Fresh Grabs

Ran by an estate sale listed as being a former musicians. I missed out on all the equipment because it went on Friday, but there were still a lot of records left. I spotted a stack of about 30 records still in the shrink and they were all the same weird Christian album by some couple in the 70s. I'm pretty sure they were the owners. Lots of Christian music and the typical crap you'd see at Goodwill, but it was $11 for these 7 and all the records are in EX except the two Nektar (VG+). The jackets are mostly in beaten up but not nasty shape.

George Winston - Piano Solos
An Evening With Windham Hill Live
Ralph Towner - Solo Concert
Chick Corea - The Blue Note Re-Issue Series
Carl Orff - Carmina Burana (Deutsche Grammophom
Nektar - Remember the Future
Nektar - Thru the Ears

IMG20231112145316.jpg
IMG20231112145419.jpg

And Did Those Feet … Six British Jazz Composers by Duncan Heining (Jazz In Britain, 2023)
We Jazz Magazine Issue 09 - "Oisters" (We Jazz Helsinki, 2023)

Forgot to post these the other day. A chunky hardback book that highlights 6 British Jazz Composers (Michael Garrick, Mike Gibbs, Barry Guy, John Mayer, Keith Tippett and Mike Westbrook) and includes a companion CD. Plus the lastest We Jazz Helsinki magazine.

IMG_5451.JPG

Just found a newish shop about 15 minutes down the road from me. It's small, most of his stuff is pretty common, and it's somewhat overpriced. I had a nice chat with the owner and felt I should buy something, so I found this. I paid about $5 too much, but want him to be successful. (And, I was lacking this album)

1699830485596.jpeg

An album from a sort of Irish trad supergroup featuring, amongst others, members of Lankum. Went in blind but is supposedly brilliant.

View attachment 186605

I've only made it through "Cruel Mother" so far and it's pretty fucking spectacular!

I feel like I might need to check out Acetone, given that I'm wholly unfamiliar beyond all the love they've been getting around here.
Yeah, I was unfamiliar with them too until the box set was announced and while I couldn’t justify buying that giant box set I did pick up the first two albums today at my local. I might grab the other 2 at some point but they retail for $40 a pop so I hope maybe they hang around a bit and drop in price.

Last edited:
Back