Fresh Grabs

Looks as if I have another showing on my Usps but it’s still in label stage
I messaged them last week to update my shipping address since im moving later this week. They did say Channel Tres EP was ready to go but they were waiting on Black Moses but should be ready to ship this week.
You got yours today already? Damn. I'll be on the lookout for mine then...

I should be getting both so that Black Moses not being in there is worrying...

I messaged them last week to update my shipping address since I'm moving later this week. They also updated me on status and did say Channel Tres EP was ready to go but they were waiting on Black Moses but should be ready to ship this week.

Heres a few from the past week or so.

First up is the superb package from my secret santa (@LeeVing). They completely smashed this one!
Tom Waits - Heart Attack And Vine
John Scofield - Hand Jive (Blue Note, 2019 BN80 series)
Bill Evans - Jim Hall ‎– Undercurrent (Mobile Fidelity, 2013 Blue Note/MOFI pressing)

IMG_1219.JPG

The White Stripes ‎– The White Stripes XX (Third Man Records, The Vault Package 42)
Includes the White Stripes Self-Titled LP Outtakes, Live At The Ritz - Raleigh, NC - 9/26/99, Live At Paycheck’s - Hamtramck, MI - 03/13/99 DVD and Live At The Magic Stick - Detroit, MI - 05/30/99 DVD. All housed in a hard gatefold/book, unfortunately mine has a big dent/scratch on the front so I have put in a replacement request.
IMG_1220.JPG

Yusef Lateef / A.K. Salim ‎– Stable Mates (Savoy Records, 1957 First Mono Pressing)
A SUPER rare record that rarely pops up for sale. No official reissues so this is the only one which can be picked up if you want in wax. This WAS in top condition, without hardly an issue. Unfortunately, the front cover was bent slightly during shipping but the seller, Superfly Records, did graciously provide a partial refund.

John Coltrane & Lee Morgan ‎– The Best Of Birdland: Volume 1. (Roulette, 1963 First Stereo Pressing)

Another suberb record from Coltrane and Morgan! Been on my wantlist for a while but it always seemed to only be available in the US!

IMG_1226.JPG

The Beastie Boys! They are, they comin' home! They comin' home! Oh, they comin' home!
...FINALLY
F66C2520-5775-499F-9080-E9F088771928.jpeg
Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs
Beastie Boys - Roots Down EP

Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
I pre-ordered this “bundle” from Fat Beats back when the release was announced and these were released back in early October but as is currently the case with many releases. They had a tough time getting their copies of Paul’s Boutique from the distributor. The good news is everything arrived today safe and sound. I love the Beastie Boys and am super stoked to add these (though, to be honest, I already owned a 1LP version or Paul’s Boutique and a black version of Ill Communication).

Last edited:
649623AA-EA31-4C09-8EEB-65DD88136FD1.jpeg

The replacement arrives in “MINT” condition for WXAXRXP30 Vinyl Box Set. A really nice looking set. 😀 Box weighs in at about 10lbs.

A little over 5 weeks since the 1st one arrived damaged and a fair amt of back-and-forth with Bleep/Ochre customer service.

Original damaged one shipped from Burlington, NC USA to me in central USA in thin cardboard fitted box. I had been trying to get them to send me a new outer display box (sizable dent in front center) and all new inner sleeves (all 10 covers had top seam splits). Thinking that I had a better chance of a lighter box (no vinyl) shipping without damage.

What arrived was a new complete set shipped in the exact same light weight box. The real Xmas miracle is this one shipped from half way around the world (London) to central USA contents undamaged. This replacement’s shipping box was dented on 3 corners and tape holding the sides shut was split open on both sides. Barely made it.

Just curious.... Anyone else get one of these? Did they arrive undamage?

It’s a good morning to me when this just appears on my front door without any warning. All of y’all who ordered this, I would be on the lookout for random packages on your porch, because this may be in one of them

View attachment 26181
Congrats! Hopefully mine will just show up. :( that’ll be one of 6 I am still waiting for...

