Fresh Grabs

Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil
Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue

Music Matters Jazz SRX. Yeah.

IMG_4755.jpg

Handsome Boy Modeling School ‎– So... How's Your Girl?
Rafael Anton Irisarri ‎– The North Bend 10th Anniversary Edition

Glad that VMP is repressing some of their past ROTMs. Cheers to @alspriet for reminding me a while back that I needed to pick up The North Bend 10th Anniversary reissue. I got the last copy at Bullmoose but it's plentiful (and affordable) on the used market. Fantastic album.

IMG_4760.jpg

Jeff Rosenstock - No Dream (Tour/Band Variant)
Sven Wunder - Eastern Flowers

No Dream may be my favorite Rosenstock -- a ton of fun. I dig the whole Turkish-flavored funk/groove/psych thing (Altin Gün's Gece was one of my favorite records last year) and Eastern Flowers slots right in. Superior to their new one, Wabi Sabi.

IMG_4830.jpg

No Dream looks great, too!

IMG_4826.jpg

Last edited:
We’re Trying Our Best Fresh Grabs
33267D66-569D-4256-B915-BD12E77BCC9C.jpeg
Hiroshi Yoshimura - Green
Royal Trux - Cats And Dogs
Jay Reatard - Blood Visions
The Black Keys - Thickfreakness
The Black Keys - Rubber Factory

Hiroshi Yoshimura ‘s Green is an ambient masterpiece and I am really happy to have a copy on wax. This is the LITA exclusive green pressing. They sent out a email a few weeks ago saying it was delayed until the end of August but It was shipped out yesterday and I received it today. I already spun it and it sounds amazing.

The other 4 were part of the Fat Possum sale (which is still going on) 30% off store wide and paired with a 20% off coupon code these albums averaged about $9 bucks a pop shipped.

Last edited:
Some killer records arrived this week!

Duke Jordan Trio ‎– Thinking Of You (Steplechase, 1982 First Pressing)
Art Farmer Tentet - Brass Shout (United Artists Records, White Label Promo/Test Pressing)
Art Pepper Quartet - Modern Art (Intro Records, 1972 Japanese King Pressing)
Pete Johnson / Earl Hines / Teddy Bunn - Blue Note Sessions (Mosaic, 1982 Limited Mono Pressing)
Sun Ra And His Outer Space Arkestra - Celestial Love (Modern Harmonic, 2020 VMP Limited Colour Pressing)
Joe Harriott - Chronology (Live 1968-69) (Jazz In Britain, 2020 First Pressing Limited to 250 Copies)
Teddy Charles Quartet - New Directions (Prestige/Esquire, 1954 First UK 10" Pressing)
Tenderlonious - Tender In Lahore (22a, 2020 Limited 10" Pressing)

A great set here for sure. The Art Farmer Tentet is one which I haven't seen on discogs before, it's a white label promo/test pressing. Looking forward to listening to the new releases as well, the Sun Ra (from VMP), the Joe Harriott (from Jazz In Britain) and the Tenderlonious (from 22a). I believe the Tender In Lahore was actually sold-out and there was one more small batch found and sold (presumably a replacement pile).

IMG_0273 2.JPG

Kaleidoscope, New Spirits Known & Unknown (Soul Jazz Records, 2020 3lp Compilation)

A deluxe 3lp set which highlights the UK's contemporary jazz scene (along with an appearance from Makaya McCraven. Really killer set, I thoroughly recommend it as a primer, well worth it!

IMG_0290.JPG

Which version did you get, I got the gold Indie exclusive and mine sounded pretty good, better than a lot of other new release pressings I've heard recently
I have the indie exclusive with gold wax, both discs are extremely warped which is unfortunately the same as at least half of all new records I receive. My discs are absurdly Noisy even after cleaning, disc two would audibly grade at a vg-.

I have the indie exclusive with gold wax, both discs are extremely warped which is unfortunately the same as at least half of all new records I receive. My discs are absurdly Noisy even after cleaning, disc two would audibly grade at a vg-.
That's unfortunate, mine were pretty flat and quiet. Hope you can get a good copy, they are out there!

