Fresh Grabs

Not only a mono, but a UK press!

My US mono is probably a strong VG, but I remember when I bought it (in college, 1980s) for $8.
Also got a mono UK of the Traffic album that @Dark Star Boogie just picked up! Ended up bringing about 40 LPs home with me from this trip. Hoping they make it safely on the flight. I can carry them all on luckily.

Finally got George Harrison - All Things Must Pass on splatter vinyl. Credit (blame?) goes to @Joe Mac for recommending them. Tracking hasn't updated since it was shipped on the 20th of August.

View attachment 110884

Annoyingly, they shipped it in just the brown product box the album comes in which isn't designed for that so it got damaged in one corner. Time to see how The Record Hub's exchange policy is for buyers outside Ireland :(

View attachment 110885

Remember to also check that they've got all the stuff inside. My first copy came with 2 of the 2nd LP and no 1st LP

Remember to also check that they've got all the stuff inside. My first copy came with 2 of the 2nd LP and no 1st LP
Thanks. I just opened it to check and all the correct discs are there. But they're sending me a new one and might let me keep the damaged one as well (waiting on a reply on that part).

I lucked out last year and tracked a stray copy of Joy down from a site in Canada. They also had a grey copy of The Pod that I ordered.
Oh man, that grey repress by Schnitzel from 2018 sounds so. damn. good. Honestly made me appreciate the album even more than I already had.

On most days now, I’d consider it my favorite Ween album. A true testament to the unlimited creativity two dudes can bring about with limited recording capabilities.

And Joy is a great album. I see it’s often frowned upon in most Phish groups I’ve seen. Yeah, it’s more straightforward and less experimental and progressive than previous efforts, but it’s fantastic in its own right. Really uplifting too, and man “Joy” always seems to bring a smile to my face. They really DO want me to be happy.

PS, you’re a cool dude. I love when I see you responded to my shit. Seems like you surround yourself with great people too.

Also got a mono UK of the Traffic album that @Dark Star Boogie just picked up! Ended up bringing about 40 LPs home with me from this trip. Hoping they make it safely on the flight. I can carry them all on luckily.
That’s amazing Mike! I’ve been trying to find a nice copy of their first album for what seems a few years now, not that I actively pursued it daily or anything. Finding an original is something of a pipe dream, for sure. Congratulations!!!

And you got this.
Your records will be safe and fine.

Fresh grab. Birthday gift from a friend. He didn't tell me until today when it was supposed to be arriving. View attachment 111193

This will fill a nice hole in my collection, I hadn't come across any copy of Heroes.
Just for one day…then you’ll have to pick up the rest Berlin albums.

Oh man, that grey repress by Schnitzel from 2018 sounds so. damn. good. Honestly made me appreciate the album even more than I already had.

On most days now, I’d consider it my favorite Ween album. A true testament to the unlimited creativity two dudes can bring about with limited recording capabilities.

And Joy is a great album. I see it’s often frowned upon in most Phish groups I’ve seen. Yeah, it’s more straightforward and less experimental and progressive than previous efforts, but it’s fantastic in its own right. Really uplifting too, and man “Joy” always seems to bring a smile to my face. They really DO want me to be happy.

PS, you’re a cool dude. I love when I see you responded to my shit. Seems like you surround yourself with great people too.

Thanks. I don't surround myself with many people, though, really.

I didn't wind up keeping that grey Pod, but only because I already had the RSD clear. I think it's the best Ween album, but I have a more personal connection to Pure Guava, only because that was my introduction. It's similar to how, with Built To Spill, There's Nothing Wrong With Love is one of the most important records to me, as an individual, but Perfect From Now On is probably a better album.

With Phish, Farmhouse still feels like a relatively new album to me and Round Room feels like it just came out last week. I remember when people weren't sure how to feel about Story Of The Ghost. Shit, Billy Breathes was even too chill and accessible for a lot of folks. To be fair, tjough, it is my White Pepper: the introductory album I used to get my wife to listen to them.

I like dark evil grimy Phish, so when I heard the song "Joy" live the first time, I wanted nothing to do with it. When my son got super into Phish last year -- at 8/9 years old -- he convinced me to give a bunch of this newer stuff more of a chance and I wound up really liking that album a lot more. I used to dub all the bootlegs and shit back in the day and wasn't trying to grab a lot of the vinyl as actively, for whatever reason. When he showed an interest, I went on a tear picking stuff up and even got a sealed copy of the numbered Picture Of Nectar off a guy in Ebay for $30.

Went to my alma mater (though I guess since I'm in grad school there now my current school?) over the holiday weekend. Hit up the local shop and added to my Spitta collection:

View attachment 111291
Love Iowa City! It’s been at least a decade since we’ve been there but when we lived in IL we would visit a friend who lived there a few times a year. I don’t remember the names of the record stores but when would visit IC there used to be two relatively close together. One was a pretty traditional record store and the other was half book store and half record store (I think that one might have closed though). It’s a great college town. spent many a nights getting loose at The Fox Head Tavern and then trying to stave off a hangover by filling our bellies with greasy breakfast foods the next morning at the Hamburg Inn. Good times!

Last edited:
Here are my UK grabs from my quick trip abroad!

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

Everything up through Shades of Blue are pretty much all UK pressings (I think only Prime Prine is a US pressing). Most are early or first pressings. I copied @Poly-Rythmo and just spun Houses of the Holy--this one is an OG UK press with Sterling and RL in the deadwax.

MoFi Katy Lied through the end were all albums waiting for me when I got home. Money Jungle is a PIF from @Ethos99 and his shop Paladin Vinyl (agree with @JohnnyCashFan --great packaging and have already done some preorders through the site). Metals and Coldplay are PIFs from @Ponman2003 . I have lots of record cleaning to get through now!

Here are my UK grabs from my quick trip abroad!

View attachment 111394

View attachment 111395

Everything up through Shades of Blue are pretty much all UK pressings (I think only Prime Prine is a US pressing). Most are early or first pressings. I copied @Poly-Rythmo and just spun Houses of the Holy--this one is an OG UK press with Sterling and RL in the deadwax.

MoFi Katy Lied through the end were all albums waiting for me when I got home. Money Jungle is a PIF from @Ethos99 and his shop Paladin Vinyl (agree with @JohnnyCashFan --great packaging and have already done some preorders through the site). Metals and Coldplay are PIFs from @Ponman2003 . I have lots of record cleaning to get through now!

Back