Fresh Grabs

Yeah, I went with Amazon.jp it was a bit of work (google translate could only do so much). I first tried Beatink.com but I kept getting errors so I went with Amazon instead. The total with shipping came to right around $40 US. The delivery was super fast. They shipped with DHL and it arrive in less than a week. The only bummer was the box was pretty beat up and unfortunately the LP jacket had a bit of corner ding (it wasn’t bad enough that I was willing to to try to figure out returns).

Google translate works well on beatink.com. I just keep getting errors when checking out or it says "talk to website admin" after I try to add the LP to my cart, so I can't complete check out. Amazon.jp is pretty hopeless for me and I expect the package to arrive pretty thrashed based on my past experience with importing Amazon packages (and other's experiences). Any tips for beatink that will make shipping to US easier?

Amazon Japan is actually super easy to use, no need to Google translate just go to the bottom of the page and switch the language to English and everything is the same. I've ordered a few times from them and never had any problems and they're super fast.

The scenario is I got some more records in the mail today...
F1B78DCE-C7D9-407C-A913-2B2E656D5C63.jpeg

A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario 7”
Kit Sebastian - Mantra Moderne
Lambchop - Nixon

The ATCQ is the Mr. Bongo reissue I found on Amazon for a reasonable price

Mr Bongo also recently released what I believe was their first new release in Kit Sebastian’s debut Montra Monderne. This is a great record that should be getting more props than it has. I have enjoyed it immensely since it was released. The only variant I was able to find was through Rough Trade but unfortunately I missed boat on the Rough Trade US Store copies so I had to order from the Rough Trade UK store but since I was already placing an order from across the pond I figured I should also grab a copy of...

Lambchop’s Nixon, I have loved Lambchop for years but was unaware that Nixon had been reissued (now I need for How I Quit Smoking to be reissued) so I was super stoked to grab this as well.

Last edited:
Just received my recent Music Matters order. Was lucky enough to escape import and/or custom charges. If I had any financial responsibility, this would be my last vinyl purchase of 2019 😅 Let's see how that goes...
View attachment 12575

Some other grabs from the last month:
View attachment 12576
You dropped some coin there my friend............Enjoy!

Still randomly picking up super cheap CDs while on my vinyl diet.

Of the top 4 3 were in a 3 for €13 deal and the George Michael double CD best of was only €12. The bottom 5 were back to Dealz for their €1.50 CDs 😀

Loving the pop buzz that I am on right now!

View attachment 12466
So tempted to hook up my CD player...........but so afraid at the same time, lol

So tempted to hook up my CD player...........but so afraid at the same time, lol

Hahaha! Regardless of the new cheap ones that i can't justify vinyl prices for I did have a collection of 1200 before vinyl (whittled down to about 700 now) that I wasn't just going to stop listening to! That whole lot of 9 cost me €32.50, that's about the same as a nice special edition of a new record...

Back