Fresh Grabs

This weeks mail drops. Covers a nice wide spectrum
View attachment 105169
Have you listened to any of those Joni records? Really curious to know how they sound. (I saw that @Ghost posted about them but I don't know if he's provided any updates after his initial questions about whether what he was hearing was about the record or his cartridge.)

Have you listened to any of those Joni records? Really curious to know how they sound. (I saw that @Ghost posted about them but I don't know if he's provided any updates after his initial questions about whether what he was hearing was about the record or his cartridge.)
Sadly life caught up with me and I still have not cleaned them. That is weekends task. I remember hearing @Ghost saying he had a lot of surface noise. Visually the records look good

Out of town for three weeks and here's what was waiting. The topmost package is from Plaidroom and is really beat up. Hoping the goods are fine, but also figure Plaidroom won't leave me hanging if they're not.View attachment 105532
And as for what was in those boxes:

pileup2.jpg

I don't know what the fok I was thinking when I purchased that Homecoming box, and as part of my Joni Mitchell trifecta, I guess I'm trying to see how many copies of Blue I can accumulate. Also got a really hammered copy of Dire Straits' first album by Mobile Fidelity that Plaidroom has shipped a replacement for.

And as for what was in those boxes:

View attachment 105630

I don't know what the fok I was thinking when I purchased that Homecoming box, and as part of my Joni Mitchell trifecta, I guess I'm trying to see how many copies of Blue I can accumulate. Also got a really hammered copy of Dire Straits' first album by Mobile Fidelity that Plaidroom has shipped a replacement for.
for @Russ I and I think @Joe Mac - Just finished listening to Blue from the Joni box with just a light clean. Absolutely quiet pressing

Back