Finally!!!!
Plus what's with that silly slogan? 😂
View attachment 58556View attachment 58557

Wow! I had mine for over a week and I got the TMR Vault to go with it on Wednesday. Did you get the sticker with the silly slogan? I guess nobody had heard of that little White Stripes band. Though I suppose it's on the nose for you, since you just got the package.

That's unfortunate, mine were pretty flat and quiet. Hope you can get a good copy, they are out there!
Yeah I’ll be able to flatten it easily even though colored vinyl generally is easier to mess up in the process but unfortunately that’s not going to make it less noisy. It was a gift though so no money out of pocket.

Got this for a good price thanks to @ThePakoBuelna sharing the link in the online deals thread, dont care much about the virtual reality junk but I've heard positive things about this pressing compared to the standard single LP release, so crossing my fingers that this does sound good 🤞
View attachment 58248
YAY! So happy you got it after all the mayhem that was going on with Amazon not letting you purchase this thing! Also, thanks for mentioning it in the JQBX room! My copy is on my way to me, and thank you Pikachu @ThePakoBuelna for alerting us all about this awesome deal! ❤

Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil
Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue

Music Matters Jazz SRX. Yeah.

View attachment 58370

Handsome Boy Modeling School ‎– So... How's Your Girl?
Rafael Anton Irisarri ‎– The North Bend 10th Anniversary Edition

Glad that VMP is repressing some of their past ROTMs. Cheers to @alspriet for reminding me a while back that I needed to pick up The North Bend 10th Anniversary reissue. I got the last copy at Bullmoose but it's plentiful (and affordable) on the used market. Fantastic album.

View attachment 58372

Jeff Rosenstock - No Dream (Tour/Band Variant)
Sven Wunder - Eastern Flowers

No Dream may be my favorite Rosenstock -- a ton of fun. I dig the whole Turkish-flavored funk/groove/psych thing (Altin Gün's Gece was one of my favorite records last year) and Eastern Flowers slots right in. Superior to their new one, Wabi Sabi.

View attachment 58375

No Dream looks great, too!

View attachment 58376
Damn, what a magnificent bunch this all is! The Jeff Rosenstock pressing looks stunning and those Music Matters grabs you got are absolute gems! Love this one!!! Enjoy spinning all of these you lucky duck! 😜

Some killer records arrived this week!

Duke Jordan Trio ‎– Thinking Of You (Steplechase, 1982 First Pressing)
Art Farmer Tentet - Brass Shout (United Artists Records, White Label Promo/Test Pressing)
Art Pepper Quartet - Modern Art (Intro Records, 1972 Japanese King Pressing)
Pete Johnson / Earl Hines / Teddy Bunn - Blue Note Sessions (Mosaic, 1982 Limited Mono Pressing)
Sun Ra And His Outer Space Arkestra - Celestial Love (Modern Harmonic, 2020 VMP Limited Colour Pressing)
Joe Harriott - Chronology (Live 1968-69) (Jazz In Britain, 2020 First Pressing Limited to 250 Copies)
Teddy Charles Quartet - New Directions (Prestige/Esquire, 1954 First UK 10" Pressing)
Tenderlonious - Tender In Lahore (22a, 2020 Limited 10" Pressing)

A great set here for sure. The Art Farmer Tentet is one which I haven't seen on discogs before, it's a white label promo/test pressing. Looking forward to listening to the new releases as well, the Sun Ra (from VMP), the Joe Harriott (from Jazz In Britain) and the Tenderlonious (from 22a). I believe the Tender In Lahore was actually sold-out and there was one more small batch found and sold (presumably a replacement pile).

View attachment 58447

Kaleidoscope, New Spirits Known & Unknown (Soul Jazz Records, 2020 3lp Compilation)

A deluxe 3lp set which highlights the UK's contemporary jazz scene (along with an appearance from Makaya McCraven. Really killer set, I thoroughly recommend it as a primer, well worth it!

View attachment 58449
OMG Selaws! Your jazz hauls are so impressive! Even the background info you give on a lot of your recent pick-ups is impressive too! Can you just marry me already!?! 😍🤣😂🤫

Back