Fresh Grabs

Ive been after the MoFi pressing of this Primus EP for some time. Finally can check that off my list!

0614211413~2.jpg

Not gonna lie, the new Claypool remaster of this EP might actually sound better than the MoFi. Something about the MoFi mix seems just a little bit off. It's like the time Primus played Letterman and they barely had the bass turned up.

Well, that doesn't sound right!

HUGE thanks to @Crabbers for nabbing me this on RSD. Pretty amazed this made it from Ohio to California this quickly. Shipped on Saturday and pushed through for delivery on Monday?! I’ll take it.

Anyways, this sounds incredible. Those cymbals on the opening track immediately stood out as being some of the crispiest cymbals I’ve ever heard. In heaven 😍😍😍3F72FEE9-25CA-441C-9441-35D89D7F02D1.jpeg

I want to try to get into SY again. Maybe it will work this time. What's the best album to start with?
That's a bit of a tricky one. They started out of the No-Wave scene, making experimental noise music until Sister, where they become the indie rock powerhouses that they're known for. The run from Sister through Dirty is their peak, and for the most part its a clear progression from their original sound to a more mainstream 90's guitar-rock oriented feel.

So yeah, Sister and Daydream Nation are the best starting points, just if you decide to go the DDN route, don't feel bad about skipping the noise sections is it's not your jam- they're always there for you to return to.

I want to try to get into SY again. Maybe it will work this time. What's the best album to start with?
Seriously if they haven’t clicked I would give Goo or Murray St. a listen. They are more traditional straight ahead guitar rock albums. If you like those then you can start checking out the albums that came out around those.

That chihuahua is humungous!
But for real, what I was really excited by was the RE of Loveless with both tape's masters. They did a double CD like that a few years back but it had some glitches and was becoming kinda pricey. I already have those albums on LP so I was psyched to see that double of Loveless coming out

Back