Fresh Grabs

Got a few good ones there @Mr Moore !!, Really enjoy all those Jazz Dispensary releases , Herbie and Suso is a beauty, well done . Blakey and Monk, Coltrane and McLean and Dolphy , lots to love .
Man alive, I love coming home to two big boxes of records. They make a nice stack.

View attachment 12184

First up, a bunch of reissues. @Lee Newman is solely to blame for all of these as his two word counter to my lacklustre feelings towards organ jazz, Charles Kynard, sent me to eBay where I found the seller all_your_music had 15% off. You know the story, go in for one, come out with seven. Actually, @Colonel_Angus bears some responsibility too for mentioning that Hiromi album about a year ago and it’s plagued my Spotify regularly since. And @Skalap too I suppose for the @Mark de Clive-Lowe introduction. Really you’re all to blame except me for this lot.

View attachment 12185

View attachment 12186

And then this lot. Yeah, these are all my doing. Some Japanese presses and some early and first Mingus, Coltrane and Brubeck, all in swell condish.

View attachment 12187

View attachment 12188

View attachment 12189

View attachment 12190

View attachment 12191

Some recent mail portal 🔥 🔥🔥
VVbUtaQ.jpg

kkwju4S.jpg

Blue Train is the 1977 King pressing.
Found a NM- copy for a good price, imo, especially considering it shipped from Japan.
Sounds sublime.

Brothers:
NCY9Ofo.jpg

Which pressing is that Sonny Clarke?

Went to Copenhagen yesterday and stopped by a record store i've never been to (CAN) and picked up a few records. All first pressings but i made the mistake of not checking them before i bought them as some of them are in pretty bad shape.

MC Shan: Really dirty/dusty with fingerprints and a few scratches that are not audible for some reason and the picture inner sleeve is basically just two pieces of paper as it's barely held together.

Eric B. & Rakim: Also dirty/dusty with fingerprints everywhere and a few scratches including one going through all tracks on Side A. But, again, not an audible scratch.

Gang Starr i have yet to throughly check but the quick glance i took at all three discs last night does not instill much confidence. But we'll see. If it's bad i might write or call the store and ask if i can return or exchange them.

IMG_2728.jpeg

Also got my first two Tone Poet releases today along with The Complete Birth Of The Cool from Amazon.

IMG_2730.jpeg

And a few from HHV...

IMG_2729.jpeg

Where are people grabbing that Khruangbin from?
Yeah, I went with Amazon.jp it was a bit of work (google translate could only do so much). I first tried Beatink.com but I kept getting errors so I went with Amazon instead. The total with shipping came to right around $40 US. The delivery was super fast. They shipped with DHL and it arrive in less than a week. The only bummer was the box was pretty beat up and unfortunately the LP jacket had a bit of corner ding (it wasn’t bad enough that I was willing to to try to figure out returns). The $40 was a bit steep for a single LP but it is a great pressing the record is flat and sounds great. The album is a compilation of of the bands first two EP’s and a single 7” which are rare and cost significantly more if you were going to try to pick them up individually. I don’t know if this album is limited itself I believe both site have a purchase limit on the number of copies you can order but it does take a bit of effort for non-Japanese speakers to complete the order which is a bit of a deterrent for some. Lastly Khruangbin fan base is fairly ravenous and I would suspect that once it eventually sells out the value (especially outside Japan) will climb significantly (not that I am planning on selling it.)

Last edited:
Japanese Amazon or beatink.com
Google translate works well on beatink.com. I just keep getting errors when checking out or it says "talk to website admin" after I try to add the LP to my cart, so I can't complete check out. Amazon.jp is pretty hopeless for me and I expect the package to arrive pretty thrashed based on my past experience with importing Amazon packages (and other's experiences). Any tips for beatink that will make shipping to US easier?

Back