Fresh Grabs

After avoiding The Beatles stereo reissues that are cut from files for a long time because of various negative opinions I decided to order a couple to check them out and I have now ordered all of them. With amazon having them dip well below $20 each I have been able to acquire them for well below what the box would go for and am enjoying them immensely.

Beer AND a jacket?! Can i have a water instead? I don't drink.

Can't wait to have it all set up. I just finished putting the cart on, i think. I can never remember where you start with the anti-skate.

We have a wide selection of non alcoholic beverages and a route map for all of our designated drivers 😂

View attachment 58187
2LP Euro RTJ 1 acquired. Sounds really good too. I've heard they're repressing at least RTJ 2 this fall so hoping to pick up 2 & 3 then. Because current prices for those are crazy town.
That’s sharp! My RTJ1 is translucent gold and my RTJ3 is opaque gold. I kinda samey but the teal RTJ2 though is perfect.

Got this for a good price thanks to @ThePakoBuelna sharing the link in the online deals thread, dont care much about the virtual reality junk but I've heard positive things about this pressing compared to the standard single LP release, so crossing my fingers that this does sound good 🤞
View attachment 58248

Still waiting on mine to arrive, let me know how it sounds!

Got this for a good price thanks to @ThePakoBuelna sharing the link in the online deals thread, dont care much about the virtual reality junk but I've heard positive things about this pressing compared to the standard single LP release, so crossing my fingers that this does sound good 🤞
View attachment 58248
Oooooh I havent listened to this in a while, I will have to dig it out. The Virtual Reality thing is cool as well. I actually managed to see Childish Gambino on his tour for this, he popped off stage at the sold-out 02 Arena (20,000 capacity), appeared at the doorway near my seat and gave me a fist bump as he started performing while walking down the steps. Super surreal.

View attachment 58248
I bought this on release. I haven't spun it in so long. Thats the issue with me and boxsets. As far as I remember it was perfectly fine 🙂

I bought this on release. I haven't spun it in so long. Thats the issue with me and boxsets. As far as I remember it was perfectly fine 🙂
Spinning it now, just finished side two. It's great so far, some surface noise but doesn't really interfere too much with the music. It's definitely listenable, and would probably benefit from a cleaning, but I'm definitely happy with it for the price I got it for!

African Brothers Band - Abortion
Franco et L'Orchestre TP OK Jazz x3
Kyeremateng - Gye Nyame
Pat Thomas - Mbre Pa Beba

Three slices of sweet highlife from Ghana, together with three albums from the Congolese maestro Franco. I've been ploughing a fair bit of money into Superfly Records in Paris since the end of the lockdown and there's more to come...

20200725_110125.jpg

Back