One of my best hauls of the year and it finally arrived. This has been at my local depot for just over 2 weeks now. Parcelforce wouldn't let me pick it up in person before it had a delivery attempt....but also wouldn't attempt to deliver. Luckily they passed it over to Royal Mail who knocked on my door to deliver and wish me a Merry Christmas at 7am this morning! So, here we go:

Red Garland - Red In Bluesville (Prestige, 1959 First Mono Pressing, Deep Groove)
The Billboard review at the time cracks me up, 'Red Garland presents attractive blues piano....Good wax for those who like blues and Garland'.
The Ray Draper Quintet Featuring John Coltrane (New Jazz, 1958 First Mono Pressing, Deep Groove)
This is the killer pick up, an amazing second album by Ray Draper, with John Coltrane. This album was really well received at the time and all eyes were on Draper, unfortunately, he became heavily addicted to drugs and later died at 42 when a 13-year old gang leader shot him.
Sonny Rollins - The Bridge (RCA Victor, 1962 First Mono Pressing, Deep Groove)
After releasing some big hits, Rollins took a break to remove himself from the limelight. He found a hidden raised platform on the Williamsburg Bridge and would play there for hours, battling the wind. He then released this record, naming it after his secret spot.
Sonny Rollins - East Broadway Run Down (Impulse!, 1966 First Stereo Pressing)
IMG_1276.JPG

Pharoah Sanders - Black Unity (Impulse!, 1972 First Stereo Pressing)
Miles Davis ‎– E.S.P. (Columbia, 1967 First Stereo Pressing)

Such a killer line up on this one, which was Davis' second quintet. With Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter & Tony Williams.
Lee Morgan - Caramba (Blue Note, 1968 First Stereo Pressing)
Well on the way to completing the Morgan discography as lead. This is a fantastic session!
IMG_1275.JPG

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to go through my fresh grabs and get them put in the collection. It’s been a very nice month so far.

John Mayer’s Continuum.
Clario’s Immunity from VMP.
Nine Inch Nail’ March of the Pigs(Promo).
Danny Brown(@marshall met and got this record signed for me by the man himself. Thanks again)

EA742DCD-0E33-440D-9AE6-B733985D691D.jpeg

A Very Vulfy Christmas
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Pinata(VMP)
Billie Elish - Live at Third Man( Again, thanks @marshall. The fiancée loves it)
Hydeout Productions - First Collection(Thanks to @Mather for this awesome trade for The Pixes <3)

243EDDF4-F2CE-4188-9B83-F7298EA5DC09.jpeg

2Pac - All Eyez on Me(2001)
Brockhampton - Saturation II & III

505E834E-2DDE-4D81-8F68-51E110C346E0.jpeg
Also, @ThePakoBuelna, if you do get another copy of First Collection, I still would like to buy it from you. I have a friend who’d want it.

Enjoy.

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to go through my fresh grabs and get them put in the collection. It’s been a very nice month so far.

John Mayer’s Continuum.
Clario’s Immunity from VMP.
Nine Inch Nail’ March of the Pigs(Promo).
Danny Brown(@marshall met and got this record signed for me by the man himself. Thanks again)

View attachment 26730

A Very Vulfy Christmas
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Pinata(VMP)
Billie Elish - Live at Third Man( Again, thanks @marshall. The fiancée loves it)
Hydeout Productions - First Collection(Thanks to @Mather for this awesome trade for The Pixes <3)

View attachment 26731

2Pac - All Eyez on Me(2001)
Brockhampton - Saturation II & III

View attachment 26740
Also, @ThePakoBuelna, if you do get another copy of First Collection, I still would like to buy it from you. I have a friend who’d want it.

Enjoy.
Yea! You got Vulfy Christmas! Let me know what ya think about it. I gave mine a spin last night and thoroughly enjoyed it especially since Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite holiday record of all time.

Back