Fresh Grabs

Itā€™s a good morning to me when this just appears on my front door without any warning. All of yā€™all who ordered this, I would be on the lookout for random packages on your porch, because this may be in one of them

View attachment 26181
Got mine today but no sign of tracking or black moses

I haven't posted here in several months, so please bare with me. This is gonna be a big one and probably confrontational for me considering how much I bought šŸ˜…

First of all two boxsets. One is a 10LP Nat King Cole Trio set from Resonance records. Highly recommend for fans of Nat and his trio, although quite expensive (per lp it isn't too bad, but as a whole set it is). Second one is a Japanese Jazz box from the label Three Blind Mice. I have to give a huge, and I mean huge, shoutout to @HuddieLedbetter, who personally delivered this set to me in Amsterdam. Saved me a ton in shipping and custom charges.
DSC_0180.JPG

Second are some random pickups and a few BFRSD items that I could get in Europe. First are two J-Jazz reissues from BBE: Makoto Terashita Meets Harold Land - Topology and Miyasaka + 5 - Animals Garden. I also got the Willie Colon Christmas record, with my favourite salsa track La Murga. I have been on the look out for that JJ Cale and Eric Clapton record forever, so very happy I finally found it. The John Lee Hooker album is a live album they reissued for BFRSD. Great stuff. Wilson Pickett I just bought for the cover. The Parker Jam Session compiles all the jam sessions Charlie Parker did with Bennie Carter and Johnny Hodges for Norman Granz in the 50s. Incredible line up besides the three Alto legends: Buddy Rich, Ben Webster, Oscar Peterson, Barney Kessel and Ray Brown, just to name a few. Finally, Bill Evans - The Village Vanguard Sessions combines the classic Waltz for Debby and Sunday at the Village Vanguard into a double LP package. From what i've read the most cost effective way to get a good AAA pressing of both albums.
DSC_0181.JPG

Third are all of the BN80 and Tone Poets I've picked up recently
DSC_0177.JPG

The last group are my recent VMP pickups. Probably my last after the debacle of the last few months. Just have one more month left on my plan.
DSC_0178.JPG

I haven't posted here in several months, so please bare with me. This is gonna be a big one and probably confrontational for me considering how much I bought šŸ˜…

First of all two boxsets. One is a 10LP Nat King Cole Trio set from Resonance records. Highly recommend for fans of Nat and his trio, although quite expensive (per lp it isn't too bad, but as a whole set it is). Second one is a Japanese Jazz box from the label Three Blind Mice. I have to give a huge, and I mean huge, shoutout to @HuddieLedbetter, who personally delivered this set to me in Amsterdam. Saved me a ton in shipping and custom charges.
View attachment 26342

Second are some random pickups and a few BFRSD items that I could get in Europe. First are two J-Jazz reissues from BBE: Makoto Terashita Meets Harold Land - Topology and Miyasaka + 5 - Animals Garden. I also got the Willie Colon Christmas record, with my favourite salsa track La Murga. I have been on the look out for that JJ Cale and Eric Clapton record forever, so very happy I finally found it. The John Lee Hooker album is a live album they reissued for BFRSD. Great stuff. Wilson Pickett I just bought for the cover. The Parker Jam Session compiles all the jam sessions Charlie Parker did with Bennie Carter and Johnny Hodges for Norman Granz in the 50s. Incredible line up besides the three Alto legends: Buddy Rich, Ben Webster, Oscar Peterson, Barney Kessel and Ray Brown, just to name a few. Finally, Bill Evans - The Village Vanguard Sessions combines the classic Waltz for Debby and Sunday at the Village Vanguard into a double LP package. From what i've read the most cost effective way to get a good AAA pressing of both albums.
View attachment 26341

Third are all of the BN80 and Tone Poets I've picked up recently
View attachment 26344

The last group are my recent VMP pickups. Probably my last after the debacle of the last few months. Just have one more month left on my plan.
View attachment 26343

ļæ¼ļæ¼ļæ¼ šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

Grant Green - Grant's First Stand. This just sounds so good and feels great when you hold the record. Blue Note did a great job with this. Rabbit hole commencing.

99AD170B-45AB-4ACC-84CB-923F44A2CC51.jpeg

Orville Peck - Pony. Happy to pick up the Urban Outfitters press. Sounds good and really enjoy this album.

3D17B174-5CA2-4B5B-B784-02D026C5E28D.jpeg

Grant Green - Grant's First Stand. This just sounds so good and feels great when you hold the record. Blue Note did a great job with this. Rabbit hole commencing.

View attachment 26375

Orville Peck - Pony. Happy to pick up the Urban Outfitters press. Sounds good and really enjoy this album.

View attachment 26376
Just checked to status of my Oville Peck and things do not look promising... "Left on dock. Delivery exception." Nice job, LaserShip...

Delivery day!

Grant Green - Sunday Mornin' (AAA reissue)
Ryan Porter - Force for Good
Makoto Terashita - The Great Harvest
Emma-Jean Thackray / Makaya McCraven ā€Žā€“ Too Shy / Run Dem

IMG_20191216_120025.jpg

VA - Midnight in Tokyo Vol 1&2 (both released on Japanese label King Records in... 1956/1957!)
VA - Tribe, Hometown: Detroit Sessions 1990-2014

IMG_20191216_120104.jpg

Last edited:
Back