Fresh Grabs

Back in the day that would have cost a bomb

All good albums, I’m very fond of the seahorses album. I was offered that used on vinyl at my local dealer , £100! I’m happy with the cd at that price . It’s definitely in need of a reissue as the single b sides we’re excellent too

I know it’s mad how little you can get CDs for now!

Yeah it was fun having a dig through, when I saw all that britpop I was hoping for a few pulp albums too but alas! A nice way to get some albums that I like a little bit for dirt cheap without having to fork out for the vinyl copies!

Supergrass were an underrated band too. His solo stuffs good

I kinda lost touch with them after Life On Other Planets and this compilation. They were a great singles act and this compilation is gold but I always thought they never quite put a top class album together...

For me Super Furry Animals were THE underrated band of that scene and Gruff Rhys’ solos stuff is great too!

20190708_181520.jpg
I bought Top Gun OST as I said I would lol. I also ended up with a full loyalty book & got 15 euro off The Immaculate Collection (30rrp) so half price. My missus favourite collection of songs ever so she is happy too. Odd purchases for a mostly hiphop guy but I'm happy 😂

LvAES91.jpg

Just went to play Planet Waves and the Street Legal is in the sleeve. Warped. Go to check Street Legal to see if maybe Planet Waves ended up in there. Nope. Now I’ve two copies of Street Legal. Both are warped...already regretting this sale I was cautious about to begin with.

Hope Deep Discounts can remedy this.

My other part of the sale. Nervous to even open these.
slTcib5.jpg

And the eBay listing for this stated it was an 1969 OG...it’s not. I feel like this is a sign to stop buying so many records.
rVE71Z6.jpg

Deliveries of the past few days...
Money Mark “Change is Coming” Translucent Gold Solid Gold pressing limited to 200

Wendell Harrison “Dreams of Love Supreme” Blue Fat Beat pressing limited to 100

Then I got my Deep Discount order and everything appears to be in great condition.

The Melvins - Stoner Witch
The Byrds - Sweetheart Of The Rodeo
Taj Mahal - Taj Mahal
Clarence Reed - Running Water

The Taj and Clarence Reed are both on blue wax and Sweetheart of the Rodeo is translucent gold. I am continually impressed by Music On Vinyl packaging quality. Some fun listens.

View attachment 10388
I bought Top Gun OST as I said I would lol. I also ended up with a full loyalty book & got 15 euro off The Immaculate Collection (30rrp) so half price. My missus favourite collection of songs ever so she is happy too. Odd purchases for a mostly hiphop guy but I'm happy 😂
What is that Galaga looking thing above the records?? ;)

LvAES91.jpg

Just went to play Planet Waves and the Street Legal is in the sleeve. Warped. Go to check Street Legal to see if maybe Planet Waves ended up in there. Nope. Now I’ve two copies of Street Legal. Both are warped...already regretting this sale I was cautious about to begin with.

slTcib5.jpg

And the eBay listing for this stated it was an 1969 OG...it’s not. I feel like this is a sign to stop buying so many records.
rVE71Z6.jpg
Well that blows, hopefully, and I don't see why not, they'll get you taken care of AND hopefully, and I'm sorry for you, it's not wide spread. Although, I'm not feeling good about it now, lol.

Mine show up on Wed. we'll see and I'd like to hear from others who jumped in.

LvAES91.jpg

slTcib5.jpg

rVE71Z6.jpg
Okay, perhaps it is an OG.
I just assumed there would be a Van Gelder stamp,
but he wasn’t even involved with this album.

So all may be well.
Deadwax brings up a repress on Discogs, but perhaps the OG is the same...?

Back