Fresh Grabs

M-Theory is great, always drop by when in SD. There's also another record store across the bridge(don't know what that area is called) that specializes in mainly used old records. I saw everything from Blues and Rock to some newer hip-hop stuff. Pretty great, I'll see if I can dig out the name of the store...
There's Record CIty and Folk Arts Rare Records in the immediate vicinity - You are probably thinking of Record City. My usual is a little more inland, Reanimated Records in La Mesa, but they didn't get the MMJ in. It's good to be spoiled for choice, for sure.

Ha! Yeah, I’m fairly certain @Russ I has been by Hi-Voltage before. His kid went to college at UPS (the local university) if I recall correctly.

I speaking of Hi-Voltage, I have my discount stamp card filled up I need someone to drop off some gems so I can fully take advantage of my 20% discount.
Yes! That’s right. Back when it was a small, very unassuming shop.

Well…my father-in-law saw how much fun I had at Rob’s Records in Notts yesterday that he told me this morning “you know…we have some records stored away that you’re welcome to take home. Not sure if they interest you but it’s mostly The Stones, Bob Dylan, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen…that sort of thing…” 😍😍

might need a bigger suitcase! Everything is in surprisingly good condition. Lots of mono Stones, Queen - Day at the Races, The Wall, a few Eltons and even an OG UK pressing of Sade - Diamond Life!

Sheesh, a heavy 3LP set just floating around in this box, no protection at all. Amazon is the worst, but $12 for this set was too good to pass up. Looks good though, with no damage whatsoever. That beach ball outer took care of it.
View attachment 110997
They have a ton of temp workers right now with the worker shortages that are not being trained correctly and going to get worse with the holidays.

Ha! Yeah, I’m fairly certain @Russ I has been by Hi-Voltage before. His kid went to college at UPS (the local university) if I recall correctly.

Speaking of Hi-Voltage, I have my discount stamp card filled up I need someone to drop off some gems so I can fully take advantage of my 20% discount.

I saw Tool play at the UPS Fieldhouse in 1996

Well…my father-in-law saw how much fun I had at Rob’s Records in Notts yesterday that he told me this morning “you know…we have some records stored away that you’re welcome to take home. Not sure if they interest you but it’s mostly The Stones, Bob Dylan, John Prine, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen…that sort of thing…” 😍😍

might need a bigger suitcase! Everything is in surprisingly good condition. Lots of mono Stones, Queen - Day at the Races, The Wall, a few Eltons and even an OG UK pressing of Sade - Diamond Life!
That’s quite the flipping dowry! Haha

The Beatles - Abbey Road
Led Zeppelin - I, IV, Houses of the Holy
Charles Mingus - Pithecanthropus Erectus
Prince - Most Beautiful Girl In The World
Otis Redding - Tell The Truth / Live at the Whisky A Go-Go / Merry Christmas Baby

A while since I've ordered from RecordCity so I joined in the fun here. Some v solid releases including several better than their grading, but I was rather disappointed with LZ1. I'll see if I need a refund after I give it a clean (not that it looks dirty, just sounds it). But Houses of the Holy in particular sounds amazing. Looking forward to 9 more records from Japan (just not RecordCity so they take a bit longer)...

20210904_160331.jpg

Fresh grabs from my local jazz shop.

Grant Green - Green Blues

Art Farmer/Bill Evans - Modern Art (1983 reissue)

Bill Evans - The Paris Concert Edition One

Bill Evans Trio - You're Gonna Hear From Me (Live from Jazzhus Montmartre, Copenhagen). This is will Eddie Gomez and Marty Morell. Morell goes off on a drum solo during a sped-up version of Nardis.

0904211139~2.jpg

Past month to month and a half grabs—
Vjvn6K9.jpg

I guess I officially gave up on official pressings…still waiting on that preorder that was supposed to go up fall of 2019, haha!

I’m finally on the Phish train, after all this time.
5fj0z3a.jpg

AdDalKu.jpg

zRsXK8s.jpg

Already own the Idle Moments SRX so skipped out on the Classics reissue.
59qbaCB.jpg

Two weeks back I went to a record sale at a guy’s home in my town. Walked out with all these for $25. Elvin Jones is an original.
gYW7jrZ.jpg

Was quite excited to see Mill City Sound have a copy of this on its drop day. Scooping-scoop, this album is incredible. Think I’ve had 5-6 listens already.
CL1NY46.jpg

Vjvn6K9.jpg

I guess I officially gave up on official pressings…still waiting on that preorder that was supposed to go up fall of 2019, haha!

5fj0z3a.jpg

AdDalKu.jpg

zRsXK8s.jpg

59qbaCB.jpg

Two weeks back I went to a record sale at a guy’s home in my town. Walked out with all these for $25. Elvin Jones is an original.
gYW7jrZ.jpg

Was quite excited to see Mill City Sound have a copy of this on its drop day. Scooping-scoop, this album is incredible. Think I’ve had 5-6 listens already.
CL1NY46.jpg
They did a great job with the side breaks on those recent Live Phish releases. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series and what jams they pick. I was at the Alpine show the night before the mighty Ruby Waves version, so I missed out on that one in person.

I too gave up on waiting for official Tool pressings and bought some bootlegs. Would love to own a real copy of 10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum. And a non picture disc version of Lateralus. I really dig Justin Chancellors bass playing and tone. The bassline on The Pot from 10k Days is just so groovy.

This one is the crown jewel (so far):
Not only a mono, but a UK press!

My US mono is probably a strong VG, but I remember when I bought it (in college, 1980s) for $8.

Mail arrivals and a pickup from this past week. Need to get some spin-time in, we’ve barely been at home! Today was all work around the house, nobody is happy when the dishwasher is broken!

Thanks to @mgp for TMV! First on my list!

CA0746E9-760A-4A32-BF3B-75EF27462A87.jpeg

They did a great job with the side breaks on those recent Live Phish releases. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series and what jams they pick. I was at the Alpine show the night before the mighty Ruby Waves version, so I missed out on that one in person.

I too gave up on waiting for official Tool pressings and bought some bootlegs. Would love to own a real copy of 10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum. And a non picture disc version of Lateralus. I really dig Justin Chancellors bass playing and tone. The bassline on The Pot from 10k Days is just so groovy.
I’ve only listened to the “Ruby Waves” so far and I agree. There could not have been a better spot to do it. It sounds great, and I love the colors on the vinyl. I too look forward to more of these. Hope they throw one of these new jams from this tour on one at some point. Just got through 9-1, and man it’s so good. Now on to 8-31.

And I agree on everything you said in the Tool paragraph. Justin is such a badass along with his bass tone. He sticks out the most for me in Tool, makes me want to pick up my bass again.

Vjvn6K9.jpg

5fj0z3a.jpg

AdDalKu.jpg

zRsXK8s.jpg

59qbaCB.jpg

gYW7jrZ.jpg

CL1NY46.jpg

Did you pre-order that Joy repress?

Also, who knows, maybe a jam from a show you attending will pop up down the line. Plenty of time to have that realized.

Also, if you’re ever bored…would you want to message me some shows to check out. I’ve got the Relisten app.

Back