Fresh Grabs

Alice Cooper - Welcome to my Nightmare (Rhino 2021 reissue)
Metallica - S/T (didn't realize the reissue is a Bellman/Pallas joint)
Thomas Dolby - Blinded by Science mini-lp (a PIF from a friend, I love "One of our Submarines")
View attachment 111912

Latest shipment from Last Night From Glasgow
Sister John - I Am By Day
Life Model - Lost On Weekends
Trashcan Sinatras - I've Seen Everything reissue
View attachment 111913

Great LNFG releases this time around

This is my second haul from the same private collection… Listening to these Surfers albums is the closest I’ve come to getting high in a long time!

70DCB017-89EF-46F4-817E-7B499E1113BB.jpeg
B8ABFE8D-98FD-47AC-B1B2-7DB52F4ADC55.jpeg
F56A9833-BC91-4D35-B416-7B5BE2D3257E.jpeg
0F9586FA-3151-456E-B88E-D2E45656773A.jpeg

A few of these (Skylarking, Heaven and Hell, Animals) are duplicates for me, but for $5 a pop I couldn’t pass up the chance of an upgrade.

I had coffee with my work buddy, who's also a record collector. Been a while since we've all been work-from-home since 2020-03, so it was nice to catch-up. I passed along a Nagaoka cart for him to try on his second system and he surprised me with these awesome PIFs.

IMG_1791.JPG

Hoping to get him on here eventually, because he's an awesome resource on jazz and equipment.

Need to start using my new puppy (pretty similar to yours) in my pics but afraid he would just chew the sleeves to bits. He already got hold of a Kamasi Washington sleeve (thankfully it's in a box set so not crucial but still annoying) and left his bitemarks all over the corner! I'm petrified for some of my African records, but at the same time I want to get him used to them and just not chew them!

Need to start using my new puppy (pretty similar to yours) in my pics but afraid he would just chew the sleeves to bits. He already got hold of a Kamasi Washington sleeve (thankfully it's in a box set so not crucial but still annoying) and left his bitemarks all over the corner! I'm petrified for some of my African records, but at the same time I want to get him used to them and just not chew them!
He's only in a jumper as it's an alternative to the cone of shame! He's got a wee scratch on his leg that he's trying to lick, so the vet put a cone on him. His jumper is better...

Led Zeppelin - II /Presence
John Coltrane Quartet - Ballads
Sam Cooke - Ain't That Good News
Otis Redding - The Dock Of The Bay

Another fantastic round of Japanese pressings, these off Discogs, not RecordCity. I started looking for Otis as The Dock Of The Bay I have is some kind of compilation, not this release. It was $7 and is basically mint. The Led Zeps weren't much more and sound wonderful. The Coltrane was priciest but still way cheaper than the recent AP release for me, and I can't believe that will sound better. A very happy chappy here.

20210915_192017.jpg

But 20+ years from now whenever you want to play Kamasi Washington, you'll have a small memento from your good boy and get emotional because you still miss him. So, put another way...

Good boy =

moana-youre-welcome.gif

Sort of an impulse-purchase because I always feel weird leaving my local empty handed? Ridiculous but there it is. I had been going to order Since I Left You but it's on backorder. At any rate, Plantasia was good enough and spooky season's coming up so I'm sure it'll get played.

Mort Garson - Black Mass by Lucifer

_MG_0934.JPG

I continue to be annoyed that these of all things should sound as good as they do. But take what you can get I suppose, in the meantime I think the one orange and yellow I've seen looks better than all the clear and magentas I've seen, but perhaps I'm biased.

Oingo Boingo - Good for Your Soul

_MG_0935.JPG

Back