Fresh Grabs

that’s fine. Not everything clicks for everyone, I’m a big believer in doing what you like, not trying to force what isn’t natural and avoiding being too critical unless you’re specifically prodded for an opinion, we’re fans, not professional critics, after all.

I love her early career, I think it’s magic. I’m not as familiar with this later career stuff but I can’t wait to delve into it!
Actually, this is probably why I keep going back. I'm usually drawn to the overly creative, outside the box stuff.

So I’m fortunate enough to have a bit of an allowance of “spare” cash every month after bills are paid , which I dub my record pot, as I don't buy a lot else , and with covid around I ain’t going out so should be pretty well off now ... so my fund of £500 went into the freebie money acc today ...and I deducted my preorders ..then paid back the joint account I’d used for some eBay buys as I ran out of free money last month ..then put petrol in ... and I’ve got a pot for the next 30 days of ....

£10

Some fun new arrivals through the door today 📮

They sent Salt N' Pepa separately but tracking showed it in the same place/timeline as these so expect it'll be tomorrow with any luck. King. 👑 is a great album I'm keen to spin and although Teflon Don isn't among my greats it's still got that bold arrogance I can appreciate and ride on. Mostly it's that I thought the variant looked great tho 🙈 just peeped it and I do love it. Only 16 more to go VMP ⏱️😅

King. by T.I.
Teflon Don by Rick Ross

20200520_141249-01rzkt2.jpeg

The month-old order I had over at Mondo that still shows as Unfulfilled unexpectedly showed up too. Alongside being an incredible game the soundtrack to the latest God of War is equally brilliant. I wasn't sold on the normal solid colour variant but I noticed the First Pressing was back In Stock during their last sale, which features a gold on gold and blue on blue splatter. Jumped on it and here we are. Unfortunately has a decent crease and ding on the lower right and a tear down the front of one of the printed inners so I'll be reaching out to see if they can send me a replacement sleeve once I've made sure the record itself is alright. They look great at least!

Mary and the Witch's Flower seemed like it would be a pleasant soundtrack to own and the design is superb to boot 👍💐

Mary And The Witch's Flower by Takatsugu Muramatsu (Red Hair Edition)
God of War by Bear McCreary (First Pressing - Bronze Translucent With Yellow Splatter, Blue & Light Blue Swirl With Clear Splatter)

20200520_141425-01fpkon.jpeg

20200520_150610-01a0ken.jpeg

20200520_150741-01xtjhj.jpeg

20200520_150133-01rfjza.jpeg

Blade Runner is meant to be an awful pressing according to Discogs. It's also a really beautiful design. I wouldn't have ordered it alone but alongside grabbing Mad Max & God of War it was a simple choice. Spot UV is a weak point of mine and it's used to great effect here. Mad Max takes everything a step further with a barrage of illustration and colour. Everything is considered and looks fantastic, and thankfully arrived in great condition. Seriously, this set is absolutely nuts 🔥🔥

Blade Runner 2049 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer And Benjamin Wallfisch (Pink & Teal Web Edition)
Mad Max: Fury Road (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Junkie XL (Fire & Blood, Sand & Water Edition)

20200520_141607-01mgjm1.jpeg

20200520_151446-01n9kgh.jpeg

20200520_151905-013ojgf.jpeg

20200520_151409-01k9jmq.jpeg

20200520_151635-016njeb.jpeg

20200520_152316-01etj7c.jpeg

So I’m fortunate enough to have a bit of an allowance of “spare” cash every month after bills are paid , which I dub my record pot, as I don't buy a lot else , and with covid around I ain’t going out so should be pretty well off now ... so my fund of £500 went into the freebie money acc today ...and I deducted my preorders ..then paid back the joint account I’d used for some eBay buys as I ran out of free money last month ..then put petrol in ... and I’ve got a pot for the next 30 days of ....

£10
And I’ve spent it ....! Funkadelic “Free Your Ass..” £8.99 on Amazon U.K. now!

Some fun new arrivals through the door today 📮

They sent Salt N' Pepa separately but tracking showed it in the same place/timeline as these so expect it'll be tomorrow with any luck. King. 👑 is a great album I'm keen to spin and although Teflon Don isn't among my greats it's still got that bold arrogance I can appreciate and ride on. Mostly it's that I thought the variant looked great tho 🙈 just peeped it and I do love it. Only 16 more to go VMP ⏱️😅

King. by T.I.
Teflon Don by Rick Ross

20200520_141249-01rzkt2.jpeg

The month-old order I had over at Mondo that still shows as Unfulfilled unexpectedly showed up too. Alongside being an incredible game the soundtrack to the latest God of War is equally brilliant. I wasn't sold on the normal solid colour variant but I noticed the First Pressing was back In Stock during their last sale, which features a gold on gold and blue on blue splatter. Jumped on it and here we are. Unfortunately has a decent crease and ding on the lower right and a tear down the front of one of the printed inners so I'll be reaching out to see if they can send me a replacement sleeve once I've made sure the record itself is alright. They look great at least!

