Fresh Grabs

I think I tried doing too many things at once, I deleted 250 records from my discogs šŸ˜•. Good thing I post a lot of things in this thread, I can get most back in there. What a pain... But I did get some things this last week. Got to a couple locals for some used stuff, most of the pickups were in pretty great shape. Then a few door drops.

8E4ABDD7-B2AE-4818-A75D-DEF6FB6D83BB.jpegB2BE4400-C0EF-462E-A8B3-2E93153D8939.jpeg60A68C14-DC03-45BB-B0F6-485E530BF197.jpeg927B9ACC-C515-48F1-9DAF-DD6543484994.jpeg

Here is a bunch of records from Portugal, USA, France, Japan, Sweden, UK, Peru and Djibouti. Here is a bunch of neo-classical, electronica, dad rock, Portuguese jazz, UK Jazz, USA jazz, Japanese Jazz, dream pop, hip-hop, world music and indie folk records. Here are my new babies.

Rodrigo LeĆ£o ā€“ O MĆ©todo
Rodrigo LeĆ£o ā€“ Alma Mater
Sensible Soccers ā€“ 2011-2013
Xutos & PontapĆ©s ā€“ O Mundo ao ContrĆ”rio

1629227488258.png

JoĆ£o Cabrita ā€“ Cabrita
The Emerald Isle ā€“ The Emerald Isle
Neg De La Peg Prod ā€“ Sortir Du Tunnel
MC Solaar ā€“ Qui SĆØme Le Vent RĆ©colte Le Tempo

1629227539281.png

Brian Jackson / Ali Shaheed Muhammad & Adrian Younge ā€“ Jazz Is Dead 8
Hiroshi Suzuki ā€“ Cat
Sven Wunder ā€“ Natura Morta
Alfa Mist ā€“ Bring Backs

1629227582960.png

Manzanita Y Su Conjunto ā€“ Trujillo - PeruĢ 1971-1974
Groupe RTD ā€“ Dancing Devils Of Djibouti
Raoul Vignal ā€“ Years In Marble

1629227628457.png

Fresh...
boygenius
Floating Points - Crush
King Gizzard the Lizard Wizard - Butterfly 3000

View attachment 108996

I guess this is what "Near Mint" means to some Discogs sellers. A scratch across the whole track. Pretty disappointed about this. Also on a really quiet, ambient Floating Points track.
View attachment 108997
My last Discogs purchase was for a ā€œstill sealedā€ NM graded LP. What I received was a unsealed jacket with no record inside. Contacted them 3 days ago and have not yet as of yet heard back. Tomorrow Iā€™ll get to file a no response request so that should be fun.

My last Discogs purchase was for a ā€œstill sealedā€ NM graded LP. What I received was a unsealed jacket with no record inside. Contacted them 3 days ago and have not yet as of yet heard back. Tomorrow Iā€™ll get to file a no response request so that should be fun.
Wow! Good luck.

From my experience people like to overgrade on Discogs. If it says NM, it's likely VG+. VG+ is closer to VG.

Wow! Good luck.

From my experience people like to overgrade on Discogs. If it says NM, it's likely VG+. VG+ is closer to VG.
Agreed, although Iā€™ve met a few sellers that under grade. But they are definitely far and few. I bought VG/VG+ Rock of Ages off someone once that looked like it had never been played.

Meanwhile, in happier Discogs experiences...

I just made the last personal vinyl purchase I'll be making for a while, as life is being life-y, but I have a tradition of buying myself something special when I get my first paycheque from a new job and today upheld that tradition.

I was perusing the Canadian seller Sun Ra listings a week or so back, as I'm prone to do probably far more often than is healthy, and noticed a seller with some exciting items at reasonable prices located in BC. I reached out to inquire whereabouts in BC in hopes of being able to arrange in-person, or by proxy, purchasing to save on shipping costs. Turns out he lives just across town and was excited to learn of another Sun Ra fan around these parts. Not only did we cut out shipping but he offered me a ripping good deal on these, well below his online asking price, and to top it all off he came and delivered them to my house just now! He was the original owner of both of these albums and they're in great shape - especially for the price he gave me. He also told me all about the Arkestra show he attended here in the 80s and seeing Ornette Coleman at the same venue! Not only am I excited to have these albums but I look forward to having a new older music nerd friend with an expansive collection and deep love of experimental music, noise and free jazz!

