Fresh Grabs

View attachment 89213

My phone is refusing to rotate the image, apologies. But I got a whole slew of goodies from @swamp jazz box set. I asked for a secret santa style transaction - I had no idea what records I was getting until I got them. Super excited to dig into these - the only band I know is Future Islands.
@sarcasticfairyprincess and I have nearly identical tastes for a huge chunk of our individual collections so I tried to find bands that I love and were somehow absent from their rad Discogs list. I hope you dig these!!!

Fresh Target Grabs
2711DD62-ABA9-4D40-BEB9-1EB32B53924F.jpeg
Neil Young & The Stray Gators - Tuscaloosa
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
David Bowie - Lodger
The Grateful Dead - Mars Hotel
MF Doom - Special Herbs, Vol. 1 & 2
Wax Poetics Anthology, Vol. 1

The first three were part of Target’s buy 2 get 1 free sale. Mars Hotel is the Mo Fi 45 RPM reissue unfortunately it has a really gnarly seam split on the bottom of the jacket. I’ve reached out to Music Direct hopefully I can get a replacement. MF Doom was a generous PIF from @scotthilk . I don’t have any of the special Herbs releases so this seems like a great place to start. Lastly, I saw @debar22 post his copy of Wax Poetics Anthology on here and decided to see If I could find a copy too and I was successful.

Here’s a bonus non-music related Fresh Grab. My Grandpa passed away due to Covid this past summer. One of the things I inherited from him was one of his old beat up axes. A relative of mine has a hobby of refurbishing old tools, I let him tackle my axe and he did an amazing job.

3D9BF629-1D06-4456-8ABC-8D37EEE210A9.jpeg
3614887D-D3B4-4B2B-96E8-5C7257ACD543.jpeg
4D49C774-AE68-4104-AECC-16985C4D347A.jpeg
I think it turned out great. I am gonna hang it up on my wall in my record room.

Fresh Target Grabs
View attachment 89376
Neil Young & The Stray Gators - Tuscaloosa
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
David Bowie - Lodger
The Grateful Dead - Mars Hotel
MF Doom - Special Herbs, Vol. 1 & 2
Wax Poetics Anthology, Vol. 1

The first three were part of Target’s buy 2 get 1 free sale. Mars Hotel is the Mo Fi 45 RPM reissue unfortunately it has a really gnarly seam split on the bottom of the jacket. I’ve reached out to Music Direct hopefully I can get a replacement. MF Doom was a generous PIF from @scotthilk . I don’t have any of the special Herbs releases so this seems like a great place to start. Lastly, I saw @debar22 post his copy of Wax Poetics Anthology on here and decided to see If I could find a copy too and I was successful.

Here’s a bonus non-music related Fresh Grab. My Grandpa passed away due to Covid this past summer. One of the things I inherited from him was one of his old beat up axes. A relative of mine has a hobby of refurbishing old tools, I let him tackle my axe and he did an amazing job.

View attachment 89378
View attachment 89379
View attachment 89380
I think it turned out great. I am gonna hang it up on my wall in my record room.
That axe rocks. The leather cover is awesome

That axe rocks. The leather cover is awesome
Yeah, it was way more than I had expected. I just thought he was going to sharpen it and maybe replace the the handle but he went all out. The leather sheath on the axe has my grandpa’s initials and birth year pressed into it. Also, the orange, black, and white color scheme on the handles matches the colors of the Allis-Chalmers tractors my grandpa used to collect. The axe head has some markings on it too, it appears to have been made in Sweden by axe maker Svego and it is sharp AF. I am glad I haven’t yet hurt myself as much as I’ve been messing around with it since I got it.

The Caretaker - Everywhere at the End of Time (Stages 1-3)

1A1ABFA4-6875-497F-9BE4-B804186D3F64.jpeg

i was not expecting finding this at my doorstep today. pretty quick delivery for an international shipment. also pretty happy that i did not have to shell out $100 on each and instead get all of them at retail price thanks to the repress. now im just hoping stages 4-6 will also get repressed so i can have the entire set physically

Back