Fresh Grabs

1224192348a_HDR.jpg

Here is all of the music stuff I got for Christmas! Some cool CDs, including a signed PVRIS CD (thank you to my brother, and the good people at Newbury Comics, for that one!) Also got a signed Red Jumpsuit Apparatus record! It's warped like a banana, but a quick trip down to my local so they can work their vinyl panini press magic will take care of that. Also the great Rammstein (courtesy of my sister), a much needed album in my collection.

That is not a picture disc you see there at the bottom, my friends, no no no. That is the first ever full color etching on a vinyl record! Of course, the etched side has no music, but the amount of detail is stunning! It's a Music On Vinyl press (limited to idk how many, though this is #688). Really awesome gift, great soundtrack from a fantastic movie!

Merry Christmas to all of you! You've all been a bright, shining spot in my life for the 13 months that I've been here 💙

Johnny Griffin ‎– Introducing Johnny Griffin (Blue Note 80th reissue)
Erlon Chaves & Orquestra St. Moritz ‎– Procura-se Uma Virgem (Mad About Record reissue)
Zeca Do Trombone & Roberto Sax ‎– Zé Do Trombone E Roberto Sax (Mad About Record reissue)
Ronie & Central Do Brasil ‎– Ronie & Central Do Brasil (Mad About Record reissue)

1577462889628.png

And my fantastic Secret Santa box, thanks a lot @debianlinux!

1577462915567.png

Had myself a Colemine Records Christmas! Finally dipped my toes in the pool with The Sure Fire Soul Ensemble - Build Bridges and Ikebe Shakedown - Kings Left Behind. Unrelated, but probably related enough in a "if you like that, you should try this" sort of way is Tommy Guerrero - Road to Knowhere
20191227_120559.jpg

Had myself a Colemine Records Christmas! Finally dipped my toes in the pool with The Sure Fire Soul Ensemble - Build Bridges and Ikebe Shakedown - Kings Left Behind. Unrelated, but probably related enough in a "if you like that, you should try this" sort of way is Tommy Guerrero - Road to Knowhere
View attachment 27651
Road to Knowhere is so good!

Marshall Crenshaw - s/t
Joe Jackson - Look Sharp!

Picked these two up right before the store closed yesterday for my Birthday, good deals on both and a couple all timers for me!

View attachment 27666
Happy Birthday my Dude! I swear to god, about 3 years ago on my December Birthday, I also picked up that Marshall Crenshaw record for about $3 at Rainy Day records (though I has since given it away to a friend as an attempt to clear shelf space).

Happy Birthday my Dude! I swear to god, about 3 years ago on my December Birthday, I also picked up that Marshall Crenshaw record for about $3 at Rainy Day records (though I has since given it away to a friend as an attempt to clear shelf space).
Thank you! These just seemed to fit the mood, and are such great records top to bottom! I've purchased way too many records "for my birthday" this year! 🤣

Christmas Fresh
E14CCF53-6000-4348-A5C7-373614C25CDF.jpeg
here are the music and music related gifts I received this Christmas from many amazing friends and family.
First up, the music...
Cornelius - Point
The Clash - London Calling
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Live at Fillmore East
Matt Sweeney & Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy - Superwolf
Queens Of The Stone Age - Rated R
Rusty Bryant - Fire Eater
Sonic Youth - Goo 4xLP Boxset
Sonic Youth - Dirty 4xLP Boxset
The Beach Boys - The Beach Boys Christmas Album [cassette tape]

Next is the Books...

Twilight of the Gods: A Journey to the End of Classic Rock by Steve Hyden
33 1/3: Gateful Dead’s Workingman’s Dead
33 1/3: Beastie Boys’ Paul’s Boutique

Lastly Miscellanea...

I also got a Sony Boombox so I can listen to my burgeoning Tape collection, a Spin Clean to clean up all my dirty dirty records and a dope Estwing Hatchet that doesn’t have anything to do with music but Is beautiful and am very happy to own.

I hope everyone else had as Merry a Christmas as we had at casa de TLK. Now I‘ve got some records to spin.

Also, some local finds...
CA7C9C68-A38D-4205-A69F-C18F1EF24EF3.jpeg
Bob Weir - Ace
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky

I picked both these up yesterday from local store Turntable Treasures. The Wilco in particular was a good get. It was last of the Wilco albums that I would consider “essential” that I didn’t own and as of recently has become harder to come by (though I am sure it will be repressed again in the near future).

Also, a fine addition to my enamel pin collection arrived today with a Free Willie 2 trading card. Thanks @swamp jazz box set the pin looks great!

Christmas Fresh
View attachment 27692
here are the music and music related gifts I received this Christmas from many amazing friends and family.
First up, the music...
Cornelius - Point
The Clash - London Calling
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Live at Fillmore East
Matt Sweeney & Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy - Superwolf
Queens Of The Stone Age - Rated R
Rusty Bryant - Fire Eater
Sonic Youth - Goo 4xLP Boxset
Sonic Youth - Dirty 4xLP Boxset
The Beach Boys - The Beach Boys Christmas Album [cassette tape]

Next is the Books...

Twilight of the Gods: A Journey to the End of Classic Rock by Steve Hyden
33 1/3: Gateful Dead’s Workingman’s Dead
33 1/3: Beastie Boys’ Paul’s Boutique

Lastly Miscellanea...

I also got a Sony Boombox so I can listen to my burgeoning Tape collection, a Spin Clean to clean up all my dirty dirty records and a dope Estwing Hatchet that doesn’t have anything to do with music but Is beautiful and am very happy to own.

I hope everyone else had as Merry a Christmas as we had at casa de TLK. Now I‘ve got some records to spin.
84e1252819a8d23f609f18b0ddcc4b09.jpg

Back