Fresh Grabs

Yeah not bad, it was a cardboard box with those crumple zones/fins. There was just a single sheet of thin bubblewrap in there as well which wouldnt have done much really (not really bubbewrap, its the sheet that feels like textured packing peanuts if that makes sense?).

The slipcase is sealed as well and the record/jacket sits tightly in there which is good!
Appreciate the response. I have never ordered from Craft before, and given the price of the One-step, I was curious.

Last edited:
Some fun new bits arrived over the past couple of days.

Jimmy Smith With Stanley Turrentine - Prayer Meetin' (Blue Note, 2020 Tone Poet Pressing)
Grant Green - Funk in France: From Paris to Antibes 1969-1970 (Resonance Records, 2017 Limited Pressing)
The Jazz Couriers - Monk Was Here (Top Spot Tunes, UK Flexi Disc)
Felix King And His Orchestra - Brazil (Top Spot Tunes, UK Flexi Disc)
Harry Gold And His New Beat Band - Joshua fit de Battle of Jericho (Top Spot Tunes, UK Flexi Disc)
The Skyrockets Orchestra - The Man Inside (Top Spot Tunes, UK Flexi Disc)
The Dennis Wilson Quartet - Cherokee (Top Spot Tunes, UK Flexi Disc)

A great selection here with the Jimmy Smith being a cheapo ebay win! I have been after the Grant Green for ages now but only ever see it listed for around the £100 mark. One popped up on ebay with an 'offer' option and the seller met me in the middle! Super happy with this. Finally the full set of these random flexi rarities. With 4 out of the 5 are not that sought after the 5th one (The Jazz Couriers - which features Tubby Hayes and Ronnie Scott) goes for silly money when it does appear at all. This was a final ebay win and I was the only bidder, meaning I picked these up for a steal. I played them earlier and they are great, im just going to try flattening them a bit more by leaving them under some books for a few days.

IMG_8511.JPG

What Jazz Is All About by Lillian Erlich
Modern Jazz: A Survey of Development Since 1939
Lady Sings The Blues by Billie Holiday
Coleman Hawkins by Burnett James
Ornette Coleman by Barry McRae
Jazzwise Magazine

More books arrived today as well. The 'What Jazz Is All About' and 'Modern Jazz...' seem fantastic and they are books that I have never seen before finding these two. I have been tempted by Billie Holiday's autobiography for ages and finally decided to pull the trigger. The Coleman Hawkins and Ornette Coleman books are part of a fantastic series called 'Jazz Masters'. I have 14 of them and I believe there is just 1 more to get. Finally I decided to treat myself to this months issue of Jazzwise as there is a lengthy article on Lee Morgan (my favourite musician) and the upcoming 12-lp box set of his Lighthouse sessions.

IMG_8513.JPG

Joe Harriott Autograph

Finally an oddity but something which is really cool! Joe Harriott's autograph is something which very rarely pops up and when I saw this I jumped at the chance to have it. I'm not one to buy autographs (this is my first that isn't on a book or record) but this was just too cool to pass up.

IMG_8515.JPG

Prince - Purple Rain / One Nite Alone...The After Show: It Ain't Over
TP Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - Unité Africaine

My local asked for some support to get through the latest Covid restrictions and I was more than happy to oblige! The latest Poly-Rythmo reissue from Acid Jazz and two of their greatest tracks, and then two more purchases down the Prince rabbit hole started by my Secret Santa.

20210220_164758.jpg

New records I received on the weekend

Had picked up Kendrick Lamar's "Good kid maad city" from Amazon, great bargain deal for 13€. :)
Slowthai "Tyron" and the first and last studio album of Mariah Carey on black vinyl, so now I have all her studio albums on vinyl, apart from the Christmas albums and Unplugged record.

IMG_20210222_064712.jpg

Back