Mary and the Witch's Flower seemed like it would be a pleasant soundtrack to own and the design is superb to boot 👍💐

Mary And The Witch's Flower by Takatsugu Muramatsu (Red Hair Edition)
God of War by Bear McCreary (First Pressing - Bronze Translucent With Yellow Splatter, Blue & Light Blue Swirl With Clear Splatter)

20200520_141425-01fpkon.jpeg

20200520_150610-01a0ken.jpeg

20200520_150741-01xtjhj.jpeg

20200520_150133-01rfjza.jpeg

Blade Runner is meant to be an awful pressing according to Discogs. It's also a really beautiful design. I wouldn't have ordered it alone but alongside grabbing Mad Max & God of War it was a simple choice. Spot UV is a weak point of mine and it's used to great effect here. Mad Max takes everything a step further with a barrage of illustration and colour. Everything is considered and looks fantastic, and thankfully arrived in great condition. Seriously, this set is absolutely nuts 🔥🔥

Blade Runner 2049 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer And Benjamin Wallfisch (Pink & Teal Web Edition)
Mad Max: Fury Road (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Junkie XL (Fire & Blood, Sand & Water Edition)

20200520_141607-01mgjm1.jpeg

20200520_151446-01n9kgh.jpeg

20200520_151905-013ojgf.jpeg

20200520_151409-01k9jmq.jpeg

20200520_151635-016njeb.jpeg

20200520_152316-01etj7c.jpeg
T.I. is so 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 and Ross is great too 🔥

My VMP packages came today along with some extra goodies!

Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna (Modern Records, 2020 VMP Essentials Pressing)
Erroll Garner - Magician (Octave Music, 2020 VMP Classics Pressing)
Salt 'N' Pepa - Very Necessary (Republic Records, 2020 VMP R&HH Pressing)
Shabaka And The Ancestors - We Are Sent Here By History (Impulse!, 2020 VMP Exclusive Pressing)

I personally think this month's selections were really solid and I'm looking forward to digging into all of these. I have been really excited for the 'Shabaka And The Ancestors - We Are Sent Here By History' album and I have purposely only streamed a couple of the tracks knowing that I would buy this on vinyl.

IMG_7174.JPG

The Quintet Of The Year - Jazz At Massey Hall Volume One (Swing Records, 1953 First French Mono Pressing)
Thelonious Monk With John Coltrane - Ruby, My Dear - Monk And Trane (Riverside Records, 1961 First Mono 7" Pressing)
Gerry Mulligan Quartet - Gerry Mulligan Quartet Vol. 2 (Music Records, 1955 First 7" Pressing)
Charlie Parker Photo
Thelonious Monk Quartet - May 1961London Concert At The Royal Festival Hall Souvenir Programme.
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - January 1961 UK Tour Souvenir Programme.
The Modern Jazz Quartet - September-October 1961 UK Tour Souvenir Programme.
The Miles Davis Quintet - 1960 UK Tour Souvenir Programme.

So the other week I was searching for the 'Jazz at Massey Hall' record online, as its a stellar line-up with a fascinating back-story. The Quintet consists of 5 of the eras best players, including Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus, and Max Roach, and the money from the performance was to be split amongst the musicians. Charlie Parker was not allowed to appear due to contractual reasons so instead, he used the pseudonym of Charlie Chan (his wife's maiden name) which is why his playing card drawing on the cover is facing away. Unfortunately, their performance clashed with a boxing fight between Rocky Marciano and Jersey Joe Walcott and as a result the ticket sales were low and none of the musicians, apart from Charlie Parker, were paid until many years later. As I was searching through listings I found that one seller had all the record plus all these oddities (looks like a house clearance) with Offers accepted. I threw a low-ball offer which I later felt bad about (it was really low) so I logged back on to shoot another price over and he had already accepted, so I got quite the deal on these. The programmes are fantastic and full of amazing photos and advertisements for other concerts (Bill Evans at Ronnie Scotts, Ella Fitzgerald at Hammersmith Odeon, Tubby Hayes at Ronnie Scotts old Birmingham club...).
IMG_7177.JPG
IMG_7176.JPG

Back