Fresh Grabs

I’ve got the Waylon and Jessi and The Firm.

Ha, cool. I figured I was the only one in these parts that would want or have The Firm.
The Waylon and Jessi record is.....interesting. Uneven production and some really varied song approaches. I'll give it more spins and see if it clicks more. 3 bucks and it's NM, so I was happy to grab it.

Ha, cool. I figured I was the only one in these parts that would want or have The Firm.
The Waylon and Jessi record is.....interesting. Uneven production and some really varied song approaches. I'll give it more spins and see if it clicks more. 3 bucks and it's NM, so I was happy to grab it.
I’m a confirmed Highwayman junkie. It’s one of those eighties slickly produced the Outlaws ain’t Outlaws no more records. I mean it starts off with You Never Can Tell.... someone somewhere should have been like “no, dudes.”

Last edited:
Replacement Once Upon A Time... Deluxe and VMP order. I pre-ordered it along with A Charlie Brown Christmas during the Black Friday sale. They never shipped and at the end of January, they canceled what i thought was both as i got a full refund. So i ordered Laura again with the discount code they had and that's one way of ending up with two copies of a record haha
And Aretha is scratched so that need replacing ☹

IMG_3174.jpeg

Stray Fresh Grabs
DD7181A0-7966-48AB-8A4B-8F36934094BE.jpeg
J Dilla - Donuts
Autechre - Tri Repetae
The Woods - Songs Of Shame

Some random items received in the mail this past week. Donuts is the “jelly filled” rough trade exclusive. I already had a black copy and didn’t really NEED it but I love this record and wanted a more collectible copy. The only thing was the jacket was beat to hell (ordered via Rough Trade UK) so I swapped it out with the jacket from my black copy that was in perfect condition. The only thing is they have slightly different artwork on the back of the jacket but I like the this sleeve better anyhow.

Tri Repetae was a pick up from Amazon. This is my THIRD FREAKIN’ COPY. Because Amazon forgot how to use record mailers and the previous 2 copies had jackets that were beat up. Third time was a charm thankfully. Also a big thank you to whomever suggested marking it as a gift (@Mather maybe?) I can confirm this copy came with a mailer inside a box. It might be a coincidence but either way it worked.

Songs Of Shame was a PIF pickup (Thanks again @Igbid ). I am excited to give it a spin. This LP was my intro to The Woods and is always a fun listen.

Stray Fresh Grabs
View attachment 33973
J Dilla - Donuts
Autechre - Tri Repetae

Some random items received in the mail this past week. Donuts is the “jelly filled” rough trade exclusive. I already had a black copy and didn’t really NEED it but I love this record and wanted a more collectible copy. The only thing was the jacket was beat to hell (ordered via Rough Trade UK) so I swapped it out with the jacket from my black copy that was in perfect condition. The only thing is they have slightly different artwork on the back of the jacket but I like the this sleeve better anyhow.

Tri Repetae was a pick up from Amazon. This is my THIRD FREAKIN’ COPY. Because Amazon forgot how to use record mailers and the previous 2 copies had jackets that were beat up. Third time was a charm thankfully. Also a big thank you to whomever suggested marking it as a gift (@Mather maybe?) I can confirm this copy came with a mailer inside a box. It might be a coincidence but either way it worked.

Songs Of Shame was a PIF pickup (Thanks again @Igbid ). I am excited to give it a spin. This LP was my intro to The Woods and is always a fun listen.
Yep, it me. I do that every time. And 65% of the time it works every time.

Stray Fresh Grabs
View attachment 33973
J Dilla - Donuts
Autechre - Tri Repetae

That Tri Repetae reissue pressed at Optimal is superb! You're gonna love it.

People who know me will tell you that I don’t care for my birthday. Not that I am not grateful to be alive but, I don’t see a reason to celebrate. Not a big deal. So here is the story.

A couple of days ago I noticed I had a media mail package coming in. Looking at the city, I immediately messaged this person to see what was shakin’. Of course, in all denial, he says nothing about it. I knew something was up but decided to wait and see. So, I got this last night:

11C78A6B-12A4-451F-8309-61926B1DFBA6.jpeg

Frustratingly waited until this morning to open it because, I’m apparently controlled by boxes but, that is another story. I open it up and see this:

6331994D-BFDD-4165-B62A-C8F8CE8B49E0.jpeg

Anonymous, indeed. Further inspection continues and I am presented with the following:
FE8BD8C4-1321-4880-852A-158A95ADAE02.jpegFC072660-64F1-4CD5-B4AB-A7DC61DF863A.jpeg9E739118-DA6E-4220-A4FE-D55444E21DB2.jpeg

You may not be able to read it but, these were truly heartfelt pieces that he sent. I can not wait until I can spin them and I can not tell you how much I am thankful for @Colonel_Angus for noticing my birthday. Taking time out his life to make someone feel appreciated.

When I said the word “family” in my status, I meant you guys. This place, you people are the absolute best people I have internetally known and I wouldn’t trade ANYONE on here.

Thank you again, @Colonel_Angus

People who know me will tell you that I don’t care for my birthday. Not that I am not grateful to be alive but, I don’t see a reason to celebrate. Not a big deal. So here is the story.

A couple of days ago I noticed I had a media mail package coming in. Looking at the city, I immediately messaged this person to see what was shakin’. Of course, in all denial, he says nothing about it. I knew something was up but decided to wait and see. So, I got this last night:

View attachment 34030

Frustratingly waited until this morning to open it because, I’m apparently controlled by boxes but, that is another story. I open it up and see this:

View attachment 34031

Anonymous, indeed. Further inspection continues and I am presented with the following:
View attachment 34032View attachment 34033View attachment 34034

You may not be able to read it but, these were truly heartfelt pieces that he sent. I can not wait until I can spin them and I can not tell you how much I am thankful for @Colonel_Angus for noticing my birthday. Taking time out his life to make someone feel appreciated.

When I said the word “family” in my status, I meant you guys. This place, you people are the absolute best people I have internetally known and I wouldn’t trade ANYONE on here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

View attachment 34030

View attachment 34031

View attachment 34032View attachment 34033View attachment 34034

A beautifully human moment straight from the heart.
Love it!

And I hear ya on birthdays just being another day,
but that being said,
Happy Birthday!🎁🎈🎂🎉🎊

Back