Fresh Grabs

Looks good @pijo, how the pressings? I’ve got the complete Prestige Recordings on 16 (I think) CD’s that I never listen to, so not for me unless I saw an unbelievable price, but sure you’ll enjoy , Coltrane’s always worth listening to. 😀
Look what happened! I think this will become my new best friend..
View attachment 6478

Oh my days its beautiful
It really is a beautiful package. It should be for the price but you can tell that a good deal of thought and care has gone in to it.
Looks good @pijo, how the pressings? I’ve got the complete Prestige Recordings on 16 (I think) CD’s that I never listen to, so not for me unless I saw an unbelievable price, but sure you’ll enjoy , Coltrane’s always worth listening to. 😀
Ooh, I've had that ready to buy for a while but been a bit scared to commit!!! How does it sound?
So far so fantastic...I absolutely love this period of Coltrane's work, is amazing that this represents a year's output and I love the chronological sequencing of the collection. It's not a true all analogue for the AAA purists but it sounds super quiet, lively and dynamic. I'm no doubt slightly clouded in my judgement by the sheer beauty of the thing right now, but initial impressions are it's exactly what you want from a reissue like this - clean and immersive. Will provide further reports down the track. It was a big commitment financially, and I'm sure there's a good chance it may become a little more affordable in time but the time was right for me!

i see someone's doing their homework. I wanted to listen to this after MdCL dropped this as one of his favs but couldn't find a stream. Is there a pressing you recommend picking up - all relatively cheap.

Not certain tbh, I picked this up at eil.com and I think @Captainfog grabbed one from ebay. It looks like all of the Euro/US pressings were mid '70s so I'm guessing they're all going to be pretty decent and none of them seem too pricy on eBay. Recordsale.de have a few in too if their shipping is better for you.

I haven’t even listened to the new album by The National yet, but they’re one of the few music acts whose new music I’d buy on vinyl regardless - not a great thing when I wanna make space for other artists but :confused:

Never been as excited to get vinyl as I did when I snapped up The Aegean Sea (top left) on Discogs for a very reasonable price.

Back