Fresh Grabs

Dropped by the local and picked up a few today, and the Jellyfish showed up earlier than the original delivery date even after a delay email.

Spacemen 3 - Playing With Fire
Guided By Voices - Mirrored Aztec
Vincent Neil Emerson - The Golden Crystal Kingdom
The Spinanes - Manos
Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring For My Halo
Thee Oh Sees - Carrion Crawler/The Dream EP
Midnight Oil - 10,9,8…
Jellyfish - Bellybutton
Jellyfish - Spilt Milk

IMG_0769.jpeg

Last edited:
Dropped by the local and picked up a few today, and the Jellyfish showed up earlier than the original delivery date even after a delay email.

Spacemen 3 - Playing With Fire
Guided By Voices - Mirrored Aztec
Vincent Neil Emerson - The Golden Crystal Kingdom
The Spinanes - Manos
Kurt Villa - Smoke Ring For My Halo
Thee Oh Sees - Carrion Crawler/The Dream EP
Midnight Oil - 10,9,8…
Jellyfish - Bellybutton
Jellyfish - Spilt Milk

View attachment 187487
Nice stack.

Recent backlog…
IMB_iOuKit.gif
The National - Cherry Tree, Vol. 5
King Gizz - Petrodragonic Apocalypse
DMB - Before These Crowded Steets
Lucero - That Much Further West
Black Tambourine - Black Tambourine
Camera Obscura - Underachievers Please Try Harder
Cheap Girls - Giant Orange
Mogwai - Government Commissions - BBC Sessions 1996-2003
New Order - Substance
A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement
R.E.M. - Up
Pearl Jam - Vs.
The Bill Evans Trio - Sunday At The Village Vanguard
Acetone - Cindy
Acetone - If You Only Knew
Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station

Recent backlog…
View attachment 187554
The National - Cherry Tree, Vol. 5
King Gizz - Petrodragonic Apocalypse
DMB - Before These Crowded Steets
Lucero - That Much Further West
Black Tambourine - Black Tambourine
Camera Obscura - Underachievers Please Try Harder
Cheap Girls - Giant Orange
Mogwai - Government Commissions - BBC Sessions 1996-2003
New Order - Substance
A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement
R.E.M. - Up
Pearl Jam - Vs.
The Bill Evans Trio - Sunday At The Village Vanguard
Acetone - Cindy
Acetone - If You Only Knew
Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station
Love that Cheap Girls record!

20231120_201537.jpg

My 2nd Oldies order arrived with Maple Glider - To Enjoy is the only thing & Tame Impala - Innerspeaker (my first order still hasn't been shipped lol).

Also grabbed some tapes on last Bandcamp Friday from FarragoL - some lo-fi hop hop, future funk & vaporwave.
Lucid Dreaming, Best of, and Urban Research

Since the last post...

Phil Collins "Face Value" (2x45 Atlantic 75 pressing) - sounds fantastic!
New Order "Substance 1987" (2023 limited pressing with red and blue vinyl) - I mentioned in the definitive audiophile thread that I think I like this version better than my original canadian pressing - I confirm that. Excellent reissue.
Bruce Springsteen "Greetings from Asbury Park NJ" (MOFI one-step) - I'm disappointed with this one. The mix is ok, but I'm not sure the instrument separation works for all the tracks, for example Spirit In The Night - the sax is all over the place and with the separation I find becomes distracting. Would more compression be better? The noise floor is also higher than I'd like for a one-step.
Wayne Shorter "Schizophrenia" and Jackie McLean "Demon Dance" (both Tone Poets) - sound excellent.
Stereolab "Cobra and Phases..." (2019 3xLP deluxe reissue) - fabulous sound, as with all Stereolab deluxe reissues.

IMG_0654.JPG

Luna "Lunapark" (white vinyl, breakout from Luna box set) - first PIF I receive from the PIFsgiving frenzy. Thanks @jamieanderson1968 !
Various "Songs in the Key of X" (2023 reissue, black oil vinyl) - freshly received, unplayed
Pearl Jam "Vs." (2023 2x45 reissue) - freshly received, sampled some of the tracks, mastering is fantastic
Portishead "Third" (2023 repress of the 2017 reissue?) - freshly received, unplayed

IMG_0653.JPG

Last edited:
Since the last post...

Phil Collins "Face Value" (2x45 Atlantic 75 pressing) - sounds fantastic!
New Order "Substance 1987" (2023 limited pressing with red and blue vinyl) - I mentioned in the definitive audiophile thread that I think I like this version better than mu original canadian pressing - I confirm that. Excellent reissue.
Bruce Springsteen "Greetings from Asbury Park NJ" (MOFI one-step) - I'm disappointed with this one. The mix is ok, but I'm not sure the instrument separation works for all the tracks, for example Spirit In The Night - the sax is all over the place and with the separation I find becomes distracting. Would more compression be better? The noise floor is also higher than I'd like for a one-step.
Wayne Shorter "Schizophrenia" and Jackie McLean "Demon Dance" (both Tone Poets) - sound excellent.
Stereolab "Cobra and Phases..." (2019 3xLP deluxe reissue) - fabulous sound, as with all Stereolab deluxe reissues.

View attachment 188550

Luna "Lunapark" (white vinyl, breakout from Luna box set) - first PIF I receive from the PIFsgiving frenzy. Thanks @jamieanderson1968 !
Various "Songs in the Key of X" (2023 reissue, black oil vinyl) - freshly received, unplayed
Pearl Jam "Vs." (2023 2x45 reissue) - freshly received, sampled some of the tracks, mastering is fantastic
Portishead "Third" (2023 repress of the 2017 reissue?) - freshly received, unplayed

View attachment 188548
This is a killer haul!

Back