Fresh Grabs

When MP3 players started coming out I ripped and ditched most of my CDs, kept the ones near and dear to me so I don't have many. Streaming is convenient to me, nothing more at this point, so I'm not ready to invest in a "Better" experience at home. There's still something about owning an album, the 12x12 piece of artwork that is, or at least can be, the jacket, liner notes, printed extras about the album and so on.

My hesitation with CD's is I'll start grabbing everything not available on vinyl and to be honest, I have way too many vinyl albums I still want to start down the CD hole again, lol

Tbh investing in a better experience at home is actually, to begin with, not that expensive a proposition. My little pi player that does Spotify connect and airplay was well under €100. That said when, like I’ve just done, you start getting into roon and hi res streaming and servers it begins to get a bit more expensive...

Some recent freshies.

qOegeDC.jpg

Finally grabbed this Henderson:
5wZ9P1D.jpg

Recent Oh Sees repress:
Hq8GALH.jpg

Huge score today, still in shock at the amazing condition it’s in.

Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um (original 1959 US 6-Eyes Mono Pressing)

There’s a handful of jazz albums that I would consider to be perfect, and this is one of them. Mingus led a very very crazy life and really struggled with his mental health, but to produce music as fantastic as this is next level. This copy is super clean, it looks like it was just pressed yesterday, no surface marks, no smudges, nothing. Its certainly now on of the jewels in my collection, I’m super happy.

A79E5F97-2053-4905-87DE-A4F6A29CBEEB.jpeg

It's been a crazy busy month or two for me, I've been somewhat disengaged around here but I have scored some fantastic grabs. This is a few weeks worth and includes a newly released favourite, a couple of original/early pressings of old favourites and some quality reissues.
PSX_20190730_111911.jpg
The Kenny Clarke and Bud Powell are Music Matters eBay scores, the Mobley and Coltrane Analogue Productions eBay scores. The near mint Blue Train AP for AU$58 (about US$40) was a bit of a pleasant shock and one of my better bargain pickups.

Back