Fresh Grabs

I think, if my memory serves me correctly, that Skogens Frukter was a compilation of selected songs from Alabursy and The Green Stone that he put together especially for the VMP exclusive. He must have liked it so much that he started pressing it for himself but just kept printing out the same artwork, i imagine Superpuma don't have a huge budget!

How was he live? Im very jealous, he's not coming to ireland to play :(

That makes sense, it’s definitely a comp. they sold a ton last night at the top ones had the VMP logo and the rest didn’t. I assumed I was buying the vmp one but it’s just the standard. They must have used up the VMP leftover sleeves first.

He was great. It was a small venue but he had everyone in the palm of his hands, singing along, clapping, stomping etc. His whole band was great, they can really play amazingly well together. It is a shame about Ireland for sure, his manager was chatting to us and said they’re heading straight to Denmark (I think) for a festival today. Super busy your schedule.

That makes sense, it’s definitely a comp. they sold a ton last night at the top ones had the VMP logo and the rest didn’t. I assumed I was buying the vmp one but it’s just the standard. They must have used up the VMP leftover sleeves first.

He was great. It was a small venue but he had everyone in the palm of his hands, singing along, clapping, stomping etc. His whole band was great, they can really play amazingly well together. It is a shame about Ireland for sure, his manager was chatting to us and said they’re heading straight to Denmark (I think) for a festival today. Super busy your schedule.

Yeah my own is exactly the same and I bought it from superpuma earlier in the year. Black record in VMP sleeve.

Anybody else get their Swans Soundtracks for the Blind 4LP sets? I'm very impressed at how the exceedingly plain artwork translates to a well-constructed box with some nice embossing and minimalist touches.

Also of note, Michael Gira's signature (included if you bought thru Young God) features a "'19" at the end, presumably as a designation that he signed it in 2019... I found this hilarious but can't really place why. He also had the good taste of signing the bottom left corner of the back of the box rather than muddying up the nice clean front. Good on ya, Mike.

From the Mr. Bongo sale...
View attachment 12945
Ugh some stuff went on sale today and I caved in and grabbed a few things including this one. I added some stuff to my cart and waited til I got home to pull the trigger and some stuff sold out so yay for my wallet

Got this in the mail today!
IMG_20190801_201048.jpgIMG_20190801_201038.jpg

the 2814 tape set.

969adab9-dd42-49bc-ad31-3125cab4d42e.jpg

Noooooo, not a CD!

Jokes aside, this is something I am very happy to have. This is the soundtrack to the devotional series Reflect Love Back. I have not viewed that devotional series, since I am not a devout Christian. The series was created by Lacey Sturm and her husband Josh. Lacey Sturm was the original singer of the Christian hard rock band Flyleaf, which was one of my first favorite bands. And, this is signed by Lacey.

I never got to see Flyleaf before they disappeared. However, I have seen Lacey twice (Josh plays guitar in her band as well). I was in awe hearing her incredible, roaring voice as she sung both solo songs and Flyleaf hits. So, I am very happy to finally have something signed by her.

Back