Fresh Grabs

Some pickups from the last month, and can maybe call this a little downsizing but for sure a tightening of the collection after selling and PIFing a buncha records.

Stopped by the Fluff and Gravy pop-up which also had a Kill Rock Stars and Jealous Butcher table, among others. Grabbed a few with one that will be up for PIF soon as it’s one of my favorites of the year.

Teke Teke - Hagata (took a flyer on this with the description and talking to the vendor about it)
Fernando - Leave the Radio On
Fernando - Traitors Table
Jeffrey Martin - Dogs in the Daylight
Jeffrey Martin - Thank God We Left The Garden
Jeffrey Martin - One Go Around
Kassi Velazza - Knows Nothing
Brian Dunne - Lose On The Ropes

IMG_0867.jpeg

Grabbed three at the local -

Bonnie Prince Billy - Beware
Cut Works - s/t
Neil Young - Tonight’s The Night

Grabbed three online -
City and Colour - Little Hell
Sloan - Alive & Alright
Romantica - America

And grabbed three from @Ethos99 and his fantastic Paladin Vinyl! That box set is huge!

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
Pearl Jam - vs.
Acetone - I’m Still Waiting box set

IMG_0868.jpegIMG_0866.jpeg

Some pickups from the last month, and can maybe call this a little downsizing but for sure a tightening of the collection after selling and PIFing a buncha records.

Stopped by the Fluff and Gravy pop-up which also had a Kill Rock Stars and Jealous Butcher table, among others. Grabbed a few with one that will be up for PIF soon as it’s one of my favorites of the year.

Teke Teke - Hagata (took a flyer on this with the description and talking to the vendor about it)
Fernando - Leave the Radio On
Fernando - Traitors Table
Jeffrey Martin - Dogs in the Daylight
Jeffrey Martin - Thank God We Left The Garden
Jeffrey Martin - One Go Around
Kassi Velazza - Knows Nothing
Brian Dunne - Lose On The Ropes

View attachment 189491

Grabbed three at the local -

Bonnie Prince Billy - Beware
Cut Works - s/t
Neil Young - Tonight’s The Night

Grabbed three online -
City and Colour - Little Hell
Sloan - Alive & Alright
Romantica - America

And grabbed three from @Ethos99 and his fantastic Paladin Vinyl! That box set is huge!

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
Pearl Jam - vs.
Acetone - I’m Still Waiting box set

View attachment 189492View attachment 189493
Lots of great records in that pile.

So is anyone else having the kind of luck I'm having with ordering Records lately?

First, my copy of Prince - Diamonds and Pearls was smashed. (They have refunded the money)

Next, Urban Legends sent me The Roots - Rising Down, instead of the Public Enemy record that I had ordered. I've gotten the run around from customer service, sent it back today, we'll see what happens.

Then I've ordered some records from Mello Music on Oct. 25th, they still haven't shipped. The customer support email doesn't seem to work.

And, I ordered RSDBF stuff from Plaid Room Records that hasn't shipped yet either.
🥺

So is anyone else having the kind of luck I'm having with ordering Records lately?

First, my copy of Prince - Diamonds and Pearls was smashed. (They have refunded the money)

Next, Urban Legends sent me The Roots - Rising Down, instead of the Public Enemy record that I had ordered. I've gotten the run around from customer service, sent it back today, we'll see what happens.

Then I've ordered some records from Mello Music on Oct. 25th, they still haven't shipped. The customer support email doesn't seem to work.

And, I ordered RSDBF stuff from Plaid Room Records that hasn't shipped yet either.
🥺

I had an off center label and sent Mello music CS an email, no response, a week later I sent another email and tweeted at them, no response. Sent a DM on IG, and like a week later they just responded and said they were going to send a replacement

Records have continued to trickle in, almost every day since my last update. With PIFs-giving, various sales and pre-orders a few more are expected during the next few weeks as well.

First off, some purchases.

Juliana Hatfield "Juliana Hatfield Sings ELO" (brown vinyl, signed; a pre-order coming in. Another covers record from her, following Olivia Newton-John and The Police, that is a blast. Juliana is having a ton of fun with these.)
Aesop Rock "ITS" (white vinyl pressing, very good record with a pressing that sounds excellent).
CASISDEAD "Famous Last Words" (clear vinyl, another excellent pressing, this one is rap over fat analogue synths courtesy of Kyle Dixon for a futuristic dystopic sound).

IMG_0723.JPG

A few PIFs coming in from the PIFsgiving frenzy.

Aerosmith "Toys In The Attic" (A PIF from @Kris - 2013 pressing at RTI cut by Ryan K Smith from the old HQ-180 series, makes for a pretty nice sounding reissue).
Getz/Gilberto "Getz/Gilberto" (PIF from @Matt M - excellent pressing from the AP Verve series).
Various / Jazz Dispensary "Super Srunk" (second PIF from @Matt M - couldn't be more stoked about getting a copy of this fine Jazz Dispensary compilation I missed on RSD 2022. Turns out it's a RTI pressing and sounds really good to boot).

IMG_0722.JPG

And lastly some sale purchases coming in over the last two days. The Fela's were a good enough price and the others are from the Colemine black friday sale.

Fela Kuti "Roforofo Fight", "Gentleman" and "Shakara" (50th anniversary reissues on colored vinyl - all three of these actually sound very good and the vinyl is surprisingly decently quiet for colored vinyl. I expecially love the bonus 7" that came with Shakara, which includes cover versions of the two songs by Ezra Collective).
Orgone "Beyond The Sun" (2022 repress on black vinyl, just received).
Kendra Morris "I am what I'm waiting for" (Colemine exclusive orange swirl vinyl, just received).
Say She She "Silver" (Colemine exclusive purple swirl vinyl, just received).

IMG_0721.JPG

My new baby arrived from @Webb_615. Look at the side eye from Emily on the left and right. Amy hides her jealousy better. Haha!
It’s getting cleaned and played today. The autographs are a nice touch!

The test pressing is from the dumpster fire of the last two days of the old forum from @djdavedk. If anyone else has more Indigo Girls, I’ll give it a good home :)
IMG_4947.jpeg
IMG_4948.jpeg

My new baby arrived from @Webb_615. Look at the side eye from Emily on the left and right. Amy hides her jealousy better. Haha!
It’s getting cleaned and played today. The autographs are a nice touch!

The test pressing is from the dumpster fire of the last two days of the old forum from @djdavedk. If anyone else has more Indigo Girls, I’ll give it a good home :)
View attachment 189805
View attachment 189806
What a lovely collection! Hard to believe it was the old VeeEmmPee forum when I sent you that.

Back