nursing on my chihuahua and getting nothing. Not an instrument but next to the guitar in my photo gallery. Con provecho!
Very nice! I've never really been a Fender fan but if I were ever to get one, it'd be that exact colour Tele.

Certainly didn't know I needed that second pic, but I'm now better for it.

Very nice! I've never really been a Fender fan but if I were ever to get one, it'd be that exact colour Tele.

Certainly didn't know I needed that second pic, but I'm now better for it.
As a teen, in the Gibson vs Fender argument (obv not the only choices but the classic rivalry) I def landed in the humbucker/Gibson camp. Loved my SG. But now I love the single coil. And I like the no frills simplicity of the Tele. Thought of putting on a leopard print pick guard ala Prince but that butterscotch blonde/black combo is so classic.

So players...do you electrum to use a plectrum, finger style or a hybrid? If fingerstyle...explain - travis, you getting down w some banjo rolls, tapping/touch style?

A Tele it is

Also a kitten nursing on my chihuahua and getting nothing. Not an instrument but next to the guitar in my photo gallery. Con provecho!
love that Tele!! I have a very similar looking one but with a humbucker at the neck. I will try to post a pic later.

that said what little I do play these days is now primarily bass, which I find suits my playing style a bit better and I think ultimately I enjoy more than guitar.

edit: here's my girl

Last edited:
I really haven’t played a ton the past year because I get so fuckin’ bored playing by myself. I definitely love feeding off of other player’s energy. But I still pick it up most days. Before last year I’d tell people I was a musician. Now, I don’t know.

Here’s my American Highway One Telecaster
3kBWvpC.jpg

I also have two acoustic guitars.
My G Series Takamine has some annoying action that I really haven’t founda happy medium with. I’ve sanded too.
kaLRv80.jpg

Reppin’ Ween and the Dead
Wz3KULd.jpg

Just bought this Ovation last December from a coworker. Man does it play beautifully
7Ss0Rf0.jpg

Also own a bass, a Yamaha keyboard and some harmonicas.

What do you use your OCD for? Looks like the gain is set pretty low. I use mine for a medium to heavy OD. Some days I love it and some days I hate it.
I love it. I mainly use it for colouration on power chords or if I need to cut through a bit more on leadwork. I tend to play with quite dark settings so it just gives that cut/boost when I need it...also when it's stacked with the BD it gives a really nice gritty bark that really makes the 335 sing...possibly the best pedal I've bought (so far - there's always room for more!)

I love it. I mainly use it for colouration on power chords or if I need to cut through a bit more on leadwork. I tend to play with quite dark settings so it just gives that cut/boost when I need it...also when it's stacked with the BD it gives a really nice gritty bark that really makes the 335 sing...possibly the best pedal I've bought (so far - there's always room for more!)
Of all the overdrives in my board I don't have anything in the flavor of a BD. I usually stack it with my Pure Sky which is a transparent OD that I keep to a light OD sound.

What style of music are you mostly playing?

Of all the overdrives in my board I don't have anything in the flavor of a BD. I usually stack it with my Pure Sky which is a transparent OD that I keep to a light OD sound.

What style of music are you mostly playing?
Yeah, i'm not a huge fan of heavy distortion either...hmm we've been described as many things!! Post-punk, new-wave, punk, indie/rock...we've been compared to bands like Savages/Sleater-Kinney/Elastica and (early) U2 if that helps :unsure: I don't like staying in one particular style for too long!

I don't know. Just one of those things that stuck with me.

I only play at home and once a month with a worship band at church. I have 2 Squier Teles and an Epiphone Es-335 right now. And a Vox Ac10 for an amp. Works Petty well for what I need it for.

Squier Teles are my favorite $300 guitar. I nearly left the store with one the last time I was there. I don't need another or another bass though.

I really haven’t played a ton the past year because I get so fuckin’ bored playing by myself. I definitely love feeding off of other player’s energy. But I still pick it up most days. Before last year I’d tell people I was a musician. Now, I don’t know.

Here’s my American Highway One Telecaster
3kBWvpC.jpg

I also have two acoustic guitars.
My G Series Takamine has some annoying action that I really haven’t founda happy medium with. I’ve sanded too.
kaLRv80.jpg

Reppin’ Ween and the Dead
Wz3KULd.jpg

Just bought this Ovation last December from a coworker. Man does it play beautifully
7Ss0Rf0.jpg

Also own a bass, a Yamaha keyboard and some harmonicas.
Nice guitars! Love the Ovation especially, but I'm biased ;) Great colour on that thing.

Back