Fresh Grabs

PIF Dire Straits Trifecta Fresh Grabs
B80CEB94-3E73-4505-BAB9-4DD4CBB0FCBE.jpeg
Making Movies
Love Over Gold
Brothers In Arms

I’ve been flirting with the idea of adding som Mark Knoffler to my record collection for a while now but never pulled the trigger, especially with the new Rhino reissues being released, thankfully @AnthonyI made the prospects of adding DS LPs to my collection much easier with his generous PIF. I am spinning Making Movies and it sounds great! Thanks again!

PIF Dire Straits Trifecta Fresh Grabs
View attachment 90486
Making Movies
Love Over Gold
Brothers In Arms

I’ve been flirting with the idea of adding som Mark Knoffler to my record collection for a while now but never pulled the trigger, especially with the new Rhino reissues being released, thankfully @AnthonyI made the prospects of adding DS LPs to my collection much easier with his generous PIF. I am spinning Making Movies and it sounds great! Thanks again!
Enjoy! :)

January and February grabs:

6E2EF5D9-F464-4EB9-97D5-FAA85A469A2B.jpeg

Byrd is a BN75 but actually sounds quite good. Pumpkins was a splurge because I had store credit at my local. I wasn’t pleased to wait 7 months to receive the Sonny Sharrock with a seam split, but at least it sounds great!

295AC1E4-C8EA-47E8-95DA-086E3E575EDB.jpeg

Lots of goodness on this batch! The PJ Harvey is a white whale I’d been waiting for years to reissue. Huge savings on the Beatles and Neil Young from the latest Target sale. And the BBC Sessions is Belle and Sebastian record number 20 for me!

763E642B-83AB-4441-A5B7-D75BF7B0DA1E.jpeg

The inevitable Tone Poet grabs. Super stoked about Cornbread, which I had all but given up on receiving after ordering it for cheap in early November!

Up in Wisconsin picking up my daughters new pup, stopped in a small retro video game / record shop to see what they had. Grabbed a Santana and Beatles album.............the Beatles is a a fake he had marked with a non-fake price, I ended up getting it for $3.00, just to have ;)
E1P_IbGL6uv4k5HU464Pt4J-DhfKTqbPDIk2itj1xoaqERiSeaW9dtvt-WcuN6Brvb2mTY2kavWSM8OVvcie0pMPy0CpIB1ZJKfBx8Mi9uPanSxurXGNbi3rwT_9L-P-rTsFm8HY5OuSM44sbGryGTuFu4RzBnbgqfmhd5G8GYBHziYmlvzlXMZxLh-7hXnLGd2sp-2YQSmKHJ1vu-q8MBtMbkLzsTQlvSRC_I3UbJiTR_6wx795ZPIRm7hwlgFQh6XKN5Z4vP4FmCjS-Z7I9oTz5HVGT0Dcs1WmMOQupwgMHFNKSMXndIY7VzCiUaAaal_FndziTmn0B6y4eLWBhlYpLuxrQXwyURroafDRY3RbpEjN7abkfngoAAfeTzRTUVefo3mIhqxdyBnwmMuJy2iSTDl_8ynwzC7Tirvy8T9_5ruNxy-y1n2PNwDTWEY9H3D4AdibKdGQLp9mQAohcBLXAU66YAMPHV6HLruUq_l417HPzbi_GU0VSG5sfQFsS9UnkhxveiDIOiUEO3HWYOuWMQ1HrqC5vIdtrCLNnPbWBTq_fj4PNBtwDhKs2yt_Jiz1CqXBh9mwWjcoEBZWvBeICnIc9kUI7BOc5Iu1fRGotMQBqRlfikwyr9ZFSHrNkFfoI1PqUFMC3PwuCZSHLrb9p_DvKqrIYOwBtoVgStSDREzo2Jc-I32E6m4uydk=w1500-h1540-no

Tubby Hayes And His Orchestra, New Jazz Group & Vic Ash Quartet - Modern Jazz Scene, 1956 (Tempo Records, 1956 First Mono Pressing)
Costanzo Plus Tubbs - Equation In Rhythm (Fontana, 1962 White Label Test/Sample Pressing)
Tubby Hayes - A Life Behind The Tenor by Mark Baxter (Mono Media Books, No.003/100)

Some fantastic Tubby Hayes bits arrived over the past few days. The Modern Jazz Scene is a real rarity which is now my second/upgrade copy and cost me just £1.99 plus postage. The Costano Plus Tubbs is now one of my coolest Tubby records as its the sample/test pressing copy which I had never even seen before this copy. Finally, a limited edition book by the producer of the Tubby Hayes documentary, containing photos of paraphernalia such as posters, handwritten notes, letters, etc.

IMG_8999.JPG
IMG_9001.JPG

Jef Gilson Big Band - Live À Gaveau (Sam Records, 2020 Limited French Pressing)
Miles Davis - Ascenseur Pour L'Échafaud (Sam Records, 2016 Limited 10" French Pressing)
Don Rendell Quartet - The Great Don Rendell (Tempo, 1955 First 7" Pressing)

I ordered a copy of the Jef Gilson album around Christmas time but the Discogs seller took my money and ran (luckily I was able to get it back in a claim). A few weeks later and Sam Records released 150 copies on their store and I was able to order one. I also picked up the Sam Records pressing of this Miles Davis 10" which I have been meaning to get for a while. Finally, I was after this Don Rendell 7" for a while but it seems to sell for silly money (one copy I missed out on went for £75 plus postage on Ebay), but luckily I was able to put an offer in for this which was accepted!

IMG_9002.JPG

Back