20210817_172743.jpg

And, fortunately, despite my vinyl fast I still have a bunch of pre-orders and my final VMP fulfilment (all individually shipped, most mere days apart!) on the way, so I won't be entirely without that Fresh Grabs feeling over the coming months!

Meanwhile, in happier Discogs experiences...

I just made the last personal vinyl purchase I'll be making for a while, as life is being life-y, but I have a tradition of buying myself something special when I get my first paycheque from a new job and today upheld that tradition.

I was perusing the Canadian seller Sun Ra listings a week or so back, as I'm prone to do probably far more often than is healthy, and noticed a seller with some exciting items at reasonable prices located in BC. I reached out to inquire whereabouts in BC in hopes of being able to arrange in-person, or by proxy, purchasing to save on shipping costs. Turns out he lives just across town and was excited to learn of another Sun Ra fan around these parts. Not only did we cut out shipping but he offered me a ripping good deal on these, well below his online asking price, and to top it all off he came and delivered them to my house just now! He was the original owner of both of these albums and they're in great shape - especially for the price he gave me. He also told me all about the Arkestra show he attended here in the 80s and seeing Ornette Coleman at the same venue! Not only am I excited to have these albums but I look forward to having a new older music nerd friend with an expansive collection and deep love of experimental music, noise and free jazz!

View attachment 109020

And, fortunately, despite my vinyl fast I still have a bunch of pre-orders and my final VMP fulfilment (all individually shipped, most mere days apart!) on the way, so I won't be entirely without that Fresh Grabs feeling over the coming months!
The Victoria Free Jazz Army just doubled in size!!

Finally got a good price and caved on the orange OUATIH Soundtrack so expect to see a new sexier variant pop up soon, you're welcome!

PicsArt_08-18-12.13.25.jpg

Top 3 are first time buys from the Disney store since they recently had a big sale so grabbed a little nostalgia and surprisingly they packed them very well.

Bottom 3 RSD releases were all nicely discounted, especially Dedicated and Frankie which were about $10 each.

PicsArt_08-18-12.14.25.jpg

Grabbed an early Japanese pressing of King & Queen on ebay and got the random Italian Beatles comp as an addon for .99 :unsure:

PicsArt_08-18-12.16.53.jpg

Finally got a good price and caved on the orange OUATIH Soundtrack so expect to see a new sexier variant pop up soon, you're welcome!

View attachment 109050

Top 3 are first time buys from the Disney store since they recently had a big sale so grabbed a little nostalgia and surprisingly they packed them very well.

Bottom 3 RSD releases were all nicely discounted, especially Dedicated and Frankie which were about $10 each.

View attachment 109051

Grabbed an early Japanese pressing of King & Queen on ebay and got the random Italian Beatles comp as an addon for .99 :unsure:

View attachment 109052
Ohh invisible ink. My phone didnā€™t like the lemon juice. šŸ¤£

View attachment 109050

View attachment 109051

View attachment 109052
Was surprised to see the pricing for Haunted Mansion when I entered it on Discogs.

i forgot to share this picture when I took it, but here are some cool additions iā€™ve bought over the weekend

Nicolas Jaar - Space is only Noise (2xLP 45rpm cut)
Darkside - Spiral
Lingua Ignota - Sinner Get Ready
LCD Soundsystem - The Long Goodbye

1DAD880B-C16C-4188-A471-0C330BFCCC2C.jpeg

not much i can say about darkside or ignota thus far, but still quite happy to have them. the space is only noise reissue is pretty decent. sounds good, but if you already have the standard press, thereā€™s not a lot here that will convince you to replace the standard anytime soon. now, with the long goodbye, while iā€™m very pleased to have this, the 140 gram press does make the record sound very quiet. the mixing is fantastic, but man does it suck that itā€™s so quiet. i think the original 180g press from 2014 will still have inflated prices from resellers even with this new repress available now.

View attachment 109050

View attachment 109051

View attachment 109052
Am I daft ? I can't seem to find any vinyl on the disney store ? (Haunted Mansion for the grandkids)

Last edited:
Back