Fresh Grabs

clockwise!!
Destruction Unit - Negative Feedback Resistor (red vinyl)
black midi - Schlagenheim
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
(local store got this for sale so it was a no-brainer. they also had Southerncadillacmuzik which I’ll keep an eye on 👀)
Mort Garson - Mother Earth’s Plantasia (green vinyl, it sounds pretty good but first play had inner-groove distortion, might need to play it again)

Brian Eno & Harold Budd - Ambient 2: The Plateux of Mirror
Anna von Hausswolff - Dead Magic
(red/black marble vinyl)
V/A - Pacific Breeze: Japanese Pop, AOR and Boogie (tri-color vinyl)
Casiopea - Super Flight

Valerie Carter - Just A Stone’s Throw Away
Aztec Camera - High Land, Hard Rain
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Kate Bush - Never For Ever

Suzanne Ciani - Seven Waves (promo vinyl)

This was such an overwhelming first listen when I began streaming it on Spotify - it’s an immersive album that sounds very much new age (kinda like Windham Records stuff from the 80s), but with the musical palette of a master like Ciani. Finders Keepers reissued it a few years ago with new artwork, but that looks in need of a repress.

I finally was able to watch that new Suede doc "The Insatiable Ones" and I'm not sure I'd trust Brett Anderson's decision making for most of their run after the debut album and before the reformation.
Yep , the footage of him on “substance” was very brave to put in..the next part of his autobiography may be interesting on this period

Oooh, very intrigued by an album dedicated to Bass Clarinet as a lead instrument. Let us know how good it is. (I assume very good).

I’ve been listening on Spotify past few days. Yeah, good and varied styles too. First time on vinyl also, originally Japan CD only. Fully licensed and remastered. Looking forward to hearing it on wax.

It's been a pretty great week at the doorstep. Started with getting a great PIF from @TransformerMan with the Rodriguez - Cold Fact. Thanks again, it is such a great record! And the Secretly and Magnolia subscriptions showed up. Think I'm taking a break with Magnolia, kind of feeling meh on many of their releases.

7A08E339-9B8B-4EB5-8228-E6F7CF3414F8.jpeg

The VMP box showed up with the Essentials and the Rob I've been waiting for. Rob is sounding nice already!

22B741BD-83A9-42A4-A0CD-D9BC6000460C.jpeg

The Deep Discount goodies showed up too. Hard to pass for these prices. The Temple and Wilco are two of my all time favorite albums. The Wilco 4LP Being There for $22 was a stupid good deal. And like $6 for the other two. And free shipping. Damn.

27F8E23C-CF4F-4CDB-BD49-4E8141712602.jpeg16EF9F88-EA96-465D-A868-CD254216AE80.jpeg1D201F60-5616-488B-92F4-10BD68A55430.jpeg

Some greasy Charles Kynard funk for your consideration...

I have been on a Charles Kynard kick so I decided I needed some on wax.

Charles Kynard - Woga
Afrique - Soul Makossa
Charles Kynard - Your Mama Don’t Dance
Charles Kynard - Afro-Disiac

The first 3 are original Mainstream Records releases. Mainstream might have my favorite printed label. I also really enjoy the uniform aesthetics of a good portion of Mainstream’s album jackets from their early to mid-70’s jazz releases.

The last is a Jazz Dispensary reissue part of their wonderful Top Shelf Series.

Obviously the music is pretty fun too if you are into Soul Jazz/Jazz Funk.

Lastly there’s this...

Which might be my favorite back image ever.

Wow, what an absolute crap day at work... Oh goodie my DD albums are here yay I'm so happy lemme just unwrap this sweet Taj Mahal LTD press and there weeee n'GOO!

View attachment 10705

sigh
Jeesh that’s rough. If it were anyone else I’d be surprised. FWIW mine copy was completely flat.

Back