Guitar Players Thread

Ha yes it did!!! How on earth did you remember that lol?! Trying out a Guild Starfire V at the moment...very nice!
I don't know. Just one of those things that stuck with me.

I only play at home and once a month with a worship band at church. I have 2 Squier Teles and an Epiphone Es-335 right now. And a Vox Ac10 for an amp. Works Petty well for what I need it for.

I don't know. Just one of those things that stuck with me.

I only play at home and once a month with a worship band at church. I have 2 Squier Teles and an Epiphone Es-335 right now. And a Vox Ac10 for an amp. Works Petty well for what I need it for.
Tele/Vox is a nice combination...how's the headroom on the AC10? Looking at getting something small that I can really push but still get a boost for lead work...

Tele/Vox is a nice combination...how's the headroom on the AC10? Looking at getting something small that I can really push but still get a boost for lead work...
I never play fully clean. The loudest I ever pushed it was we played in a barn a couple weeks ago I had the gain and 11 o'clock and and volume at noon and it was definitely in breakup territory. Good for rythym. Used a Fulldrive cline to push it a little more then got some real nice lead tones from a Rat.

I've been playing since I was 14. Around the time I started getting into music, I started working part-time and spent my first few hundred on a used Epiphone Les Paul at the local shop. Played in a couple bands in high school and early uni, but never really played any gigs, just jammed with friends and wrote some songs that we never did anything with. I live in the city now, in a small place, so my electric and my amp and stuff are all at my parents' place. I'd love to get back into playing with people, though.

For most of the last ten years, I guess, I've just been playing acoustic. This is my main guitar, an Ovation Celebrity that I love with all my heart. Eventually I'll splurge on a nice Taylor, but this thing plays really nice. I used to write a lot of songs in my early 20s, but due to the living situation (me and my partner in a small place, thin floors/walls between neighbours), I haven't done so recently. Still try to play a few times a week, though, even if it's just playing a few songs from my old repertoire.

IMG_20190516_112931.jpg

I've been playing since I was 14. Around the time I started getting into music, I started working part-time and spent my first few hundred on a used Epiphone Les Paul at the local shop. Played in a couple bands in high school and early uni, but never really played any gigs, just jammed with friends and wrote some songs that we never did anything with. I live in the city now, in a small place, so my electric and my amp and stuff are all at my parents' place. I'd love to get back into playing with people, though.

For most of the last ten years, I guess, I've just been playing acoustic. This is my main guitar, an Ovation Celebrity that I love with all my heart. Eventually I'll splurge on a nice Taylor, but this thing plays really nice. I used to write a lot of songs in my early 20s, but due to the living situation (me and my partner in a small place, thin floors/walls between neighbours), I haven't done so recently. Still try to play a few times a week, though, even if it's just playing a few songs from my old repertoire.

View attachment 260
I love Ovations and that one's a beauty. The round backs clash with my round belly, though =(

Guitarist here. First guitar at 13 (Bar Mitzvah gift from my parents - not Jewish, just like gifts and guilt) was a Squier Tele. Had a bunch of guitars in between (a ‘71 Gibson SG Custom was my thing through teens/early 20s). Stopped playing most of my mid-20s to early 30-s due to other prevailing interests (motorcycles, world travel) and didn’t have a guitar again till about 4 years ago.
Began again w an Amer Strat HSS & Peavey Classic 30. Traded to an Amer Elite Tele about a year ago. Love Strat quack tones but wanted the noiseless pups and didn’t use the trem (although I am in awe of what Jeff Beck coaxes out of it).

Have eyes on a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. Mostly play clean or w boost but some dirt. EHX Soul Food w JHS mod, EHX Bigg Muff Op-Amp, TS-808, EHX Canyon delay.

Really want a baritone guitar but not sure which one. Also have eyes on a Gibson ES-335.

Not a big math rock fan per se but I want to master the tapping. Took music theory as a high schooler so classical modes inform my playing.

Also owned a 12 string Warr Guitar for a while during a heavy King Crimson phase. A beautiful beast.

Would take a pic of my wall of guitars at home but I'm at work, soooooo
Guitarist here. First guitar at 13 (Bar Mitzvah gift from my parents - not Jewish, just like gifts and guilt) was a Squier Tele. Had a bunch of guitars in between (a ‘71 Gibson SG Custom was my thing through teens/early 20s). Stopped playing most of my mid-20s to early 30-s due to other prevailing interests (motorcycles, world travel) and didn’t have a guitar again till about 4 years ago.
Began again w an Amer Strat HSS & Peavey Classic 30. Traded to an Amer Elite Tele about a year ago. Love Strat quack tones but wanted the noiseless pups and didn’t use the trem (although I am in awe of what Jeff Beck coaxes out of it).

Have eyes on a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. Mostly play clean or w boost but some dirt. EHX Soul Food w JHS mod, EHX Bigg Muff Op-Amp, TS-808, EHX Canyon delay.

Really want a baritone guitar but not sure which one. Also have eyes on a Gibson ES-335.

Not a big math rock fan per se but I want to master the tapping. Took music theory as a high schooler so classical modes inform my playing.

Also owned a 12 string Warr Guitar for a while during a heavy King Crimson phase. A beautiful beast.

My board currently goes Mooer Yellow Comp, Caline Pure Sky (Timmy clone), OCD, Caline Crazy Cacti (Fulldrive clone), Rat, Ernie Ball VPJ, TC Flashback, Nemesis Delay, TC HOF2.

Play a lot of indie and Brit pop at home and go for a lot of reverb and delay at church.
Let's see some gear photos, friends!

Back