Fresh Grabs

Maybe it was too good to be true, got back to me and said collection in London only (I missed that in the description). I've asked for a refund & someone in London might be able to tae advantage when he relists

So he wants £10 shipping for someone to collect it in London. Oooook then 😂

Also that’s a bugger! Sorry! I didn’t see that either!

So he wants £10 shipping for someone to collect it in London. Oooook then 😂

Also that’s a bugger! Sorry! I didn’t see that either!

He's had a look at it and he is going to post it now. He's new to cogs and now that he's had a look at what's involved he doesn't think it's a problem. He assures me he can pack it securely. Seems communicative enough, he might even do a better job than some of the so called Discogs stores.

That's a sexy lil beast! This and the other American Recordings boxset are easily 2 of my favorites among my collection.. The book that comes with it is a top notch companion book while you listen to it the first time especially, it gives some great insight to each song.
(y) Cash insisted to Rick My Mothers Hymn Book was included in the cd and vinyl box sets btw. It's a joy to listen to. He always fought the labels for gospel content (in memory of his mother) from Sam Phillips to Rick Rubin.

Last edited:
He's had a look at it and he is going to post it now. He's new to cogs and now that he's had a look at what's involved he doesn't think it's a problem. He assures me he can pack it securely. Seems communicative enough, he might even do a better job than some of the so called Discogs stores.

That’s pretty cool!

PS. This thing is a monster, it’s too tall to fit in a Kallax…

Tbh until I get them onto cogs and prune the worthless ones or sell some I’ve run out of Kallax space anyway. I might need to keep it on the hob

Mine will live on top of one of the Kallax for now. I’m actually half thinking of replacing the Kallax with something a bit nicer and with taller gaps to give some headroom over boxes and taller things. It’s going to need to some research though because what I’ve found so far is mental expensive. Maybe getting a local carpenter on the job is the way forward 🤔

Last edited:
Mine will live on top of one of the Kallax for now. I’m actually half thinking of replacing the Kallax with something a bit nicer and will taller gaps to give some headroom over boxes and taller things. It’s going to need to some research though because what I’ve found so far is mental expensive. Maybe getting a local carpenter on the job is the way forward 🤔

I did have a look when I sorted my spare room out, there are some nice options, but all very expensive. Definitely find a friendly carpenter or handyman if you can. I have a friend who gave up the office & travelling and now works with wood, I should have got him to build something really. I've tried to do it the cheapest way possible, a wall of kallax, given I spend all my money on vinyl instead of saving any.

I do like the shelves this guy has, he says they are custom made by a metalworker.

I did have a look when I sorted my spare room out, there are some nice options, but all very expensive. Definitely find a friendly carpenter or handyman if you can. I have a friend who gave up the office & travelling and now works with wood, I should have got him to build something really. I've tried to do it the cheapest way possible, a wall of kallax, given I spend all my money on vinyl instead of saving any.

I do like the shelves this guy has, he says they are custom made by a metalworker.

I never really know how I feel about this guy. He seems pleasant enough and I'm sure he's a nice guy, but when I watch his videos I always feel like he fanboys certain labels/pressings too much. There was one video I watched a while back when they were announcing the UHQR Miles Davis and it was like they found the cure to cancer the way he was bigging it up. It is a good release but I don't think the box and additional contents are that impressive really and certainly not as impressive as he made it out to be.

On a side note, I have always found this guys shelves to be really cool. I seem to remember seeing an Instagram post where he explains they were custom made. Each cube has a flip down 'stand' which would be quite useful if you had lots of guests or a party (you could flip them down to protect them). Not sure how much use the flip down buts would get if I had them, but neat all the same.

I never really know how I feel about this guy. He seems pleasant enough and I'm sure he's a nice guy, but when I watch his videos I always feel like he fanboys certain labels/pressings too much. There was one video I watched a while back when they were announcing the UHQR Miles Davis and it was like they found the cure to cancer the way he was bigging it up. It is a good release but I don't think the box and additional contents are that impressive really and certainly not as impressive as he made it out to be.

On a side note, I have always found this guys shelves to be really cool. I seem to remember seeing an Instagram post where he explains they were custom made. Each cube has a flip down 'stand' which would be quite useful if you had lots of guests or a party (you could flip them down to protect them). Not sure how much use the flip down buts would get if I had them, but neat all the same.

I’ve been really coveting these. I love the white but leaving the plywood edge detail and with the cubes being 38cm tall there’s good scope for tall boxes. They’re just so damn pricy.

I think I can get carpenter do it cheaper but also know that while ply is cheap that kinda detailing isn’t.

I think all the you tubers go a bit over the top. but are you saying I should cancel my Miles UHQR pre-order?

Those shelves look awesome

I’ve been really coveting these. I love the white but leaving the plywood edge detail and with the cubes being 38cm tall there’s good scope for tall boxes. They’re just so damn pricy.

I think I can get carpenter do it cheaper but also know that while ply is cheap that kinda detailing isn’t.

The finish looks great from the pictures. very nice, but I'm sure if you find the right Huy they could do it cheaper

I think all the you tubers go a bit over the top. but are you saying I should cancel my Miles UHQR pre-order?

Those shelves look awesome
Noooo it really is a fantastic pressing for sure. It's just that they could of put it in the gatefold, with the liner notes booklet and it would have been equally impressive to me. The patent sheets (not kidding) and box are just overkill in my opinion. I would rather they shave off some of the costs. At the end of the day, a single LP doesn't need a box.

Noooo it really is a fantastic pressing for sure. It's just that they could of put it in the gatefold, with the liner notes booklet and it would have been equally impressive to me. The patent sheets (not kidding) and box are just overkill in my opinion. I would rather they shave off some of the costs. At the end of the day, a single LP doesn't need a box.

I'm with you. Same sort of thing with the One Step, I prefer the standard Mofi sleeves. I think the average house in America doesn't have to worry about storage space the same way us brits do.

How is the pressing? Any good?
Sorry it took so long to report back. Wish I had better things to say, but I'm not thrilled with the pressings. Lots of pops and background noise the first couple minutes of each side on both albums. A few tracks sound muddled. Some sound really good, but overall they're not stellar pressings.

Back