Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

Fuck man, maybe I am losing my mind?
6A1C2C3D-F54D-41B6-81F0-4D1A89EC7FB0.gif
So I flipped it over and it played fine which seemed odd so I flipped it back to side A and now it’s flat? I don’t know what was up, I would say maybe I didn’t push the album down flat on the spindle but the hole is loose so I don’t know what was going on, maybe I left a stack of nickels on the platter or something.

Last edited:
Fuck man, maybe I am losing my mind?
View attachment 140000
So I flipped it over and it played fine which seemed odd so I flipped it back to side A and now it’s flat? I don’t know what was up, I would say maybe I didn’t push the album down flat on the spindle but the hole is loose so I don’t know what was going on, maybe I left a stack of nickels on the platter or something.
Holy hell. The second it discovered it wasn't coming to me it un warped itself.

FRIENDS, THIS IS THE PROOF I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR.
THIS IS MY BIGFOOT. THIS IS MY FLYING SAUCER. DEFINITIVE PROOF I AM IN FACT CURSED.

I cannot imagine what I or any ancestor of mine could have possibly done to incur such a heinous curse...

NOPE NOT A SINGLE THING DO NOT GOOGLE COTTON MATHER

With a warp that gradual I’d do low heat for a couple hours and then just repeat until satisfied.

Update: Success (close enough anyway :cool:)

1st run - Low heat 1 hr. Didn't make a difference
2nd run - Med heat 1.5 hrs. Slight improvement
3rd run - Med heat 1.45 hrs. Better, almost there...
Last run - Med heat 2 hrs. Not perfect but good enough. Don't want to tempt fate. No affect on playback (y) Record is 130 grams if that matters.

Thanks again for all the info. Cheers.

Vid clips are of 3rd and last runs.

Update: Success (close enough anyway :cool:)

1st run - Low heat 1 hr. Didn't make a difference
2nd run - Med heat 1.5 hrs. Slight improvement
3rd run - Med heat 1.45 hrs. Better, almost there...
Last run - Med heat 2 hrs. Not perfect but good enough. Don't want to tempt fate. No affect on playback (y) Record is 130 grams if that matters.

Thanks again for all the info. Cheers.

Vid clips are of 3rd and last runs.

Excellent! Glad to hear it.

I see a lot of medium heat stans here. Should I not be going with hot?
the heating element is not particularly consistent between units. the reason they include a thermometer with the Groovy Pouch is so you can determine which setting on your particular unit gets you to between 120-150 degrees at the fold.

Just an update to my "generosity", if you're reaching out for help and have less than 50 posts, DM me to discuss compensation. :rolleyes:
We're so high on the Google hits now that I'm actually getting locals who are finding me on here via web searches for "record flattening in Canada" and are creating accounts just to DM me. They've all been very nice but I think strangers handing me piles of warped vinyl might be my own personal hell.

Back