"Get in the kitchen and make me some pie!" - Recipes & Cooking Thread

Good luck!

They make great bread with theirs but I’m not sure I’ve got the time for that when I can get a really nice sourdough on a Saturday for £4-5 from a shop a couple of villages away.

I’ve gotten in the habit on a Friday night, when half cut, of throwing the ingredients in the bread machine and delaying the programme so it’s finished about 10 Saturday morning. This is an attempt to step that up a level, plus nicer pizza dough! I doubt id be all that arsed with doing the full cycle of dough knead rest bake myself either!

I’ve gotten in the habit on a Friday night, when half cut, of throwing the ingredients in the bread machine and delaying the programme so it’s finished about 10 Saturday morning. This is an attempt to step that up a level, plus nicer pizza dough! I doubt id be all that arsed with doing the full cycle of dough knead rest bake myself either!
Mmmmmm drunk bread.

I’m not sure how much corned beef I’ll have left after hash tomorrow, but does anyone have a good corned beef recipe that isn’t hash, a Rueben or some dish that isn’t a Rueben but uses all the components of a Rueben?

I’m not sure how much corned beef I’ll have left after hash tomorrow, but does anyone have a good corned beef recipe that isn’t hash, a Rueben or some dish that isn’t a Rueben but uses all the components of a Rueben?
I was just looking for leftover corned beef recipes and this one sounds good

It was in this list

How did I make it into my 40s without ever having tried persimmons, sugar plums (didn't know those were real fruit), or kumquats??? 😅 Tried some a while back after picking them up from the local farmers market. So yummy! 😍 Do you have favorite recipes that include any of these fruits?

View attachment 198175
I don't have a personal recipe, but kumquat jam is great! Easily replaces orange jam in this household.

Looking to incorporate less meat into my diet so I made this alternative to chicken shawarma. It didn’t say in the recipe if the tofu was supposed to be crunchy just golden. I might try cooking it in the air fryer next time. Overall pretty pleased with the flavors and would definitely make this again.

IMG_1530.jpeg

Looking to incorporate less meat into my diet so I made this alternative to chicken shawarma. It didn’t say in the recipe if the tofu was supposed to be crunchy just golden. I might try cooking it in the air fryer next time. Overall pretty pleased with the flavors and would definitely make this again.

View attachment 198892

This looks so yummy!!! 😍

Back